MicroATX PSU?

1c3d0g

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 7, 2004
Messages
2,266
The case is standard ATX, but it has a MicroATX PSU, specs which are a little too low for my liking (300Watt):
http://www.alienware.com/Configurat...Page.aspx?CatId=1000&ItemId=12161&ItemIdList=

And a shot of the back of the case:
http://www.alienware.com/product_de....aspx?SysCode=PC-DHS5&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT#sub

My question is: which is the best Micro-ATX PSU that will fit in this case (cost is not an issue)? I'm going to put at least a 6800 Ultra in it, probably a G70 more likely, so that will probably blow it up. Most of you recommend Fortron, but the highest one is only 180Watt... and the fan on top bothers me, because I don't think it's going to fit inside the case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104981

There's another PSU with much higher rating (450Watt), but it's made by "Athena"? Is that a reliable brand?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104124
 
i got a question of a micro atx psu,wats the highest power supply can u get for one of these.
 
http://www.pcalchemy.com/product_in...supply-apmp4atx45-retail/cName/power-supplies

Alienware uses a modified Ahanix D.Vine 5 case and that PSU is know to fit in it, I think the Enermax will fit too but I believe I remember hearing some issues with "shoehorning" it.

Yeah it's a good PSU, good enough so that its used in a few HTPCs but I wouldn't dream of using a G70 with it (or any other PSU that is believe 5x0 watts). A 6800GT would probably be best for a case like this.
 
Hmmm... O.K. So I guess that shatters my dream of high-performance gaming on HTPC's. I think I'll buy a regular PC when Longhorn is out and mod it to get HDTV working... if Longhorn ever comes out that is... :(
 
Back
Top