Microsoft Says IE More Secure Than Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me guess Jeff Jones had a few too many Jagr-Bombs at the Microsoft office party before he did this interveiw...

:)

I DEMAND that i be banned , I have no desire to be associated with a microsoft fan club which the moderators of this forum have now proved - threads have been closed because certain deluded users of microsoft products who have all the technical know how of a hamster get all upset when it is pointed out that their OS of choice is utter shite. This thread has merit ?? surely you jest , this thread is based on nothing more than as the above post points out - the drunken ramblings of a microsoft employee in a state of semi panic.

front page news my arse!

I DEMAND that i be banned , I have no desire to be associated with a microsoft fan club which the moderators of this forum have now proved - threads have been closed because certain deluded users of microsoft products who have all the technical know how of a hamster get all upset when it is pointed out that their OS of choice is utter shite. This thread has merit ?? surely you jest , this thread is based on nothing more than as the above post points out - the drunken ramblings of a microsoft employee in a state of semi panic.

front page news my arse!

If you want to be banned I am sure they will be happy to help.
Though what are you rambling about? This forum caters to all different PC users, from windows, mac, Linux, even some I have never heard or used.

If you want to be banned I am sure they will be happy to help.
Though what are you rambling about? This forum caters to all different PC users, from windows, mac, Linux, even some I have never heard or used.

no it doesnt , as soon as someone mentions GNU/Linux people start accusing "trying to ram linux down peoples throats" then the thread gets closed . then threads like this come along which are based on nothing more than microfail marketing propaganda and everything is hunky-dory , front page news no less , what a load of crap

front page news my arse!

Jesus-H-Christ on a fucking rubber crutch, what the fuck is up with this guy!? LOL!!

Second time he's posted asking to be banned... wtf... lol.

Too much dopamine, perhaps? :eek: LMAO!

Just stop fucking posting here and don't come back if you don't want to be involved in the discussions here, shit-whit.

Jesus-H-Christ on a fucking rubber crutch, what the fuck is up with this guy!? LOL!!

Second time he's posted asking to be banned... wtf... lol.

Too much dopamine, perhaps? :eek: LMAO!

Just stop fucking posting here and don't come back if you don't want to be involved in the discussions here, shit-whit.

whatever prick , i want a ban that i'll be proud of

I think you might get a humiliating title instead next to your name

I think you might get a humiliating title instead next to your name

what like ? windows user ? microsoft employee ? [H]obbit ?

like i care , delete my posts and delete my account , i have better things to do than be a member of a microsoft cheerleader forum

Firefox says it is displaying the web in the "right" way. But what is this "right" way when a lot of the websites are not displayed correctly than if they would be when opened with IE? Sure today you can say the same thign about IE, but fact is that IE started first.
Yes. Internet Explorer was the first browser. Ever.

In reality, the first web browser was a text-only affair called WorldWideWeb, which was built for NeXTStep in 1991. The first graphics-rendering browser was NCSA Mosiac 2.0, which was first released in 1993, and the architects of Mosiac later went on to create Netscape in 1994, under the code name of, you guessed it, Mozilla. Microsoft didn't release the first version of IE, 1.0, until 1995. Prior to that, Netscape was long the dominant browser.

The Mozilla Organization is still a major player in the W3C and in the pursuit of evolving web standards. Microsoft typically just independently declares that things should function in a certain way, even if there are already W3C recommendations that clearly define otherwise. If you didn't know already, the W3C is the main international standards organization formed by the creator of WorldWideWeb (the first web browser, remember?), and their recommendations should be followed by every browser developer, Microsoft included.

EPIC FAIL, GREENMAN.

Give me an M!
M!
Give me an I!
I!
Give me a C!
C!
Give me a K!
K!
Give me an E!
E!
Give me a Y!
Y!

What's that spell?!?! Mickey!

Quit whining about people using Microsoft. There a lot of people here that use Linux. So who cares if they post something about IE. You don't have to read it.

Of course Microsoft is going to say it's more secure. I don't think their marketing plan would go very well if they said...

"IE, it's less secure than the free competition."
Stupidity for the win with that marketing plan.

