Microsoft Giving GPU Power A Boost

This version of a console known as an Xbox one is to me a sideways upgrade. I feel the 360 and One have the same feel to them. Were basically stuck with graphics that can't be developed in 1080p, have to use the upscaler chip to go from 720-1080p post process mind you.

Another thing. 4K is gonna be adopted sooner than 1080p was regardless of lack of 4K content. TV's are flooding the market now with great price points. Large 65" TV;s are already at the $5000 price point and 50" as low as $999. This system is hardly ready for that and no update can push the specs for a 4k tv. Sony can. Everyone can play the fanboy card for xbox all they want. MS dropped the ball and this will be the shortest lived Xbox ever. Unless they have a graphics card extender expansion. :p

This version of a console known as an Xbox one is to me a sideways upgrade. I feel the 360 and One have the same feel to them. Were basically stuck with graphics that can't be developed in 1080p, have to use the upscaler chip to go from 720-1080p post process mind you.

Another thing. 4K is gonna be adopted sooner than 1080p was regardless of lack of 4K content. TV's are flooding the market now with great price points. Large 65" TV;s are already at the $5000 price point and 50" as low as $999. This system is hardly ready for that and no update can push the specs for a 4k tv. Sony can. Everyone can play the fanboy card for xbox all they want. MS dropped the ball and this will be the shortest lived Xbox ever. Unless they have a graphics card extender expansion. :p

agree. however, if MS spend more money on content such as exclusive games and new IP. then it will do fine. I assume this since MS got more money than Sony and they spend less on hardware.

if Sony spend less money on content for some reason (lack of budget?), their better hardware would do no good.

I doubt 4k adoption rate would be faster than HD 1080P years back. going from big CRT TV to light, flat, less-energy-consumption has more incentive than going from 1080P to 4K.

most consumer can't even tell the diference between 1080P and 4K when they sit far from TV or just low quality streaming content.

Yeah, good luck with that prediction. :rolleyes: You do realize that even the PS4 will not be able to handle 4K res as well, right? Or are you a Sony fanboy? Now, my R9 290 will handle 4k without issue, how about you, do you have one of them or a 780 or 780ti?

Yeah, good luck with that prediction. :rolleyes: You do realize that even the PS4 will not be able to handle 4K res as well, right? Or are you a Sony fanboy? Now, my R9 290 will handle 4k without issue, how about you, do you have one of them or a 780 or 780ti?

More specifically, even a 7850, which you guys seem to compare your PS4 too, cannot handle 4K res gaming.

Hardly anyone can handle 4K res gaming because there is no reasonably priced (and sized) monitor that does it, at 60hz (let alone 120hz). Multi-monitor is neat and all, but its not BIG-ASS-DENSE-PIXELED-SINGLE-MONITOR-BEZEL-FREE-SEXINESS.

Seriously every time its take out Kinect take out the Wii U gamepad. You know what you get then? The PlayStation camera a truly useless unsupported POS. These systems don't even cost that much compared to any given PC part.

The kinect camera is estimated at $75 cost, and I have yet to see any AAA games that justify its use.

The WiiU gamepad, even for first party titles, is largely unused. The new DKCU title has no added features on the gamepad, not even a map or info screen.

So you can pay extra for a piece of hardware that isn't utilized or you can not, pay less even and get better performance for what matters.

Aside from voice commands, every other advertised feature of the xbone is already done by built-in features of whatever Cable/Sat/Fiber service you have, or better done on an off-screen device (such as a tablet).

As a Xbox One owner I have to say, you have seen games for the Xbox One out there? Where are they hiding lol

Dead Rising 3 and Ryse Son of Rome both make use of the Kinect.

Well, I upgraded my computer with an XFX R9 290 in November. Then I purchased an XBox one in the first week of January. I was not aware that I needed justification to do this.

Yup, you need justification and you also need permission from everyone on internet forms that you are making an ok purchase.

More specifically, even a 7850, which you guys seem to compare your PS4 too, cannot handle 4K res gaming.

I have a feeling the poster may be talking about 4k media content, not gaming. If that's true then they are wrong on many fronts. The Xbox One can handle 4k output just as well as the PS4 can when watching a movie (still hindered by the legendary HDMI 1.4 connector!). A majority of our HD content right now isn't even 1080p, a good portion of our media creators have little emphasis on moving past 720p as 1080p seems to be crazy expensive right and they think 4k is going to move fast?!?!

OTA is still 1080i, afaik.

For other content, we are merely lucky if it isn't compressed to hell.

I have a feeling the poster may be talking about 4k media content, not gaming. If that's true then they are wrong on many fronts. The Xbox One can handle 4k output just as well as the PS4 can when watching a movie (still hindered by the legendary HDMI 1.4 connector!). A majority of our HD content right now isn't even 1080p, a good portion of our media creators have little emphasis on moving past 720p as 1080p seems to be crazy expensive right and they think 4k is going to move fast?!?!

Just because Fox and ABC chose 720 does not mean that they shoot at that resolution. They both chose it because 720p is superior for sports due to it having a higher temporal resolution. People have been shooting with HD (or at least widescreen) in mind since the 90s and production houses have known about 4K and 8K for that matter years ago.

If anything is going to hold it back, it's going to bean efficient way to transport it. Neither natively support h.265 and it is possible for both systems will struggle with it in 4K. using H.264 seems unlikely because of file size.

Dead Rising 3 and Ryse Son of Rome both make use of the Kinect.

Yup, you need justification and you also need permission from everyone on internet forms that you are making an ok purchase.

What function does the kinect have in those games? What I'm reading is primarily voice commands (which could be done with a $5 headset and software implementation). Does it justify the $100 premium?

Ryse is a 6.0 metacritic (both critic and user score) QTE fest
and
Dead Rising 3 has frame rate issues, even post "fps patch fix", running at 720p and its a multiplatform title

Back