• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mic on headset giving baaad feedback.. help?

Jadestar

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 6, 2002
Messages
124
So I recently bought a Logitech stereo headset. The headphones work fine, but when I'm trying to record with the mic, I'm getting really bad feedback. It's like a ticking sound in the background. I've tried messing with every single setting I can think of in the Windows control panel, and in the control panel for my soundcard. My souncard is a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. I updated my soundcard drivers to the most recent, and that didn't fix the problem-- in fact it screwed with my regular audio a little, so I'm going to have to roll those back.

This is made more frustrating by the fact that when my game is maximized and I'm trying to speak on Ventrillo, the ticking sound is turned into more of a very annoying rattlesnake -- it gets much worse.

I can't figure out if it's just something I'm not figuring out, or if my soundcard is fubar'd, or maybe I got a defective mic? I don't have another one to try out, so.. any help that you guys can think of or offer would really be appreciated.

Thanks.
 
Have you tried muting the mic in control panel to stop your voice from coming out the speakers and giving you feedback?
 
Back
Top