Give me an M!
M!
Give me an I!
I!
Give me a C!
C!
Give me a K!
K!
Give me an E!
E!
Give me a Y!
Y!

What's that spell?!?! Mickey!

Quit whining about people using Microsoft. There a lot of people here that use Linux. So who cares if they post something about IE. You don't have to read it.

Of course Microsoft is going to say it's more secure. I don't think their marketing plan would go very well if they said...

"IE, it's less secure than the free competition."
Stupidity for the win with that marketing plan.

Perfectly good threads get closed because GNU/Linux is mentioned or some microplop OS gets dissed , i'll whine about that when threads like this have merit

whatever prick , i want a ban that i'll be proud of

Crave attention much? Mommy and daddy not show you enough lovin' when you were a child? Not enough hugs? Aww, I'm sorry.

A ban you'll be "proud" of... yeah, that's sane. You've proven your maturity an intelligence. You have proven you are the almighty creator of all things in the Universe.

Prick? Really...

Gotta love how easy it is for these easy-life, suburban little punk fuckers like you to mouth-off from behind a screen. Go put a bullet in your head and stop wasting my fucking air.

*sigh*... gotta love the interweb :D

Crave attention much? Mommy and daddy not show you enough lovin' when you were a child? Not enough hugs? Aww, I'm sorry.

A ban you'll be "proud" of... yeah, that's sane. You've proven your maturity an intelligence. You have proven you are the almighty creator of all things in the Universe.

Prick? Really...

Gotta love how easy it is for these easy-life, suburban little punk fuckers like you to mouth-off from behind a screen. Go put a bullet in your head and stop wasting my fucking air.

*sigh*... gotta love the interweb :D

yeh ok prick , go running to moderator and get me banned , i'll be happy , you'll be happy and so will bill gate$

oh yeh if you want my address i'll pm it to you and await your arrival , i'll show you punk fucker , i'm not scared of a little wanna be nerd prick like you

yeh ok prick , go running to moderator and get me banned , i'll be happy , you'll be happy and so will bill gate$

oh yeh if you want my address i'll pm it to you and await your arrival , i'll show you punk fucker , i'm not scared of a little wanna be nerd prick like you

LMFAO! Sure thing, buddy. PM it to me. I'm always in need of new sparring partners anyway, you'll be fun to practice on. If you live in AZ, I'll be happy to meet up with ya! :D

Wow... been a while since I've seen such a textbook case of delusion, 101. I guess this dude thinks Bill Gates is the anti-christ and out to get him.

OK, enough of this. I don't want to make a mockery out of [H]'s boards, as I respect Kyle, [H] and the staff.

lol, what the hell? Is he serious or just provoking with all these silly posts? I hope the latter, otherwise he's making a pretty bad name for linux users. He's probably typing via IE and Vista anyway ;)

oh, and btw, what are these threads u speak of, that were banned? Maybe some over-enthusiastic GNU fans were making comments similar to urs and the admins decided the thread were useless. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't block them if they were sensible and in a proper place.

oh, and btw, what are these threads u speak of, that were banned? Maybe some over-enthusiastic GNU fans were making comments similar to urs and the admins decided the thread were useless. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't block them if they were sensible and in a proper place.

Like this thread then ?

It's not as bad as Vista. If you're worried about running out of memory, toss out Vista and get a good Linux distro.

Why would I toss out Vista, it make proper use of my ram. Anyway I am not really worried about running out of ram, my box has 8GB of it. :D I am a die hard Firefox user, but unlike many people I can admit the software I like contains flaws.

Whatever, if you have windows they're free, get both, use whatever you want. I hate these dumb flames and wars.

Perfectly good threads get closed because GNU/Linux is mentioned or some microplop OS gets dissed , i'll whine about that when threads like this have merit

You do know that there's a whole sub-forum for Free and Open Source operating systems, right? Just head over to the Linux/BSD/Free Systems area. Yeah, the [H] hates open source enough that they have a whole sub-forum dedicated to it. :p

And I not only agree with brom42, but would go even further. There are flaws not only in Firefox, but in IE, Opera, Windows XP, Windows Vista, all distros of Linux, BSD, QNX, BeOS, and every other browser/OS that exists. It's simply the nature of large, complex, constantly-evolving software systems.

