Memory testing beyond memtest86?

Kato1144

Limp Gawd
Hey I have a 32G kit of DDR4 3200MHz (i dont recall make and model off the top of my head i can get the details latter if needed) anyway I was using the kit in my main rig back in 2019 and even thought it was 100% in memtest86 it was having small issues, random crashes in games like stellaris and other system instability issues/crashes. At the time I was not sure what the issue was but I figured it might be the memory even thought it tested fine so I swapped it out and no more issues, kinda forgot about the 32G kit that I had just laying around for a few years but then rediscovered it recently and figured its a shame to just have a 32 Gb kit unused when I have VM that can certainly use the memory but first I need to make sure this memory is issue free, I know I said that I sawpped it and my system got better but that system also had a MOBD fail on it too and I cant remember if that was before or after I swapped the mem. Anyhow is there a procedure to 100% test the mem beyond memtest86, pls let me know as I would like to use this mem with confidence.

Thanks.

Thanks Riev90 i will try that, but at the moment im running Prim95's memory test that also uses 99% of the memory and im going to run that for like 24hrs then if that passes I will try TM5 and AIDA64 just for good measure.

TM5 is great for the RAM and OCCT CPU test with the large data set is very good for finding memory controller related issues.

Back