Microsoft Reminding Owners Windows 8 Upgrades to End Soon

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Microsoft is getting the word out to all of the purchasers of new computers with Windows 7 installed that the deadline for purchasing Windows 8 Pro for $14.99 is rapidly approaching. All Windows 7 machines purchased between June 2nd and January 31st qualify for the special pricing.

Microsoft's Windows 8 Pro upgrade offer also allows users to download the optional Windows Media Center add-on for free until January 31st. Again, Microsoft has yet to announce what the price will be for that add-on once that offer expires.

They should actually be lowering the price although I'm not sure even that would help..

Microsoft is doing what it should by letting people know that this incredible deal is available for a limited time only. For anyone who already soaked up the licence cost of their OS in a new computer, they can, for a marginal number of extra dollars, pay for another license for another OS!

Microsoft: Hey, you won't be able to buy a cheap upgrade to Windows 8 for much longer.

Skribbels Everywhere: Yeah? We're okay with 95/98/ME/2000/NT4/XP/Vista/7/thisLinuxDistro/OSX/BEOS/Solaris/stone tablets/etc thanks.

Microsoft: *swt drops*

Why the fuk would you purchase/install W8 on a newly purchased PC that already has W7 installed on it.

Derp-Animals-Banned-In-Hollywood-51.jpg

I just put classic shell on my niece's new HP and got rid of that windows screen shit. It works like a computer now. I think the windows 7 interface would be better though

The only decent this about the promo is purchasing a license key to use later on down the road.

The only decent this about the promo is purchasing a license key to use later on down the road.
That's what I'm doing this weekend. I know I'll be forced to at least one copy eventually. I'm loading up so I can get the free media center. Then the machine is going back to W7. The machine needs a re-install anyway. So its not really that big a deal.

I took advantage if the early loophole and got a few upgrades for cheap. I really like my htpc now

Windows 8 "promotions" are like buses and women: there'll be another one along in 10 minutes.

MS dreams of 30% app tax grandeur. Since Win8 is an O/S bolted onto an app store, they'll have to give it away if they want anyone but the clueless buying new PC's to upgrade.

I took advantage if the early loophole and got a few upgrades for cheap. I really like my htpc now

I think it still exists my friend told me he got it the other day without much of a fuss. I think I might take advantage of it as well since it greatly reduces the price.

Many shits were not given.

I got Windows 8 upgrade for free after rebate, and didn't bother installing it.

I wouldn't install Windows 8 if I had a gun pointed at my head forcing me too. Dramatic? Yeah, but you get the idea how much I dislike Metro.

If they were offering to pay $15 to upgrade to Win8 I still wouldnt do it. Its not so much I hate Win8 (I do loathe Metro) but its just that Win7 is superb and I have no complaints and no desire to "upgrade" and have to bother with reinstalling a whole new OS.

If they were offering to pay $15 to upgrade to Win8 I still wouldnt do it. Its not so much I hate Win8 (I do loathe Metro) but its just that Win7 is superb and I have no complaints and no desire to "upgrade" and have to bother with reinstalling a whole new OS.

Same argument to be had between 2000 and xp, it will eventually grow as ms modifies, tweaks and adjusts it.

I think it still exists my friend told me he got it the other day without much of a fuss. I think I might take advantage of it as well since it greatly reduces the price.
I did try the new one making its round on the internet and out did not work for me.

I wouldn't install Windows 8 if I had a gun pointed at my head forcing me too. Dramatic? Yeah, but you get the idea how much I dislike Metro.

Not so much dramatic as maybe a little immature?:confused:

They need to reverse the deal, and start paying people $14.99 to upgrade to Windows 8. Although I still suspect that not even that would make it was popular as Windows 7.

Wow it is shocking how much hate here. But I guess guns are the problem, too, eh?

I am out of here until somebody can prove me an I.Q. of above probably 12-13 or so.

:)

Its a shame, if they hadn't closed that loophole I'd probably have bought 3 copies (2 pc's and the laptop) and they'd have got more money than the single copy I bought for my desktop at the higher discount price.

As for why anyone would upgrade a new PC that came with 7? In my experience 8 is faster on laptops. And in all cases, once you 3rd-party away the start screen you get the windows 7 feel with all the under-the-hood improvements that are - in my opinion - worth a few quid.

Microsoft: "Please! Please! The deadline is near! You must buy our new OS to put on your laptops and PCs!"

< holds out hand with the number 8 stamped into a dog turd >

Consumers: "Uh, no thanks."

Back