• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Metroid Ravenous

Well Dred was pretty successful and this looks like it will be too. There were proabaly pretty far along with this when Prime 4 came out. Be dumb to scrap it.
 
I'm in. Didnt do dread (own it and son beat it) - but i did Samus Returns remake and it was pretty nice.
 
Prime is a completely different genre from Dread and all the other side scrolling Metroids. So I would hope its sales wouldn't affect this series of games.

Dread was a very pleasant surprise for me and made me remember why this genre is still great since I don't play many games like it anymore. So I'm very much looking forward to this one. 😎
 
Surprised they didn't put the IP back on ice after the poor performance of Prime 4

I dunno about everyone else, but I'd down for 2D metroid all day, and liked Metroid Prime Pinball, but 3D metroid is not for me. Not sure I'll get a switch 2 for this though.
 
Well congrats Nintendo. This 6th mainline Metroid game is the first game to make me want a Switch 2. I don't buy systems for just one game though.

MercurySteam did a good job with the Samus Returns remake of Metroid II: Return of Samus, and with Dread, so Ravenous should turn out good too (I hope).

Well at least this time we only had to wait about 6 years for a new mainline Metroid game. Honestly wasn't expecting one so soon. That horrible torturous gap between Zero Mission and Dread was a VERY long time indeed (and even longer if you're counting from Fusion).

Haven't played Prime 4 yet. I hooked my brother up with it for his berfday, and while he liked it, he said it was still towards the bottom of the Prime series. I think he likes Prime 2 the most and I like Prime 1 the most. Prime 3 was disappointing to both of us. I dunno if he thought Prime 4 was better or worse than 3, but either way it's probably not better than 1 or 2. I'll take my sweet time getting around to it. The Prime games are okay but I'm mainly a Metroid fan for the mainline games.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top