Microsoft has new Surface Wireless Earbuds

seanreisk

[H]ard|Gawd
And they look dorky as hell.

Microsoft Surface Earbuds

However, my inside man at Microsoft says they're actually comfortable. Regardless, it sounds like Microsoft tried to step up their game a bit and say, "Screw the usual 'me too' manufacturing, lets make something we like and let it stand on its merits." It sounds like they put some thought into them.

They really do look dorky, though. But maybe... if they work, I'll wear them.

Last edited:
Honestly they look better than the stupid danglees that the airpods offer.....I think those look worse than these, at least they are plain looking.

I tend to agree. Those airpods absolutely look stupid as hell. I would wear these over the airpods any day.

While I prefer the aesthetic of the airpods, the design of these is only about five celebrity endorsements away from "trendy" with a double-plus bonus if comfy.

...I don't use any of these products, however.

I much prefer cans but at least these don't resemble that one scene from There's Something About Mary.

And they look dorky as hell.

Microsoft Surface Earbuds

However, my inside man at Microsoft says they're actually comfortable. Regardless, it sounds like Microsoft tried to step up their game a bit and say, "Screw the usual 'me too' manufacturing, lets make something we like and let it stand on its merits." It sounds like they put some thought into them.

They really do look dorky, though. But maybe... if they work, I'll wear them.

They do not appear anymore "dorky" then the rest of the industry stuff, more or less. Also, they also appear to be something that would be far less likely to be lost. Oh well, I do not wear earbuds anyways.

holy ***k, just when i thought you can't get any worse than airpods. Good job Microsoft.

Nobody is going to buy those

holy ***k, just when i thought you can't get any worse than airpods. Good job Microsoft.

Nobody is going to buy those

Why? Can you explain to me an objective reason why? Now, I am not going to buy any earbuds but, not sure where you are coming from.

With this and the surface 3 laptops I would say that is obvious that Microsoft is taking one from Apple books and competing by copying them directly.

Hopefully they will do great actually, competition is always great for the user.

Christ, they look like cow tags, or like those hipster earlobe stretching discs.

Jabra Elite 65t (and this month, 75t), Galaxy Buds, and Sony WF-1000XM3 are all phenomenal wireless earbuds. The Sony's in particular are 'nuther level.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20191004-091616~2.png

Last edited:
Is it just me or do airpods remind anybody else of laughing at people wearing bluetooth ear pieces back when they were the big, except now they have them in both ears.

Yeah, but how do they sound?

I'm sure you could easily customize these with stickers or whatever and make them look fine. Hell, you could probably get a sticker that looks like that area of an ear and nobody would know at first glance.

I've been using Sony WH-1000XM2 cans for a year or so and have no desire to switch to buds.

Wondering why the US govt is so worried about requiring EVs to make noise as they move. By the time the noisy EVs hit the streets, everyone's ears will be full of earbuds and unable to hear anything short of a crashing jet.

They ought to make them in different colors as fashion accessories.

Wondering why the US govt is so worried about requiring EVs to make noise as they move. By the time the noisy EVs hit the streets, everyone's ears will be full of earbuds and unable to hear anything short of a crashing jet.

They ought to make them in different colors as fashion accessories.

This has been happening for 10 years now. Invest in hearing aid companies and you'll be rich in 30 years.

Will.I.Am isn't happy with Microsoft on these ear buds.... Apparently he suggested them to Microsoft with regards to a partnership a few years back & was laughed at allegedly..... Who will be the first to stick them in the stretched ear lobes?

I would probably buy them. I have been impressed with their xbox wireless headphones performance. They have to at least be as good as the Bose buds I have now.

I actually think they look cool. At least it is something bold and different.

These look way better than the Apple ones... That being said, EVERYONE making these double wireless headphones can go screw themselves with the prices.

Hope the drivers are bigger than the Jabras. I mean they should be.

AirPods are the standard now so I hope they’ve got multiple device functionality figured out.

also because of the size these might help with ambient background noise (think flying) better than the AirPods and the Jabra Elite Sports I carry. I’m really tired of carrying sennheisers BT 4.40s for flights. Not sure how much smaller these are though lol

These look way better than the Apple ones... That being said, EVERYONE making these double wireless headphones can go screw themselves with the prices.

upload_2019-10-8_2-58-29.gif

The powerbeats 3 pro’s have been by far my most favourite set of headphones

Why? Can you explain to me an objective reason why? Now, I am not going to buy any earbuds but, not sure where you are coming from.

The look and the price.

Add to that they have nothing special for the apple ecosystem, and for the android ecosystem they are anywhere from an outsider to the enemy.

They are also coming in 4th to the "smart" bluetooth ear bud market, and third place is a bajillion way tie between a bunch of vendors doing things fairly well and leveraging alexa at about half the price of these things.

So based on the description to date the only things these bring to table are some form of app launching and real time transcription. Which unless the REAL announcement is that MS's AI poweder transcription is much faster and better all of a sudden is like saying hey.. get up on stage and lets do some improv comedy during your quarterly earnings report. Also, I'm not sure who needs real time transcriptions that doesn't already have hardware in place to use that is already paid for. After that, it's basically dragon natrually speaking for office except with big brother spying.

The look and the price.

Add to that they have nothing special for the apple ecosystem, and for the android ecosystem they are anywhere from an outsider to the enemy.

They are also coming in 4th to the "smart" bluetooth ear bud market, and third place is a bajillion way tie between a bunch of vendors doing things fairly well and leveraging alexa at about half the price of these things.

So based on the description to date the only things these bring to table are some form of app launching and real time transcription. Which unless the REAL announcement is that MS's AI poweder transcription is much faster and better all of a sudden is like saying hey.. get up on stage and lets do some improv comedy during your quarterly earnings report. Also, I'm not sure who needs real time transcriptions that doesn't already have hardware in place to use that is already paid for. After that, it's basically dragon natrually speaking for office except with big brother spying.
To be honest Apple and MS and Samsung are already late to this game.....the earbuds have been around a lot longer than these guys. I mean the fact that you have crap hanging out of your ear to begin with is just ridiculous. The airpods are silly. The only thing I like about these are the fact they even though they are big they aren't trying to actually protrude from your ears on purpose. I prefer something that is much much less conspicuous. But then again this is all based on preference anyway.

They are strange as fuck looking
However I also subscribe to the whole "hold a phone to my ear for calls and don't listen to music on my phone" group of people

Back