Micro-atx p67 of choice?

Ruiner

2[H]4U
Looking for something to replace old faithful (p5e-vm hdmi) for moderate overclocking at a decent price.

Asus has a couple in their P8P67-M series. P8P67-M and P8P67-M PRO I've been considering the Pro for the time being, but I'm also looking forward to reading more about Gigabyte's offerings once sunday rolls around.

Waiting for Asus P67 Gene board to replace my M3G.

Hopefully won't have to wait too long otherwise I'll be stuck with with my P55 +i7-860.

Need Black + Red to match rig's color theme. :p

Was gonna stand pat but I scored the last 2600k at microcenter in paterson so I ordered the Asus P8P67 M Pro board.

I will let everyone here know how it goes.

;)

Will you be porting the rest of your hardware from your sig over to this build or do you have something else in mind?

Differences between the Asus P8P67-M Pro and non Pro?

Crossfire/SLI
Better onboard sound
Slightly more heatsinks

Anything else? Wondering if its worth waiting for and paying the extra if I won't SLI/Crossfire. Considering going SFF for the first time, and seems to be the only choice. Though not necessarily bad, since I was thinking Asus for UEFI.

What would the Asus P67 Gene board have in comparison?

One thing is I'm a bit on the fence about getting anything other then a very low end board at the moment. Since I might even want to switch to Z68.

Anyone else know if upcoming mATX P67 boards? I've seen a picture of an EVGA one. I looked at MSI and Gigabyte before I gave up.

Waiting for Asus P67 Gene board to replace my M3G.

Hopefully won't have to wait too long otherwise I'll be stuck with with my P55 +i7-860.

Need Black + Red to match rig's color theme. :p

You are not due an upgrade anytime soon. You already have a solid rig atm. Stop spending too much money on computers. However, an upgrade to LGA2011 may be understandable.

Are there any P67 mATX boards that have just a PS/2 keyboard port and no PS/2 mouse port?

Will you be porting the rest of your hardware from your sig over to this build or do you have something else in mind?

Actually, I am moving to an HD6950 hopefully flashed to an HD6970

and I am adding 1 more 4GB stick of Ripjaw DDR3. For $55 I figured why not.

Hoping to use the same Zalman cooler, I bought the 1156 bracket adapter for it.

Are there any P67 mATX boards that have just a PS/2 keyboard port and no PS/2 mouse port?

well, there are only 3 P67 matx boards out on the market

Intel BOXDP67DE
Asus P8P67-M
Asus P8P67-M PRO

the asus ones have PS/2 keyboard and mouse

still wondering whether to wait for more matx boards, or get the intel one

All my parts are here.

Although I pay tax its great having the newegg warehouse 30 minutes from my house. :p

Hey so I actually pulled the trigger on the P8H67-M EVO.

Amidoinitrite?

(This is to go for a new build, matching it with a Radeon 6850 and I5-2500K, MC had awesome deals on it.)

Hey so I actually pulled the trigger on the P8H67-M EVO.

Amidoinitrite?

(This is to go for a new build, matching it with a Radeon 6850 and I5-2500K, MC had awesome deals on it.)
That looks like a great board. Unfortunately like all H67 chipsets there are no overclocking options.

WHAT? Noooo!!! You can't adjust the Multi?

I may have not done it right! :mad:
I figured all the boards had multi's and voltage if you just bought the K CPU.

WHAT? Noooo!!! You can't adjust the Multi?

I may have not done it right! :mad:
I figured all the boards had multi's and voltage if you just bought the K CPU.
No multiplier adjustment at all. So all you get with the k processor on a h67 is the better video.
If you want to overclock, you need a P67 chipset at the moment.

Crap.... Welp... if that is the case, this thing is going back like... tomorrow lol. Need to find a board then. That is the suck. All the features it talked about looked like it would have some multi settings but argh...

Thanks for the heads up! I haven't even taken it out of the bag since I am waiting on the case to come in.

Take a look at the P8P67-M Pro. Should be what you're looking for if you can find it in stock.

P8P67-M Pro is absolutely on the short... Really atm SHORT list (lol).

You know, the PCI-E slots also line up with the A04 that's on the way from newegg as well if I wanted Xfire. Ugh there totally not in stock at newegg, and I don't think they have them at MC (at least I couldn't find them).

It was actually the board I wanted from MC but since they didn't have it, I was going with what they had and didn't realize no multi adjust on the H67.

Luckily, my case isn't going to be here until next week so I got time to take it back, I will probably just keep the CPU (I5-2500K = $179 o_O) and just try to get a board online

P67 unlocked for overclocking, no onboard graphics
H67 onboard graphics, essentially locked for overclocking

I picked up a 2600 (non K) from MicroCenter and I'm also waiting for the Gene to come out.

This is the only mb that claims dual x16 slots (dual x8 instead of 1x16 + 1x14 would have been fine too):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130547
http://us.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&prod_no=2076

It looks Genish too, except for the lack of 8 pin aux power (and being H67). I wish I could gain confidence in MSI boards, although my 890GXM-G65 hasn't blown up since being RMA'd.

I picked up a 2600 (non K) from MicroCenter and I'm also waiting for the Gene to come out.

This is the only mb that claims dual x16 slots (dual x8 instead of 1x16 + 1x14 would have been fine too):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130547
http://us.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&prod_no=2076

It looks Genish too, except for the lack of 8 pin aux power (and being H67). I wish I could gain confidence in MSI boards, although my 890GXM-G65 hasn't blown up since being RMA'd.

MSI X58M was a pretty good board though it was spartan looking.

Hopefully tonight I can build my rig and have something to report to you all.

I can't say I'd ever be interested in x-fire/sli but if Revo drives or their ilk sort out, I'd use an extra slot for that.

The only Asus p67 micro review on newegg is less than stellar. Still no reviews on the intel board.

I'd take that any Day of the week PClark!

Edit - Spoke too soon...

Last edited:
Its an Intel... So what ya see is what ya get.. a rock solid board with very limited if any overclocking features typically.

Eh? Intel's P67 boards can be overclocked just fine. I'll let you know what my DP67DE does with my 2500K when it arrives. SB overclocking looks to be more limited by the CPU than the board anyway, since RAM is now disassociated from CPU overclocking.

Eh? Intel's P67 boards can be overclocked just fine. I'll let you know what my DP67DE does with my 2500K when it arrives. SB overclocking looks to be more limited by the CPU than the board anyway, since RAM is now disassociated from CPU overclocking.

Please do. Still no reviews on that board anywhere. The mobo section of the forum here is chock full of Asus p67 issues. I'd give up some overclocking headroom for those headaches.....random crashes, boot/sleep/standby problems etc.

The 2500k I got at the MC sale is gathering dust, and now so is the Corsair XMS I got at the last NE sale.

A lot of people were having success in fixing those issues with the latest bios and corrections mentioned in their guides in the mobo forum and Asus' reps have been more than helpful in trying to get people's boards going solid, even for those searching for high overclocks.

Back