Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Anyone here use the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant?

I had some 3d prints done at my local library recently for my throttle:
fK3q2aP.jpg

GA throttle handles and some flap detents

gCOH6Ka.jpg

For American Amazon members: Amazon offers to some people a monthly installment payment option that is entirely different from their store credit option, There is no credit check for this that I know of, It is a fixed price for select Amazon shipped and sold by items, not every item they sell is under this plan, They offer this between 3,5 and 12 month options but you cannot choose which option to go for, I have used this to buy the expensive parts for my current computer such as the cpu and video card as well as a few other parts.

I bring this up because I have recently discovered a few flight simulator controllers on this payment plan option:
tn9uQfp.jpg

IMb3Ita.jpg

A5mhUD2.jpg

afVxsSX.jpg

FhH9S9s.jpg

eWFpOTd.jpg

If you see that "Or $XX.00/month for 3 months (no fees or interest)" Then you are eligible for this, There used to be a page to click a button to see if you would be eligible for the option but I cannot find it anymore. I think you need to be a Prime paying user and maintain Prime while paying the item off.

Keep in mind that if Amazon shipped and sold by sells out of these, the option is removed, they may or may not ever come back up for the item if Amazon gets more stock of the items.

For American Amazon members: Amazon offers to some people a monthly installment payment option that is entirely different from their store credit option
.ca does this too and yeah its for prime members. its how i bought my new tv. i think the only thing really required is to have a payment card saved in your account.

.ca does this too and yeah its for prime members. its how i bought my new tv. i think the only thing really required is to have a payment card saved in your account.
Its a nice program they offer, I cant easily get credit at most places due to never having any credit offering devices such as a card or loan, The amazon installment thing allows me to have some nice things I otherwise couldnt have right away unless I go the old fashioned way of saving, got my cpu, 2 video cards, some ssd's, 2 power supplies, a laptop a tv and a dslr along with a few other items this way. Im already looking at a new cpu thats offered this way.

Its a nice program they offer, I cant easily get credit at most places due to never having any credit offering devices such as a card or loan, The amazon installment thing allows me to have some nice things I otherwise couldnt have right away unless I go the old fashioned way of saving, got my cpu, 2 video cards, some ssd's, 2 power supplies, a laptop a tv and a dslr along with a few other items this way. Im already looking at a new cpu thats offered this way.
im currently looking at an atmos setup...
i was in the same boat until i recently got a cc to start building towards buyin my place. if i wasnt, i wouldnt have one.

Oh great we can pretend to play REAL secret aircraft. Makes me feel special. So very special in my imaginary life that has fallen so short. Thank God for games as I might realize reality is a sham. Good thing I am a Sci-Fi die-hard and suck back anything given to me :rolleyes:
:rolleyes:
Enjoy the game. Respect your stupidnes. Game on!

Oh great we can pretend to play REAL secret aircraft. Makes me feel special. So very special in my imaginary life that has fallen so short. Thank God for games as I might realize reality is a sham. Good thing I am a Sci-Fi die-hard and suck back anything given to me :rolleyes:
:rolleyes:
Enjoy the game. Respect your stupidnes. Game on!
What is this post about or intending lol?

Just bought a Honeycomb Alhpa yoke, it was supposed to arrive yesterday but the delivery guy never drove down my street before I got the attempted delivery notice..

edit:
Just arrived:
AfCNzcC.jpg

Attachments

• AY5bXKx.jpg
    AY5bXKx.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
40th Anniversary Edition coming November 11, featuring helicopters and gliders. It will also add the Airbus A-310 and legendary Hughes H-4 Hercules.

If I can just get the damn thing to finish updating... I get a few packages, then it hands forever on decompressing. If I let it sit for hours it will sometimes complete, but usually I give it 4 to 6 and then kill the sim / clear the rolling cache / remove the partial and start updating again.

If I can just get the damn thing to finish updating... I get a few packages, then it hands forever on decompressing. If I let it sit for hours it will sometimes complete, but usually I give it 4 to 6 and then kill the sim / clear the rolling cache / remove the partial and start updating again.
id bet its your antivirus scanning every little file coming out of the package. might try disabling it before updating.

multi-monitor support,
did it not have multi-mon before? seems odd for a flight sim....

