Microsoft Ditches 720P and Anti-Aliasing Requirements for XBOX360

sorry but thats bullshit. i have just come off playing it(gamertag = pinoy soldier) and there is no AA at all and it looks ugly! i hope MW2 doesnt look like that

Do you always enjoy being wrong? You've based your analysis on what, your expert eye? If I hadn't just told you, I bet you could have told us the native resolution too :rolleyes:

Do you still think the next gen PS4 and X720 will have weaker GPUs than a GTX 295 ? :rolleyes:

It's funny to look back and think about all the misinformation on the X360's hw. I remember when people actually thought there was "free" AA. I remember people arguing BD would never offer a real world advantage over DVD for gaming this generation.

Talk about getting wrong.

The X360 is beginning to show its age. The hw is simple, "PC like" to program, so the majority of its developers aren't coding on a low level. The auto scheduler on the unified GPU makes it easy to have graphics efficiency. There is probably a bit more left, consoles are never totally maxed out, but it won't get pushed as hard due to direct x environment. PS3 developers were thrown into the deep end. It takes programming skill, but the reason PS3 is continuing to improve by leaps and bounds with each successive software generation, is the Cell BE.

After Uncharted came out, Naughty Dog said their next engines could be calculating 3x the information. They recently characterized the upgrade from Uncharted engine to Uncharted 2 as if is running on a new console. Watching the HD Uncharted2 previews, I don't think that's an exaggeration.

MS has always allowed key titles to ignore the 720p requirement, but this official pronouncement seems like a green light for low budget development. I agree with the idea Natal will usher in a new wave of Wii type family games.

Do you still think the next gen PS4 and X720 will have weaker GPUs than a GTX 295 ? :rolleyes:

It's funny to look back and think about all the misinformation on the X360's hw. I remember when people actually thought there was "free" AA. I remember people arguing BD would never offer a real world advantage over DVD for gaming this generation.

Talk about getting wrong.

The X360 is beginning to show its age. The hw is simple, "PC like" to program, so the majority of its developers aren't coding on a low level. The auto scheduler on the unified GPU makes it easy to have graphics efficiency. There is probably a bit more left, consoles are never totally maxed out, but it won't get pushed as hard due to direct x environment. PS3 developers were thrown into the deep end. It takes programming skill, but the reason PS3 is continuing to improve by leaps and bounds with each successive software generation, is the Cell BE.

After Uncharted came out, Naughty Dog said their next engines could be calculating 3x the information. They recently characterized the upgrade from Uncharted engine to Uncharted 2 as if is running on a new console. Watching the HD Uncharted2 previews, I don't think that's an exaggeration.

MS has always allowed key titles to ignore the 720p requirement, but this official pronouncement seems like a green light for low budget development. I agree with the idea Natal will usher in a new wave of Wii type family games.

I suppose all the sub 720 games on the ps3 are just explained by lazy devs right?

You're nothing if not predictable, friend.

lol, dude.....

well where are exactly are the muiltiple GPUs on each console?

You guys are nuts if you think that they are going to spend a cent more than they have to when they design the next console...note I said 2 major components.

here is the board, note only 1 GPU present

http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english/NEWS_EN/20051129/111162/xbox360main_omote.jpg

PS3

again note only 1 GPU present

http://media.ps3scene.com/images/PS3-motherboard-PAL/PS3_motherboard_7.JPG

Do you always enjoy being wrong? You've based your analysis on what, your expert eye? If I hadn't just told you, I bet you could have told us the native resolution too :rolleyes:

And this is what it all ultimately comes down to. Unless you are pixel counting, so many people's argument is so much bullshit. "I KNOW it's not at the right resolution"

Ignorance is bliss. Yea...it is. Better than nitpicky whiny enlightenment.

Last edited:
Acceptance is the first step to recovery Netrat, we're here for you.

Do you enjoy being an annoying person? links dont mean a thing when the game looks like an asshole. maybe its the res thats poor and gives the impression that it doesnt have any AA because it still looks like there is no AA in it

Do you enjoy being an annoying person? links dont mean a thing when the game looks like an asshole. maybe its the res thats poor and gives the impression that it doesnt have any AA because it still looks like there is no AA in it

You tend to make shit up all the time on these forums, so it shouldn't be too surprising by now when someone corrects you. The fact is you're wrong, don't get mad at me that you said it.

Back