• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Microphone Volume Too Low

Klynt

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 17, 2005
Messages
85
I just bought a new headset from Logitech and despite my best efforts I can't seem to get the volume up high enough for people to hear me. This seems like a simple problem as if I take the head set off and talk directly into the mic it comes out as clear as I need it. I was wondering if there were some kind of utility/tool that would allow me to adjust the volume of my mic higher than what windows initially allows. My sound card and headset aren't the greatest but it's the not quality that is giving me the trouble, it's just the volume. Incidentally I'm using an onboard Soundblaster Live! 24 bit soundcard along with god I don't even know 15 dollar Logitech headset. Thanks for any help...

Sincerely,

I still can't hear you
 
There's a checkbox for +20db boost under "advanced" on the slider for the mic in my mixer. That might be sound-card specific, however
 
Yeah, I looked at a post that said to do that but there doesn't seem to be anything there for me =/
 
have you tried updating the drivers? Are you using the built in drivers included w/ XP?
 
Back
Top