Microcenter open box deals?

bowmanm3

n00b
Has anyone had any experience with open box items from Microcenter? My local store has a bunch Microcenter-branded 64GB SSD's with sandforce 1222 open box for 79.96 plus tax, and I was thinking about picking up a couple. However the open box thing worries me a little.

Maybe your MC is different but the open box and returned items at the Madison heights micro center suck.

Some of the items cost more than new because they've been setting there so long . Other items are only like $5-10 bellow the cost of new.

Last time i looked some 4890 water blocks caught my eye. Marked down to $75. Brand new ones where on clearance for $35 0.o.

Hey that's the Microcenter that I shop at too... I totally agree with you the the open box item at that MC sucks!

Maybe your MC is different but the open box and returned items at the Madison heights micro center suck.

Some of the items cost more than new because they've been setting there so long . Other items are only like $5-10 bellow the cost of new.

Last time i looked some 4890 water blocks caught my eye. Marked down to $75. Brand new ones where on clearance for $35 0.o.

Has anyone had any experience with open box items from Microcenter? My local store has a bunch Microcenter-branded 64GB SSD's with sandforce 1222 open box for 79.96 plus tax, and I was thinking about picking up a couple. However the open box thing worries me a little.

Whats the warranty that comes with the open box SSDs? Normally, the MC by me only has junk for sale open box, but that sounds like a pretty good deal. As long as they carry a warranty, I'd be pretty tempted to snatch a couple of them up. I also don't think it would hurt to ask if they can knock off another $10 if you buy the extended warranty.

the manufacturer's warranty is 3-year limited. According to the website I would get the remaining balance of that warranty. I guess I'll just have to go down there and ask about each one to get the longest possible warranty.

Well I just bought a Samsung HD204UI 2TB hard drive as an open box. I got it for $63.96 when the normal price was $80.

Running Smart it was only turned on 2 times and not even an hour on it. So someone must of read you had to do a firmware flash and couldn't do it.

I got an email last night and the Samsung's are now $69.99 at the regular price. Don't know if it's just for a few days or what, maybe they'll follow Newegg and do it that way.

-----------

Oh yeah can someone post the Micro Center Samsung in the Hot Deals section, I don't have 50 posts yet and don't want to go on tons of posts and just say thanks, or other stupid things :)

I got an email last night and the Samsung's are now $69.99 at the regular price. Don't know if it's just for a few days or what, maybe they'll follow Newegg and do it that way.

Sweet! Going to pick one of those up and use my $25 gift card.

I went there tonight. Didn't end up getting an SSD, but I did get an H50 for 54.99. Its weired because I found like 6 that were marked 54.99 and then saw an entire display of H50's marked at 74.99. Identical packaging and everything. I don't know if it was a glitch or what but I took advantage :D

Edit- it looks like Microcenter is selling refurbs for 54.99, but the one I got is brand new. mislabel perhaps?

I just bought a Corsair Obsidian 700d for $144 that was open box. It even came with a clear side window. There is one minor scratch on the side panel(covered with a sharpie lol). It also needed the 5.25" tool-less drive bay locks and a new usb cover panel. I emailed Corsair and theyre sending me brand new stuff! Way better than spending $200+ for this case!

Well back on topic.. as others have said most of the time their open box deals are complete shit. However, occasionally (usually on weekends) they'll be doing an additional 50% off all open box items. I've gotten some really cheap motherboards that way including one this past weekend. I've also gotten some extremely cheap hard drives, its just the luck of the draw.

All of their open box stuff comes with a 30 day return for refund, so if it doesn't work you're just out another trip back to the store. They also should be covered by any remaining warranty as mentioned. So yah, their normal open box stuff is shit and usually beat to hell, but I've come out really good a few times too.

F the Wings

Go Pens. I drive to the Cleveland MC, is the Detroit Metro one like in the heart of da D?

That's not very nice of you to say "F the Wings"... tsk tsk!

And no, the Microcenter is in the suburbs in a city called Madison Heights. It is approximately 8 miles away from the border of Detroit (from I-75 & 8-mile road).

Back