• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Microsoft Edge Annihilates Google Chrome In Benchmarks

I would gladly move away from Chrome, but I'm worried I'm too stuck in using YouTube as an uploader + gmail + occasionally "Drive" with several accounts and it's a bit less of a hazzle with Chrome.

However Chrome is such a memory hog especially, having too many tabs open (doesn't even require that many) especially when computer has been online for quite some days and it will freeze the Adobe AE video renderings and this is a royal PITA and happens on a regular basis for me! I've got 16GB ram too which is "decent" one would think but not for Chrome. ^^
 
It is funny to hear how some of you complain about every web browser known to man. Yes, they all have their shortcomings in one way or another, but web technologies are ever evolving, as a result web development tools / standards / plug in's / extensions are always improved upon and others made obsolete, new exploits / bugs are discovered daily as a result of the immense complexity involved to make it all work together. The amount of frustration vented towards these companies who spend billions combined over the years in R&D and countless man hours to develop, support, and refine their products just isn't enough to keep those living in their Mom's basement from whining. Internet technologies have always been a huge risk / reward ratio for the end user experience, so please try to enjoy what you can with keeping that in mind and understand your web browser should always be considered a beta version.
 
Funny to hear people go on about how IE is inferior due to lack of an adblock addon when IE has had Tracking Protection Lists since IE9, which if you load the TPL from the same people that maintain most adblocker lists (i.e. EasyList) then IE actually has (and has had since IE9) native adblocking with no addon needed.


That said Edge needs TPL's.
 
They dont' declare RTM anymore, just thresholds. 10240 + whatever patches they have on day 1 will be Threshold 1. And they already have planned a second major update in October, that will be Threshold 2. It's going to be similar to Office 365 in that there will be periodic updates every couple of months as they finish new things.

FWIW. The October update is supposed to add plugin support to Edge.

What idiots release an OS without plugin support for 3 months?

Only Microsoft. And they're such monumental idiots they plan it that way.
 
Zarathustra[H];1041741377 said:
I lived through the 90s and early 2000's. I know IE is supposedly better these days, but I just can't bring myself to use it under any circumstance.

For me it would be Chrome > Firefox > Opera > Safari > anything fuckig else in the world > IE.

I wouldn't fuck IE with yours, as the proverb goes.

The words "Microsoft" and "Internet Explorer", especially when in combination have been forever tarnished in my mind, and I doubt they will ever be able to recover.

I can semi-understand that feeling, but I think the problem with holding onto the past in a present that makes it apparent that the past no longer applies is sort odd because, in this case, there's like no monetary loss in trying and using IE or Edge or whatever else. I could understand being upset with a company if you purchased something from them and it turned out to be junk. Sure, then you're spending money and there's a good argument to not want to risk loss again. For a web browser that comes with the OS at no additional cost though...IDK, it just doesn't seem reasonable to hold onto an emotionally negative experience from 15 years ago.
 
I have no intention of switching from my mixture of Firefox and Chrome portable app folders, especially without addon support. But it's good for the competition.
 
Zarathustra[H];1041741377 said:
I lived through the 90s and early 2000's. I know IE is supposedly better these days, but I just can't bring myself to use it under any circumstance.

For me it would be Chrome > Firefox > Opera > Safari > anything fuckig else in the world > IE.
and you currently rate highest the browser that is most like the Internet Explorer of the 90s and early 2000s. Interesting.
 
What idiots release an OS without plugin support for 3 months?

Only Microsoft. And they're such monumental idiots they plan it that way.

It would be idiotic if IE wasn't still there. And it's likely the people who still love IE and don't use it because of business issues won't be upgrading before then anyways.
 
I want to use edge, but i'm far too deep in Google's ecosystem.
I can't get Google Play My Music to load at all, but the store works. So I have to load that page in IE. I don't reach for Chrome as much in the latest build of Windows 10 (10166). Microsoft needs to do something about the add in restriction. I need LastPass in Edge!
 
Back
Top