Microsoft’s Remote Keyboard for MCE

CrimandEvil said:
I want one.
Aw man....another kewl thing for me to spend my non-existant money on :-(. At first, I thought this would be perfect for me, my htpc needs a wireless keyboard and a mce remote, but would I really want to grab a keyboard when I just want to switch songs?

On second though, I think I'll buy a MCE remote and separate wireless kb instead.

For a front projection theater room. This is by far the best keyboard visually I have seen. The DiNovo is OK, but lacks the range, the others with the thumb pad sides are nice, but not nearly as useful in MCE2005.

http://www.activewin.com/articles/2005/images/hw1.gif

I will definately have to try this out, but I hope it works when you are 15-20 feet from the receiver.

jebo_4jc At first said:
[/font]

On second though, I think I'll buy a MCE remote and separate wireless kb instead.

hmm this looks very nice, but definatlely not a remote subsitute, i would want 1 them both, but having a built in remote when you are using the keyboard would be very nice.

SarverSystems said:
Didn't anyone notice it says the keys are backlit?
But is MCE + Backlight worth about $70? I dunno.

Yes, it is. Cause I say so. :p

As soon as I find a place that sells this bad boy, it's going on my HTPC shopping list.

SarverSystems said:
Yes, it is. Cause I say so. :p
In the end, that's what all buying decisions are based on. So go for it.
However, I wish the thing wasn't IR. Every other KB MS makes is RF or bluetooth, why not this one?

IR you can learn to a universal remote. I like IR for home theatre use. plus the range/$$ ratio is betterf or IR. meaning you can get good range for less money using IR technology,

Even though I wish it used something like BT or RF atleast with IR you'll be able to mount the receiver inside of the case rather then have it sitting around like it would if it was BT or RF (plus with AV gear it would be easy to run into interference with them).

I'm just wondering how the lag is on it, would be great if I could use it for some couch gaming. :D

Damn! Wouldn't that look great sitting in the living room?!

Notice the two bottons marked "PC" and "TV?" You think they'd let you turn on the PC or TV? ;)

I'm pretty sure that thrid party apps will quickly support it like they did with the MCE remote too.

Back