Microsoft Exec on PS4 Pro: 4.2 Teraflops Is Not Enough to Do True 4K

lol, as soon as I started hearing about 4k consoles as part of this upgrade cycle or whatever MS/Sony are doing i immediately laughed. No way in fucking hell are these shit cans going to render real 4k content.

I think at the end of the day, people will be getting deciding which console depending on the exclusives, not which one have the best graphics. You can have 60 Teraflops and it won't do any good if your library of games are not desirable.

Even on PC, I don't play a game just because it has great graphics, if I don't enjoy such kind of games I'll just skip it.

I thought Sony's 4k marketing hype was bad, but Microsoft's is just downright silly here with this whole teraflop thumping.

I think at the end of the day, people will be getting deciding which console depending on the exclusives, not which one have the best graphics. You can have 60 Teraflops and it won't do any good if your library of games are not desirable.

Even on PC, I don't play a game just because it has great graphics, if I don't enjoy such kind of games I'll just skip it.

I thought Sony's 4k marketing hype was bad, but Microsoft's is just downright silly here with this whole teraflop thumping.

Agreed. As with what has been with all consoles, specs do not just decide. Exclusives, network, service, features, and just simple brand loyalty are worth more.

I myself game on my pc and xbone but am thinking of grabbing the ps4 pro this november. Havent owned a playstation since 2 so might be a little nostalgic, do wish they would get more of a legacy library. Kind of want a ps3 just for that reason. Dammit the xmas list is getting expensive, santa dont be cheap this year.

Sony: "Our new sticks produce a bigger fire in less time!"

Microsoft: "Sony's new sticks still aren't fast enough, our upcoming sticks will be way better"

PC Gamers: "Guys, we've been using lighters for years now."

The ds-lite could run it just fine. I don't accept that excuse at all.

No, the DS Lite couldn't run many SNES games just fine with 1:1 emulation. In fact, I doubt that even the New3DS is doing perfect 1:1 emulation of the SNES. If it was, I think we'd see a much more rapid release cycle for the virtual console games. I'm guess they have to do a lot of tweaks to their emulation layer for each game they release. The more processor power the easier this becomes.

At least one of those consoles needs to have sata III. Probably wont be M$ because you cant swap the drive anyways. It will be $ony because you can. lol
I'll just wait till both consoles have their best models out for $250.

Back