Microphone for gaming

  • Thread starter Deleted whining member 223597
  • Start date
D

Deleted whining member 223597

Guest
The microphone on my Steelseries V2 (nonusb) just decided to take a dump. So I need a new microphone and I really don't wanna buy a whole headset(I have a G35 but I like to use my soundcard with my Siberia more since its better sound for most things).

So which microphone would be good for gaming with TS/Ventrilo? I have a soundcard so I guess I would prefer if it has a 3.5mm connector, but if USB is the only good option then that is fine.
 
AT2020 + Sampson shockmount? It will run straight about 100usd, but you didn't set a budget :p (this setup is what I use + a pop filter).

For reasonable, what about the Zalman Clip On mic?
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Microphone-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone/dp/B00029MTMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1308772990&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Zalman Microphone Zm-Mic1 High Sensitivity Headphone Microphone Retail: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21r2wfeABqL.@@AMEPARAM@@21r2wfeABqL[/ame]

A lot of people seem to like it.

EDIT: I dunno what [H] has done to Amazon links :eek:, but I was told clicking the image works better. As for the "a lot of people," I see it get recommended along with the AD700 on this forums for gaming purposes.
 
Ahh thanks that zalman looks good. Yeah I don't wanna spend a lot on this :)
 
Back
Top