Micro ATX case suggestions wanted

waderunner

[H]ard|Gawd
Last edited:

johnrea77

Weaksauce
I bought Fractal Define Mini "non C" years ago and it was noted back then, in 2017, that they were discontinued. I have one of each, my gaming system is a C, our house system is a non-C. (sorry, it is not for sale at this time).

vxspiritxv

[H]ard|Gawd
Saw this one, didn't like that it was upside down, not sure if it would affect videocard aio.

I don't think they make that Fractal case any longer. Something like this is similar, in terms of interals. But it does have TG, and likely inferior build quality. https://www.amazon.com/DEEPCOOL-MAT...1?keywords=matx+case+30&qid=1578093205&sr=8-1
120 fan way too close to io & edge of case, aio rads go a bit beyond the screw holes. So this one is out.

I think large fender washers will solve any flex due to top being mesh. I'm really liking this case, Thanks!

Jandor

Gawd
I actually own those two micro-ATX compact cases from Silverstone SUGO
SG10 :
It's a standard vertical case but, very compact and a bit of a headache to mount, has on the side 2 places for 9cm fans+ one 12cm fan for the graphics card, and one place for 8cm place for a fan on the opposite site but front, has a 12cm fan on the back, and a huge 18cm on top. All the fans and the fan spaces have dust filters. The PSU (I put a RMX 850 without a problem could go bigger) is on the top front and pulls the air from the front of the case through another filter. There is a huge space left for the GPU cooler (you should be able to put a Threadripper 2x + cooler on a Asrock X399M with 2 RTX 6000 + Nvlink in that case). You can put a slim slot-in BDR/DVDR drive on top (I put a standard slim BDR but I had to fabricate a little replacement panel with wood). There is place for 2 SSD/HD 2.5 and 2 HD 3.5 on the side (on the back of the motherboard).
There is one other and cheaper box of the same kind at Silverstone (SG9)
SG11 :
A less taller case, much cheaper, but a bit larger because the motherboard is horizontal. The PSU tops the CPU so you need a SFX with adapter (the case is made for standard PSU but then you are very limited on the CPU cooler height.
There is a 12cm fan front side, and 2 places for 8cm fans on top, but only one fits if your GPU is tall.
there is a full 5.25 space for a standard DVDR/BDR on the front. There are no dust filers and you have to buy your own. There are 2 slots for HD 3.5 or 3 2.5 (SSD or HD) + several 2.5 SSD slots if your graphics is not too big.
There are many other PC boxes at Silverstone of the same kind.

I also own a more compact slim vertical micro-ATX case but too small it's a real pain to assemble and it is limited to Low profile GPU.

janas19

[H]ard|Gawd
Requirements:
120mm or 140mm fan at rear above IO area
1 x 5.25 bay
A top that's not flimsy; Ether has a handle or I can mod one onto it.

I'm thinking the Fractal Define Mini (non C), but I can't seem to find one for sale.
https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/define/define-mini/black/

Fractal Design Define Mini is still for sale and in stock at Newegg. The Meshify C is the new version, and sells at the same price.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#m=106&t=7,6&X=6776,11817

Snowdog

[H]F Junkie

janas19

[H]ard|Gawd
No and No.

The Mini (without C) is no longer for sale. The Meshify C in not the new version, Meshify is a seperate line.

The Mini C is the new version, but it lost the door, and the optical bay.

You're right. The "C" is significant, but I thought it was the same case with or without. My mistake.

The Define Mini C is for sale ($75), as well as the new Meshify line.

crazycuz20

Limp Gawd
Last edited:

Jandor

Gawd
It's ITX, not mATX.
The 2 cases I wrote from Silverstone are fully micro-ATX and only micro-ATX and are very good. I'm actually using them. Not very expensive and I wrote about their limitations and advantages.