Thought of that- it's just the Win10 built in, and it's disabled as I can get it.
Anything unnecessary running in the background when the decompression process is happening? What kind of drive is the game installed on? Any possible RAM issues?

Game on C (M.2), update folder on D (Sata SSD), no programs in the background other than Windows and Steam. It's a Gen2 Ryzen I built for a buddy that is only used for flight sims- it has X-plane, FSX, and MSF2020 on it, but the others are not running. The real annoyance is that it installed fine before and was no problem until the Top Gun update started this behavior.

Sim Update 10 now available

full release notes at the link below...

https://www.flightsimulator.com/release-notes-1-27-21-0-sim-update-x-now-available/

New Features:

*Please note that our new memory allocator for DX12 on PC will only be activated for Nvidia graphic card users once the next driver is available (will improve performance). Other graphic cards already benefit from the new allocator

-DirectX 12 support is currently in development and can show performance and GPU memory utilization regressions compared to DirectX 11. Due to higher GPU memory consumption, the simulator may be oversubscribing memory, which negatively impacts performance. Lowering graphics settings can help avoid this situation in DX12

-You can now add secondary windows on the left and right sides of your main window, to enlarge your field of view, especially when you use several monitors. This option can be triggered via the Experimental option menu in game

-Nvidia DLSS is now available as an anti-aliasing and upscaling option on PC

-We implemented a new cloud layer system that will provide more vertical precision at low altitudes to better reflect the various cloud altitudes and thickness close to the ground

-We fixed several systems related to the bush trip activities including save system improvements (cross platform/cloud save + autosave from last waypoint/poi), overall progression system improvements and making sure we refuel after each leg completion

-The VFR map has been updated to include a number of new quality-of-life features thanks to Working title, as well as add compatibility for the G1000 NXi external flight plan system

-The G1000 NXi is now the default G1000 in the simulator! This brings a number of features to the G1000, taking it close to the real NXi unit, including: VNAV, procedure turns, holds, arc legs, visual approaches, accurate autopilot/modes, full RNAV, and much, much more

Not seeing any real difference in performance using dlss, my system must be too pleb to get it :'(

So, would anyone be able to look in the 'official' update folder and see how many folders there are inside? I still have my issue, but if I kill the rolling cache and all in work files and restart I get a random number of completions before it hangs. Usually only a couple but a few times it's been in the 20s or 30s... And that was when it was hot as hell in the office, so it's not thermal throttling. :ROFLMAO: Just looked, I'm at 297 completed folders (aircraft, scenery), and got the F18, which has been hanging every time forever...

Last edited:
So, would anyone be able to look in the 'official' update folder and see how many folders there are inside? I still have my issue, but if I kill the rolling cache and all in work files and restart I get a random number of completions before it hangs. Usually only a couple but a few times it's been in the 20s or 30s... And that was when it was hot as hell in the office, so it's not thermal throttling. :ROFLMAO: Just looked, I'm at 297 completed folders (aircraft, scenery), and got the F18, which has been hanging every time forever...
What's the path?

It depends on where you bought it, but:

For the Windows Store install:​

C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Packages\ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official

For the Steam install:​

C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Packages\Official

I think...

In my main game folder for Packages\Official I only have 1 folder for Steam. But within that I have 589 folders for aircraft and liveries.

1664294071436.png

I have a few extra addons/planes so it may be different than yours.

I have the plane/landmark/airport folder away from the main game, or at least I hope it's the previously listed 589, not 7900! :ROFLMAO:

Eyyy! Whatever patch they just pushed (Won10 and Steam both wanted a restart) seems to have fixed whatever was going on with decompressing. 90 folders in 0~ish minutes, should be GTG soonest.

Lets say I can achieve a near steady 30fps in MSFS, I have a 60mhz monitor, would a proper gaming monitor have any effect for the better or should I just stick with what I have since its not broken?

Edit, Im on ultra settings with this near constant 30fps, monitor is in sig.

Last edited:
Back