Microsoft Launches Windows 7

i preordred back in june thru the microsoft store, downloadable copies (2 home prem).

i got a conformation email like a week ago, that said ill be getting a link to the download today, but ive yet to get that email.

I had beta 7000 and RC, and loved it. But I can't justify $200 for an OS...until I can get a cheaper version I'm sticking with the Mint install I did a few days ago. All the (more) pretty, $200 less the cost.:D

Good OS though!

I'm have been running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (signature edition) for about a week or so. (Thanks to houseparty.com) Running smooth, Still have the beta on my laptop. Having a launch party on Saturday!

I have been running the Retail version of Win7Pro since late August. Thank you, MSDNAA!

I'm happy for today because XP mode is now officially out of beta. I have been trying to use it for months and it has been realllly unstable with my systems. Granted, I have had 0 problems with drivers or programs with Win7 anyway (a feat for my laptop with crazy picky drivers) but XP mode is an interesting new virtual PC concept. It is not a new virtual drive, it communicates with Win 7.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Happy Win7 day, all!

What and see. They are always BUGS. Impossible not to have them. It's Man Made is it not? How many Millions of Lines of Code?

I bet SP1 is already planned and will be out within 12-18 months. Same hype was rolled out for Vista, XP and Win98 and Even DOS. Why pay what 108 for upgrade? What does it get you if your running Vista 64?

I doubt many business will leap on this wagon. No benefit for most of them going from XP to Vista. What;s changed.

Time will tell

DM

Been running Ultimate (RTM) since it was put up on Technet. Have no issues at all. It's fast, well designed, and well implemented.

What and see. They are always BUGS. Impossible not to have them. It's Man Made is it not? How many Millions of Lines of Code?

I bet SP1 is already planned and will be out within 12-18 months. Same hype was rolled out for Vista, XP and Win98 and Even DOS. Why pay what 108 for upgrade? What does it get you if your running Vista 64?

I doubt many business will leap on this wagon. No benefit for most of them going from XP to Vista. What;s changed.

Time will tell

DM

God you sound like a shill.

After seeing the prices on Newegg I doubt I would have bought it yet but luckily I have a W7 Party pack.

I pre-ordered one copy of Home Premium 64 bit from MS. I opted to have them send the DVD, so I guess that it will be a few days before I get it. It's no big deal, as I've been happily running the RC1 since it was released.

I'm also getting a copy of Home Premium 32 bit from a friend who bought a laptop a month ago, and wants to stay with Vista. I'll be putting it on my Asus eee 900 which is running the 32 bit RC1 now.

I just can't understand some people's reluctance to change over. Win 7 is already as mature as XP SP2, and Vista SP1. It's been used and abused by hundreds of thousands of us during the Public Beta, and RC1 free trials, and it's the most mature OS on release that MS has ever produced.

Time will tell

DM

lol ignorance must be really bliss for you to refuse to get out of your shell.

You do realize that a lot of us have been running the final version for months now don't you? There's no "wait and see." We've seen. It's a great OS.

If it wasn't an improvement over Vista 64 do you really think people would be this excited?

The thing is, most businesses didn't go from XP to Vista, but now I suspect many will be going from XP to 7.

MS makes the big deal out of it. They did the same with Vista and then dropped the ball.

I'm gonna stick with the RC I've been using for the past couple months until I can acquire a copy of Ultimate 64-bit through the government like I do all my other expensive software :). The 64-bit RC has been extremely stable and reliable so far. I have until June 1st 2010, right?

Yeah, I am waiting for my government stimulus package to buy Windows & ala cash for clunkers. I think I can dig out an old Windows 98 disk...

MS makes the big deal out of it. They did the same with Vista and then dropped the ball.

They didn't drop the ball ffs. Quit being a sheeple.

Vista was a new kernel just as 2000 was a new kernel. XP was successful for the most part because drivers are already available, thanks to 2000. Windows 7 follows the same success as XP, thanks to Vista getting the driver ball rolling.

If Windows 7 had came first, there would be the driver problem, no matter how quick and good Win7 is.

Vista only "failed" because of 4chan and sheeple spreading crap on the internet and nobody was capable of finding things out for themselves.

I've been running Pro x64 for a couple months now. Extremely stable on both systems. Before that, I had RC1 running. RC1 ran stable.

Is it me or does anyone else who runs both Vista64 SP2 and Win7-x64 feel the similarity?

Is it me or does anyone else who runs both Vista64 SP2 and Win7-x64 feel the similarity?

If you have a modern machine you will not notice much difference between Vista and Win7.

Been available thru work's MSDN and school's MSDNAA for a while now, but glad to hear everyone else finally gets it.

I've put Win7 on every system I own, and am loving it. Also running Server 2008 R2 on my home server and it's very nice!

yup, tested both on a test mule netbook dual boot, and after clean installs, and a few days of usage, both of them pretty much performed the exact same....

Vista SP3 indeed.... not that I'm complaining though, I liked Vista, and will be moving to Win 7 on my computers once the SP1 comes out anyway....

Got 64 bit professional free thru school msdnaa. Installed as dual boot to vista ultimate 64 bit, works great no complaints.

Two copies of windows 7 ultimate 64 bit for me and the wife delivering today from newegg. :)

HOLY SHIT. CONGRATULATIONS!:D:D:D:D:D

as a MSDP i would say i get a free copy of it, but i done paid that ridiculous membership fee. but win7 ultimate 64 for me.

Recieved my ISO last night, burning DVD tonight. Backing up data and reformatting tomorrow (I raid tonight ;x)

I will be running Windows 7 Professional.

I'm one of the many folks that took advantage of the "$50 pre-order" deal on, so I should be receiving 3 copies of Windows 7 Home Premium soon. Since I'm debating on upgrading my main rig to i5 or i7, I'm not sure I'll install it immediately (since my main rig will then become the secondary rig and secondary rig, etc...). Regardless of that, at 50 bucks a pop you'd have to be crazy not to have taken advantage of that deal. :D

- James

Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition. I have not been this happy with an OS since XP first came out. I hae been playing with it since I got it in the mail with my party pack, it is outstanding! If you do not upgrade form XP or Vista I feel sorry for you. It is well worth the cash.:D

Still running on the RC. Waiting for a couple paychecks to roll through so I can be sure I have the cash for an OEM Ultimate 64-bit copy.

I pre-ordered Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade from Newegg for $50. My CC was charged yesterday and I should receive the DVD within the next few days. I'll do a clean install on my Vista computer.

I may also order the $30 student deal for my XP computer. But I'll wait until the dust settles on that to make sure that's the full version and not just the upgrade that was offered for the pre-order.

Today may be the most important day for MS since when Windows 95 was released.

I think this will be the first OS I install without ever trying before hand. lol. It's in the mail and since it ships to my folks place looks like I'm installing it after thanksgiving.

If you all think this isn't Vista, type in ver in your CMD prompt and quess what it says 6.1 7600

Been running Windows 7 Ultimate on my laptop and desktop for around a week (gotta love MSDN).

Had it for about month. Other than the bizarre, useless new taskbar, it's da shnizzle (or whatever the kids call it these days) :)

Back