Microsoft Internal Documents - Permanent Work From Home

Everyone is different, but yeah, I'm with you.

What I have noticed about myself is that if I have a lot of alone time (like I did in college and back when I was single) I gradually build up my people tolerance to the point where I actually want to go out and see people. As soon as I don't have alone time to recover after, or as soon as shit gets stressful, the to do list both at home and at work gets to long, I just tend to turn inward and not want to see people until I can get everything done.

I feel like there is a misconception in society about what it means to be an introvert, which is probably why I never viewed myself as one. People tend to associate the word with shy, wimpy people who lack self confidence. That's not me at all. I never back down from a fight, intellectual or physical. I can get up in someones face and never let something go with the best of them.

I just lack the patience to put up with people's shit unless I've had some down time alone inbetween. Its like my patience needs time to recharge.

Adult life with a family and a job has not been very compatible with this need thus far.
Corded leaf blowers are dumb but this you nailed 100%

I used to work 3 days in office and 2 days at home even though I could work from home anyday. But I have realized even though I take some breaks I really end up working more from home just because its easy to do and more comfortable lol. I think companies fail to realize if its tech related job and it can be done from home employees will definitely work more because they can work anytime, plus no real estate. Just pay their internet.

I used to work 3 days in office and 2 days at home even though I could work from home anyday. But I have realized even though I take some breaks I really end up working more from home just because its easy to do and more comfortable lol. I think companies fail to realize if its tech related job and it can be done from home employees will definitely work more because they can work anytime, plus no real estate. Just pay their internet.

Commercial real estate is expensive and I would imagine many shareholders will demand that companies reduce their commercial footprint and shift their footprints to home offices where possible. The last company I worked at which required me onsite was renovating their entire 40 story office building with the silly open office concept and I believe may just have completed it. Oops. Millions down the drain.

Commercial real estate is expensive and I would imagine many shareholders will demand that companies reduce their commercial footprint and shift their footprints to home offices where possible. The last company I worked at which required me onsite was renovating their entire 40 story office building with the silly open office concept and I believe may just have completed it. Oops. Millions down the drain.
its all cyclical. Once covid is a memory, the new execs will quickly forget it and make everyone come back into the office.

I think you're correct.
IBM did something similar a while back. Adopted a policy to allow a lot of people work remotely without reporting in to offices. People then chose to live at lake houses etc. Later IBM had change of management (or change of mind), laid a lot of them off, and required those who survived to come in to offices. A lot weren't anywhere near an office, and had to either offload their home for significant discounts, or find a new job that would allow them to work remotely.

IBM did something similar a while back. Adopted a policy to allow a lot of people work remotely without reporting in to offices. People then chose to live at lake houses etc. Later IBM had change of management (or change of mind), laid a lot of them off, and required those who survived to come in to offices. A lot weren't anywhere near an office, and had to either offload their home for significant discounts, or find a new job that would allow them to work remotely.

It really would be nice if most jobs (obviously ones where WFH is possible) would let you work anywhere, so that your job didn't have to dictate where you live, or where you live cuts down your job choices.

I know, wish in one hand.....

Back