Microsoft Office 2016 PC/Mac for $9.95 (for Qualified School/Work Emails)

Even clicking on the link they provide, I cannot find the company codes. Thanks for posting this.

And here I just paid for a year @ 99 I think for 5 computers.

Is this even worth $10 if you already have Office 2013?
I'd find it worth the $10 to get rid of the eyesore all-caps Ribbon tabs in 2013 ("FILE / HOME / INSERT" etc.). Except I already have Office 2016 via MSDN. But then, it's only $10, hmm...

(Yes, I tried unOFFIC, but found it inconsistently effective.)

Just put in your company email, you shouldn't need a code,. if it requests it your HR or benefits team should be able to help you obtain a Program Code if your company supports it.

Last edited:
I didn't qualified through my school but do through my work. Thanks.

If your school/employer licenses your Office Licensing through Office 365 (becoming more and more popular), you may be able to sign into portal.office.com and just install it on your PC. It'll stop working when your employer deactivates your account, so don't get fired -- but free is better than $10.

Is this even worth $10 if you already have Office 2013?

That is a good question, and judging on past experience I'd say no. I've gone through Office95, Office XP, and Office 2013, and each version changes a little tiny something that always annoys the ever living fuck out of me.

What are you doing with your office programs? If you're typing shit up and entering things in a spreadsheet there is zero reason to upgrade.

Hmmm, Wondering if I should buy this.

I got the previous version. Not sure what that was maybe 2013?

Worth the upgrade? I would check portal.office.com first of course but if the upgrade isn't free what differences would I see?

Just bought (work email worked for me), thanks OP for heads up. Was toying with purchasing 2016 for Mac so this made the decision a no-brainer.

Just bought a macbook pro, I have office 2013 on my PC but none on Mac, hated the outdated office 2011 for Mac, saw the deal today and bought a Mac copy..

I think the new 2016 looks and feels great for a modern OS, especially at $9.95 ;)

Just bought a macbook pro, I have office 2013 on my PC but none on Mac, hated the outdated office 2011 for Mac, saw the deal today and bought a Mac copy..

I think the new 2016 looks and feels great for a modern OS, especially at $9.95 ;)

Someone commented about many universities offering office 365 for downloading, which is true... But if you just graduated and still have your school email and it works with Microsoft.. This will be the next best option besides free.

If your school/employer licenses your Office Licensing through Office 365 (becoming more and more popular), you may be able to sign into portal.office.com and just install it on your PC. It'll stop working when your employer deactivates your account, so don't get fired -- but free is better than $10.

Not all the Office 365 plans include office. I know the E3 plan includes 5 installations of office for each user. I don't actually tell my users they can install it at home, but they could. An administrator can also deactivate an install at will, so I would suggest asking if it acceptable first.

Technically these HUP licenses expire with termination of employment as well.

This temporary license expires with the employer's Software Assurance coverage, or upon termination of employment with the covered organization.

Thanks for the link! $10 is totally worth it for that real-time typing with others in word that I've been using google docs to do for the last 5-6 years.

HUP is the standalone full version of office that you download and install on your machine. as long as you save your cdkey and the download file you can reinstall it as many times as you want. I have reinstalled office 2013 edition like 4 or 5 times and its fine

Most universities have it free to download for students and staff. The only reason I see to buy it is if you are close to graduating/retiring.

i dont think thats true. most students get a discount at $80 for 4 years of 365 license.

I wish i could get office as a student.

this didnt work for my school.

Haha :D, to be clear I wasn't begging for a free copy. I was looking for a "program code" so I can get in on the $10 deal.
Won't help you. You still need the corresponding corporate email address for them to mail you the link to finish the transaction. There's no cheating this unless you find someone who works for an eligible company who is willing to purchase it for you (and giving up a chance to get their own copy).

Worked for me. I can't decided if I should get this for Mac or windows.

If you actually have a Mac you would use this on, and already have 2013 or even 2010 for your Windows machines, 2016 for Mac is a no-brainer. 2010 and 2013 for Windows are still serviceable even today, while Office 2011 for Mac wasn't even serviceable when it was launched. :D

Won't help you. You still need the corresponding corporate email address for them to mail you the link to finish the transaction. There's no cheating this unless you find someone who works for an eligible company who is willing to purchase it for you (and giving up a chance to get their own copy).

Or if you are in the IT department and can set up aliases for Exchange accounts..

Or if your school uses Google Apps and their hosted email service, you can add dots or +anything to it to effectively get a new email address.

Back