Metallica To Perform At BlizzCon 2014

HardOCP News

[H] News
Blizzard Entertainment announced today that Metallica will be performing at BlizzCon 2014. :cool:

We’re thrilled to announce that Metallica will be performing the closing concert at BlizzCon 2014, playing before a sold-out convention crowd on the night of November 8! If you didn’t score tickets to the show, don’t worry—you can still get a front-row seat from home with the BlizzCon Virtual Ticket.

Only if they promise to play music from their first three albums exclusively. Otherwise, total bullshit.

Only if they promise to play music from their first three albums exclusively. Otherwise, total bullshit.

Black Album was great imo. I could also see them playing greatest hits for a show like Blizzcon.

They do put on a wicked show, from what I remember :p

not a fan of death magnetic? it's the closest they have come to their original sound since the black album

Those egotistical sellouts? I wouldn't want to go to that even if I did get to go to Blizzcon. I'd rather see L90ETC, or are they L100ETC now?

They need their golden toilets. Fuck Metallica. I miss Napster...

Amazes the shit out of me that they actually have coverage of this on PPV. I mean won't every online gaming mag basically be showing off their BlizzCon coverage for essentially free?

It's better than Blink 182 - they were TERRIBLE last year. IMO the Foo Fighters were the best they've ever had. That was a good show. (Yes I'm spoiled living in S. CA - I get to do these things all the time)

Seems he didn't like "...And Justice For All" either.
bucket is a Cliff Burton fan, not a Metallica fan. ;)
:D

Admittedly And Justice for All isn't that bad, but you could definitely tell where their music was heading and it was confirmed with the Black Album.

It wasn't a bad album but it signaled the end of their non-commercialized status. I lost total interest in them after listening to the Load CD. Fucking sellouts.

I thought it sounded like an album that spent five years in production.

I like messy music though, studio pop like U2 and other over-produced stuff just doesn't turn my crank all that much.

I wonder if Metallica are using walkers to take the stage yet...

:D

Admittedly And Justice for All isn't that bad, but you could definitely tell where their music was heading and it was confirmed with the Black Album.

AJFA is the pinnacle of metal. :mad:

Bob Rock was brought on after that and that's when things started going downhill...

Pretty bad ass. Metallica has a new album coming out in 2015. Maybe they will play a new song there.

They need their golden toilets. Fuck Metallica. I miss Napster...

Came here to post this.

They're the main reason for the RIAA and other bullshit companies like them.

So artists don't deserve just money for their work? This board is out of hand with the support of piracy

Suing people for millions of dollars. Prove to me that the people who downloaded those songs would have otherwise bought them instead. A pirated song does not equal a lost sale. Period.

Why don't they just get the composers for WarCraft, StarCraft, and Diablo to play some of their music live. It might even be relevant.

Suing people for millions of dollars. Prove to me that the people who downloaded those songs would have otherwise bought them instead. A pirated song does not equal a lost sale. Period.

That doesn't justify it. And I'm sick of the argument. It you want it enough to download it you should want it enough to buy it. If you don't don't fuckin buy it or squire by illegal means

That doesn't justify it. And I'm sick of the argument. It you want it enough to download it you should want it enough to buy it. If you don't don't fuckin buy it or squire by illegal means

Well your argument doesn't justify that they're losing money.

Guess we better go get all those people who recorded songs off the radio onto a cassette tape back in the early 90s. Go get 'em!

It wasn't a bad album but it signaled the end of their non-commercialized status. I lost total interest in them after listening to the Load CD. Fucking sellouts.

It's hard to be young and angry when you're middle age and filthy rich.

That said I think the black album was their best ever, and one of the over all best albums of all time.

Black album one of the best? Disagree. Master of puppets and ride the lightning thank you very much. :)

Fact it guys. Playing at Blizzcon? Isn't this the modern equivalent of a once popular band now being seen playing at the county fair?

Black album one of the best? Disagree. Master of puppets and ride the lightning thank you very much. :)

To early Metallica fans, no doubt.
I have to say though, that, to me, '... and Justice for all" is my favorite (with the exception of 'dyers eve'). BUT, there are a few songs on their later albums, that I like.
Metallica changed over the course of their albums, especially after '... and Justice for all", and while I - or the fans - cannot dictate what kind of style they should adopt, the fans definitely have the right not to follow where they decided to venture, musically speaking.

Load and Reload were their best albums. Best song Mama Said...

GO AHEAD AND CRUCIFY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..... /runs away

Load and Reload were their best albums. Best song Mama Said...

GO AHEAD AND CRUCIFY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..... /runs away

I agree, especially Load. That album was damn good. Right up there with their best work. It was a really creative album. Outlaw Torn, Until it Sleeps, Hero of the Day and Fixxer are awesome.

Metallica in it's current form is more of a product than a band. They changed with the times to be financially viable, like a lot of bands do. But there are also bands that put out music they themselves enjoy and don't give a shit about how much money they aren't making or how irrelevant they are to the kiddies. Some people make music for music's sake, with the consideration of financial compensation not even on the radar for them. Metallica is obviously in it for the long haul.

I see live music every week in shitty dive bars and other sketchy venues. Bands that are stoked to get gas money and free beer. Bands that sell their own merchandise when the other bands are playing. Real fucking bands with real people that will start up a conversation with you because they dig your shirt. They tour because they love what they are doing, not to make money. These guys get my money and attention.

Metallica in it's current form is more of a product than a band. They changed with the times to be financially viable, like a lot of bands do. But there are also bands that put out music they themselves enjoy and don't give a shit about how much money they aren't making or how irrelevant they are to the kiddies. Some people make music for music's sake, with the consideration of financial compensation not even on the radar for them. Metallica is obviously in it for the long haul.

I see live music every week in shitty dive bars and other sketchy venues. Bands that are stoked to get gas money and free beer. Bands that sell their own merchandise when the other bands are playing. Real fucking bands with real people that will start up a conversation with you because they dig your shirt. They tour because they love what they are doing, not to make money. These guys get my money and attention.

so your saying you listen to shitty bands who could never land a label and arent worth a dime? ok

Meh I don't care what people say I loved all their albums. In all seriousness songs like King Nothing and Devils Dance still rocked as hard as Ride the Lightning or Creeping Death or For Whom the Bell Tolls. Nothing wrong at all with Death Magnetic...Suicide and Redemption is a damn epic instrumental.

Haters gonna hate just cause they evolved themselves.

Metallica give away more money every few days(when they are touring) than most of you make in a month. They also donate their time and more. The Napster argument is lame and they were just trying to protect their property just like anyone else. They didn't sue for the money, they are filthy rich.

Not only are they the best selling band of our era, they still sellout practically every show. As much as you may hate this, they will be the biggest metal band of all time. They still put on a show that is levels above most other bands.

If the new song, "Lords of Summer" is any indication of the new album, it should be a great one.

Yep, I'm a huge Metallica fan. My favorite band.

In a few weeks I will be seeing Slayer, Suicidal and Exodus! Can't wait! I'm also looking forward to Machine Head's new album and Black Sabbath's new album.

Maybe they can tell all those LAN kids not to pirate music, no sharing the BYOC area either.

Back