{EB}NuTSymPToM{EB}
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Aug 1, 2003
- Messages
- 1,037
Hi All,
I'm currently using 2gb (2x1gb) of Corsair Dominator 1066 pc8500
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145043
I've been wanting to upgrade to 4gb for a while since I anticipate going 64-bit with Windows 7.
I just ordered 4gb (2x2gb) of Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 pc2 6400
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145241
Will this upgrade be worthwhile to go from 2gb of 1066 memory to 4gb of 800 memory or would I be better off paying more for 2x2gb of 1066 memory? With the rebate I'm only going to pay $35 for the upgrade so it seems worth it but I figured I'd ask the experts while I can still cancel it.
Edit: I should note that memory channel A in my P5N32 is dead so I run both sticks in channel B and lose out on dual channel. Single stick options cost more than dual so I opted to go with the 2x2gb.
I'm currently using 2gb (2x1gb) of Corsair Dominator 1066 pc8500
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145043
I've been wanting to upgrade to 4gb for a while since I anticipate going 64-bit with Windows 7.
I just ordered 4gb (2x2gb) of Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 pc2 6400
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145241
Will this upgrade be worthwhile to go from 2gb of 1066 memory to 4gb of 800 memory or would I be better off paying more for 2x2gb of 1066 memory? With the rebate I'm only going to pay $35 for the upgrade so it seems worth it but I figured I'd ask the experts while I can still cancel it.
Edit: I should note that memory channel A in my P5N32 is dead so I run both sticks in channel B and lose out on dual channel. Single stick options cost more than dual so I opted to go with the 2x2gb.