Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Just wondering but does this mean locations will be restocking the 920 or is that $199 price only going to last as long as a stores current stock?
Two MicroCenters nearby, and neither have the i5-750 in stock. They have the RAM, they have the mobos, but CPUs are a nit.
i guess the cincinnati store had some of the best stockit should be at all of em soon hopefully they are shipping ups daily
Just picked up an i5-750 from the DC area Microcenter priced at $180, along with the GBP55-UD3R for $150.
wel shoot you might know me I had long hair but now its short next time you come in ask for me my name is Dan MoodyShit man, you are @ the Cincinnati store eh.![]()
I was up there yesterday, you guys had a ton of stock. If I weren't so satisfied with my i7 I might have taken the dive.
I probably spend enough up there on any given weekend to pay for your salary.![]()
lol
Which DC-area MC? They have two (Fairfax/Vienna, VA and Rockville, MD). Neither is showing the processors in stock via the Web store.
The Fairfax location is in the Pan Am Shopping Center (Lee Highway @ Nutley Street, next to Michael's) and the Rockville, MD location is in the Federal Plaza Shopping Center (enter from either E. Jefferson Street or Rockville Pike), next to Dollar Tree.
I usually shop at Rockville (cheaper to get to) though Fairfax is closer.
I just got back from the Detroit area Microcenter (a 5 hour 30 minute round trip including the border crossing)..
what, I'm surprised I didn't get an email this week about Saturday availability for i5. maybe I turned off the newsletters/weekely ads without realizing it. though I swear I got one the other day. will swing by the rockville one in a few hours but I might wait for some more comparisons of mobos and 750 vs i7s. I'm so glad the CompUSA left that location and MC showed up.
thanks for headsup.
The Fairfax on Nutley street. I was just back in there again today and they had at least 3-4 on in the case back there where all the MB / cases / Components are. They had several up front as you walk in as well, where they have a rig set up playing COD4 on it with a GTX275.
Just checked Rockville, thanks to an e-post I got on their latest sale; Rockville and Fairfax have both loaded up (they also lowered Q9550 prices to compensate; otherwise, they'd be forced to eat 755 stocks). As it is, the i7 860 is going to be a REAL tough sell, as it's priced enough above the i7-920 that the older CPU (which still supports HT) makes much more sense. As it is, if youu haven't gone LGA755 yet, *don't*; LGA1156 (or even LGA1366) is a safer bet.
MICROCENTER can be a mini NEWEGG, if they start offering deals online instead of Instore only.
![]()
we would go underwe want the people to come in and talk to salesmen and buy everything not pick the cheapest cpu here ram their if we just sell a 920 and nothing else we loose $80 so online would kill us
its a dog eat dog world on the net
we would go underwe want the people to come in and talk to salesmen and buy everything not pick the cheapest cpu here ram their if we just sell a 920 and nothing else we loose $80 so online would kill us
its a dog eat dog world on the net
What I don't understand is why doesn't MC do a bundle thing to prevent just buying a CPU there? Give the discount only if purchased with a motherboard, which is what the egg does often. Why isn't it set up that way?we would go underwe want the people to come in and talk to salesmen and buy everything not pick the cheapest cpu here ram their if we just sell a 920 and nothing else we loose $80 so online would kill us
its a dog eat dog world on the net
What I don't understand is why doesn't MC do a bundle thing to prevent just buying a CPU there? Give the discount only if purchased with a motherboard, which is what the egg does often. Why isn't it set up that way?
I'm not gonna lie, I might end up getting a CPU at MC but other parts at the egg. Not just because of price but because of the larger selection (and tax free).
As I said in another thread, I was going to only get the i7 920, but did some price checking and ended up getting the M/B, PSU, case, and the i7. I drove a considerable distance but I saved the shipping and the other things I got were equal to or better than the Egg. There were a few things I got from the Egg, but not many.
Is there a hardware mounting kit where you can take a s1283 xig and mount it on a socket 1156? I figure the only thing that should change is the mounting kit.
Supposedly they're going to release a kit, but it's not out yet. I bought the Coolermaster Hyper 212 from Amazon. It's one of the few 1156 heatsinks available now.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1450289
danmoody, any idea when the MSI P55 CD-53 will be back in stock? I ordered it online Tuesday and it's back ordered, but I already have my i5 750 in hand
Thanks.