All systems have flaws. The hacker/cracker/spammer will just always use the econemys of scale. Why would a hacker, somebody who preys on the ignorant masses try to hack something that has a very low market share and is used only by people who aren't idoits?

Mac / Linux / FireFox / OS2(lol) need a nemisis... Somebody to hack the heck out of them and target them directly to knock them off their high horse.

<insert tard ranting here>

If anyone looks at his posting history, it's obvious he's only come in here to take a shit all over anything Microsoft, and get banned so he can look 1337 in front of his make-believe friends. I'd say give him a title he'd be ashamed of rather than the ban-hammer.

All systems have flaws. The hacker/cracker/spammer will just always use the econemys of scale. Why would a hacker, somebody who preys on the ignorant masses try to hack something that has a very low market share and is used only by people who aren't idoits?

Mac / Linux / FireFox / OS2(lol) need a nemisis... Somebody to hack the heck out of them and target them directly to knock them off their high horse.

You're right, but MS also makes it so easy :p?

Firefox says it is displaying the web in the "right" way. But what is this "right" way when a lot of the websites are not displayed correctly than if they would be when opened with IE? Sure today you can say the same thign about IE, but fact is that IE started first.

The right way is how the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C, the creators of the HTML/CSS/XML/etc standards) says it is. And the last time I checked, Opera was the browser that was closest to actually following the web standards (though none of them follow them perfectly).

<Insert dildo here>

You do know that there's a whole sub-forum for Free and Open Source operating systems, right? Just head over to the Linux/BSD/Free Systems area. Yeah, the [H] hates open source enough that they have a whole sub-forum dedicated to it. :p

And I not only agree with brom42, but would go even further. There are flaws not only in Firefox, but in IE, Opera, Windows XP, Windows Vista, all distros of Linux, BSD, QNX, BeOS, and every other browser/OS that exists. It's simply the nature of large, complex, constantly-evolving software systems.

you fail to see my point , other threads that have meandered onto free platform conversation have been closed because of microsoft cheerleaders that get upset. This thread is based on nothing more than bullshit from the microsoft marketing dept and yet it is worthy of front page news, this is why i wish to be banned , not because i want to show off in front of friends ( i can do that by dropping my trousers ) but because i have no desire to be part of a microsoft cheerleading club nor do i wish to endorse it in any way shape or form. Delete my posts and my account please

P.S. links and dillo imo are the best browsers available

you fail to see my point , other threads that have meandered onto free platform conversation have been closed because of microsoft cheerleaders that get upset. This thread is based on nothing more than bullshit from the microsoft marketing dept and yet it is worthy of front page news, this is why i wish to be banned , not because i want to show off in front of friends ( i can do that by dropping my trousers ) but because i have no desire to be part of a microsoft cheerleading club nor do i wish to endorse it in any way shape or form. Delete my posts and my account please

P.S. links and dillo imo are the best browsers available

:eek:
Seriously, if you are so unhappy with this forum this please, please stop coming back and responding. This thread was about IE being better than other browsers, yes it pertains to Microsoft, but this is about browsers and not operating systems.

Also, maybe you were out of line (read through many of your response and you are) in the other threads where you are talking about other operating systems. Name calling and mud slinging can be fun, but you are just doing it as your whole argument and not talking about the actual products at hand here.

:eek:
Seriously, if you are so unhappy with this forum this please, please stop coming back and responding. This thread was about IE being better than other browsers, yes it pertains to Microsoft, but this is about browsers and not operating systems.

Also, maybe you were out of line (read through many of your response and you are) in the other threads where you are talking about other operating systems. Name calling and mud slinging can be fun, but you are just doing it as your whole argument and not talking about the actual products at hand here.

No i want a full ban for life , i have no wish for an account on this forum

Funny - if i have been out of line i have received no warnings of any kind , i can only assume that the moderators agree with me and yes i have explained why the anal-drivel from microplop regarding its webbrowser is exactly that

Clearly they're not listening to you.

If the mods here are such Microsoft cheerleaders, posting anything remotely level-headed in the OS forum should get you banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back