micro atx psu

I need a matx ps for my htpc. the pc is running an athlon xII 250, 785g mb, 4gb ram, one 7200rpm hdd and a blu-ray drive. i have no plans for to add any high end gpu or overclock anything. what i need is a silent psu. so what would you chose?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ption=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

First of all, which exact make and model mATX case are you using? (I'm asking this because many such cases are actually designed to accommodate standard ATX PSUs.)

Second, if your particular case is restricted to use only mATX form factor PSUs, the only ones in that list that I can recommend are the FSP units. All of the other brands on that list are shitty.
 
i got it for like $25 with free shipping. other then the psu being loud (for a htpc) it isnt bad. but yes it will only fit a matx psu.
Yeah it looks like it's SFX, not mATX. Though to be sure: take out your PSU and measure its dimensions.
 
i will take it out when i get home. what makes you think it is sfx? their web site says it is matx.
 
I'm pretty sure there's no mATX specification for power supplies
 
Back
Top