Microsoft Office iPhone Users Can Doodle With Their Fingers

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft has updated Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for all you iPhone users out there so you can use the drawing tab option that iPad owners have been using forever. Now you can use your finger to doodle on your iPhone...for whatever reason calls for that.

Tools include a pen with adjustable line thicknesses and color, a highlighter and an eraser, and you can draw directly on cells, documents or slides. The new tools should come in particularly handy in conjunction with Office's new collaboration tools, letting users easily mark up and share changes. The updated apps are now available on the App Store.

You have to do something to stay awake in meetings.

Yeah, I don't understand the appeal, but apparently we have a lot of people who are quite fanatic about that One Note nonsense on thee forums. I guess they see something I don't.

Just be warned if you are female. This study showed that woman who use their phone in bed, in the dark, with one hand and "doodle" with the other, can temporarily go blind.

Yeah, I don't understand the appeal, but apparently we have a lot of people who are quite fanatic about that One Note nonsense on thee forums. I guess they see something I don't.

Ink in Word and Excel isn't the most useful thing though it can be for certain things like document reviewing. In PowerPoint, you can markup a presentation on the fly, that's can come in handy as it's a very natural and convenient thing to do. It's not a fluid though on a smaller screen with finger or capacitive stylus input.

OneNote is another matter. Ink can be uniquely useful there. But ink is only a part of it, OneNote can capture and search handwriting, text and even images, even voice thought that doesn't work as well the other types. When it's use to capture any kind of information that one wants to be able reference latter, it essentially is a freeform database.

Back