• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Memory Timings 10-10-10-27

Astralogic

Gawd
Joined
Apr 24, 2012
Messages
581
So, memory timings: 10-10-10-27.

Is that crap?

Is 9-9-9-24 better? I'm under the impression that the smaller the number the faster the ram.

I'm currently using this memory, it says the timings are 10-10-10-27. I looked in my bios and the timings were set to 9-9-9-24 so I changed them to match the RAM.

Is that recommended or should I have left it?
 
Looks like you put this in the wrong section as this is the Monitor/Display section =P

Anyway to answer your question yes lower timings are better but I often find that ram with better timings don't usually make THAT much of a difference on performance with *most* things.
 
Looks like you put this in the wrong section as this is the Monitor/Display section =P

Anyway to answer your question yes lower timings are better but I often find that ram with better timings don't usually make THAT much of a difference on performance with *most* things.

Correct. Not even frame rates for most current Intel systems.
 
Back
Top