Mic on headset giving baaad feedback.. help?

Jadestar

Weaksauce
So I recently bought a Logitech stereo headset. The headphones work fine, but when I'm trying to record with the mic, I'm getting really bad feedback. It's like a ticking sound in the background. I've tried messing with every single setting I can think of in the Windows control panel, and in the control panel for my soundcard. My souncard is a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. I updated my soundcard drivers to the most recent, and that didn't fix the problem-- in fact it screwed with my regular audio a little, so I'm going to have to roll those back.

This is made more frustrating by the fact that when my game is maximized and I'm trying to speak on Ventrillo, the ticking sound is turned into more of a very annoying rattlesnake -- it gets much worse.

I can't figure out if it's just something I'm not figuring out, or if my soundcard is fubar'd, or maybe I got a defective mic? I don't have another one to try out, so.. any help that you guys can think of or offer would really be appreciated.

Thanks.

Have you tried muting the mic in control panel to stop your voice from coming out the speakers and giving you feedback?

Back