Metro: Last Light E3 Gameplay Demo

Definitely getting this, hopefully it coincides with a video card upgrade.

Does anyone have any details on what kind of engine improvements has been made since 2033?

Supposedly they fixed the weapon balancing and physics, the also fixed the lighting and stealth part of the engine so that you know when your in stealth and when not, also they fixed the damage detection when you shoot enemies and mutants. Basically the 3 major gripes I had with the first game which I liked overall.

Those 3 things made it from a A grade game to a B grade game IMO but a worthy play nonetheless.

Thanks Exodia. Lighting and physics improvements sounds good to me. Damage detection must be solid. From the video its hard to spot differences between Last Light and 2033 though. The big light used in the mini gun sequence looks good.

This is one that I will pick up.
prob will have to get another damn video card to run it.lol

Metro 2033 is like the only game in recent years I've felt I need to upgrade my machine for. Not that I have, because I'm poor, but still...says something about the technical aspect. :cool:

I can't wait to play this game. Unfortunately I won't be buying it until it's in the 10-20 range because I'm cheap when it comes to games.

Sweet, on my list. (Will wait until after reviews come out).

Damn, that trailer was bad ass.
I love Metro 2033...I mean I fucking love it, but on the ranger hardcore difficulty, if you get detected, you're pretty much fucked. So, I hope Last Light allows usage of more "loud" weapons, without it being your death sentence for the rest of the level :)

I was hoping they would get out of those dark tunnels and open the game up more. The first one was just too linear. It was like STALKER on rails,without the open world or a decent save system.

Was this demo done on a console? The graphics dont look as impressive as the first Metro 2033. Or did they not update the graphics engine (I thought they did)?

Back