Microsoft Game Pass $1 first three months

Sherloc09

Limp Gawd
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass?&OCID=AID2000131_SEM_5kS3xjCE

First three months $1, after that $15 month after [Ultimate], or first month $1, after that $5 month [Standard]. Some good titles to play in first three months for a buck if you get in on it --

Highlights
  • Gears of War Remastered
  • Gears of War 4
  • Gears of War 5
  • Outer Worlds
  • Metro Exodus
  • Kingdom Come Deliverance
  • Middle Earth Shadow of War
  • Rage 2
  • Sea of Thieves

Last edited:
Well crap I guess if you've ever used Game Pass before then you can't use this promotion

Yeah mine came out to 2 months for some reason.... I have no memory of signing up before, but I did have Xbox Live at one point in my life (360)

I did download Rage 2 and Killer Instinct DE.... and wow that took a weekend. No problems on my side, 100mb fios...

edit - is Sea of Thieves worth anything or just a kids game?

How long does this last? I hate subscriptions, but for $1 it is tempting if I can play the 2-3 games from that list I may want to try. At the same time I don't want to support this practice but at this point it is pretty much inevitable.

At the same time I don't want to support this practice but at this point it is pretty much inevitable.
I hear you. They could offer it free for 3 months and I still won't bite. I absolutely loathe the idea of paying a subscription for games.

I hear you. They could offer it free for 3 months and I still won't bite. I absolutely loathe the idea of paying a subscription for games.

What about movies/shows (like Netflix)? I don't see them any differently. Experience the media once and move on typically. Makes more sense for single-player games (that you typically only play through once or twice) than multiplayer (where you revisit the game for a longer period of time) though.

To be fair, for the price (especially with the promotion) it's a really good deal. Lots of reasonably new games on there and I haven't had too many issues with the MS store.

For $1 you can just join and then turn off auto-renew immediately.

$5 a month is a very acceptable subscription price. There are about 120 games available.

Several are new $60 triple A titles.

Microsoft promises all new first party titles will be included on the service. That includes their new flight simulator. If you bought just one game a year at full price you've covered your annual subscription.

Thats the kind of subscription service I can get behind.

To be clear, though, $5/month is the introductory price, at some point it will go up to $10/month. The PC stuff is still sort of in "beta" right now, hence the lower price.

To be fair, for the price (especially with the promotion) it's a really good deal. Lots of reasonably new games on there and I haven't had too many issues with the MS store.

For $1 you can just join and then turn off auto-renew immediately.

How exactly can we find this option? I may try it for $1.

I picked it up for $1 a while ago and then made sure it didn't autorenew.
No money's been taken out of my account yet it didn't seem to deactivate after the month was over. It gave me a countdown of days left, that passed and.... I can still access everything.

I'm not gonna question it.

Rage 2 isn't available yet on Game Pass PC...still a great deal...I signed up a few months ago and got 3 months free...

Just so you guys know, it's not $1 for 3 months then $5 a month after. It's $1 for 3 months then $44.99 quarterly.
The $5 a month one is $1 for the first month only.

The $1 for 3 months is this one:
Includes Xbox Live Gold and unlimited access to over 100 high-quality console and PC games

Get 3 months for $1, then $44.99/quarterly

The other one that is $1 for the first month then $5.00 a month doesn't include xbox live gold or the discord/origin/spotify stuff.

that's how i got to play outer worlds.1 buck what kind of deal is that? that goes beyond most excellent.:smug:

Its OK if you treat it like a rental but personally I'd rather buy my games when they go on sale

Its OK if you treat it like a rental but personally I'd rather buy my games when they go on sale

I stand corrected...

when's the last time you looked at the games list? they recently updated it. Some solid stuff has been added, including Rage 2.
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games#

Game Pass is great for games you're on the fence about...for me Gears 5, Rage 2, Outer Worlds etc fall into that category...I played Prey for the first time on Game Pass and loved it so much I plan on picking it up during the next Steam sale

If you look at gamepass or similar services, like a rental, its really good. The price for a whole month, is way less than a game rental would be for a whole month. And you have access to a bunch of games, not just one.

Not owning doesn't really bother me. Most games, I complete once. For a single completion, a month of one of these services is way less than owning at retail. I miiiiight complete a second time, much later. I could then re-activate the service and play it again. Still doing better than buying it.

A lot of people talk about "I'm interested in X game, but I'll wait for a sale". This is it, this is the "sale". You can play Star Wars Fallen order right now, for $15. 1/4 the price to own it. A game you should easily complete within a month. And have access to a bunch of other games at the same time, which you might be interested in, if they were cheap.

Back