Mechwarrior Online Founders Package on Sale NOW!

All of you so called MW fans should play some MWLL. It's not F2P but FREE and your time would greatly benefit the community! From what I hear it's a better game as well. I have only played MWLL and LOVE it!

www.mechlivinglegends.net

Seriously -- when I was younger and straight out of college I put up with crap like that for a while... and we are talking about being owed 6 to 8 weeks worth of pay, worth about 12,000 dollars.

Sadly the bubble I was banking in popped in 09 and now making crap for money. If my employer ever said on payday "sorry I'll pay you soon I promise" I'd stop coming in.

But yes -- if you are owed 2 months of pay, you have been working for free this entire time. I know how it feels to be in that situation - and i know you want to convey to your boss you are a "team player" but you are getting taken advantage of plain and simple.

You can't tell your credit card/car loan/cell phone people that they will get paid in 2 months without a penalty. If you employer doesn't want to pay you and you are still showing up, either start charging them interest or just stop showing up.

Depends on the job, my current employeer pays $25 an hour. But if your willing to contract yourself out with YOUR OWN company to them, they will give you $28. The big catch is they only pay you in 3 month increments like all companies (since they treat you as a bill, not an employee), and you have to manage your own taxes/provide your own health benifits.

In the end the hassle and headache isnt worth the $3/hour

All of you so called MW fans should play some MWLL. It's not F2P but FREE and your time would greatly benefit the community! From what I hear it's a better game as well. I have only played MWLL and LOVE it!

www.mechlivinglegends.net

yep fun game but you have to have a nice cpu to run it.. sadly they have exceeded what that pos crysis engine is capable of doing without having direct access to the engine(screw you crytek)..

Depends on the job, my current employeer pays $25 an hour. But if your willing to contract yourself out with YOUR OWN company to them, they will give you $28. The big catch is they only pay you in 3 month increments like all companies (since they treat you as a bill, not an employee), and you have to manage your own taxes/provide your own health benifits.

In the end the hassle and headache isnt worth the $3/hour

I'd agree totally that $3 isn't worth it. I remember what it was like though -- paying for my own medical coverage (Which I never ever ever used) and doing my own taxes. Based on the expenses I had doing my own business $3/hr doesn't cover it at all. You'd actually come out in the red with the increase in taxes and other misc crap.

I feel poor as hell because I've just maxed my pay here as a computer room operator at 18.81 - (for a major drugstore retailer who shall not be named but totally sucks) hah I really really need to get off my ass and start looking again.

While MWLL is nice, it has nothing on MWO.

MWO works with BT Lore and Rule sets, not MS/MWLL arcade mode.

And people who are in beta and talking about it, you need to read what NDA means.

Also the game is in "BETA" and if you think this is what the end product is going to be, you're wrong.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
[RIP]Zeus;1038873377 said:

And people who are in beta and talking about it, you need to read what NDA means.

Also the game is in "BETA" and if you think this is what the end product is going to be, you're wrong.

Just my 2 cents.

MWLL has nothing on MWO? Really? It never ceases to amaze me how blatantly dumb some people can act when they get themselves all fanboyed up about something.

MWO will never match MWLL, and by your statement about MWLL, I already know you don't know shit about it. Arcade mode? You have obviously never played the game bro.

BTW the only thing in MWLL that deviates from lore is medium lasers weigh two tons and not one and engines can only hold regular heatsinks. Not double. Sounds like balance to me.

Go ahead have diarrhea of the mouth now telling me why you think MWO will ever be better.

[RIP]Zeus;1038873377 said:

Just my 2 cents.

I am under no NDA regarding MWO.

The recent patch has made it much better but it still needs work. The rounds are still very short and lack much in terms of teamplay. They really need to work in some VOIP I think to fix that.

if he isnt paying you now i doubt youll get paid anytime soon hes just seeing how much work for free he can get out ofyou.

The recent patch has made it much better but it still needs work. The rounds are still very short and lack much in terms of teamplay. They really need to work in some VOIP I think to fix that.

Did you experience any performance issue with the last patch? I haven't gotten on since the hotfix but after the last patch I was getting some slide show moments especially when I was trying to turn quickly.

Did you experience any performance issue with the last patch? I haven't gotten on since the hotfix but after the last patch I was getting some slide show moments especially when I was trying to turn quickly.

Memory leak, just restart your game every round or two.

I can't believe they don't guarantee beta access for people that buy founder's packs right now. They just sent out more random invites, so having spent $120 doesn't even mean you get in.

ಠ_ಠ

I've played Mechwarrior Online and it was 'ok'. If you want a good 'mech game' .. go play World of Tanks.

thats why its not being released any time soon lol.. open beta is aug 7th and gets you into closed beta.. actual game doesn't come out til weeks later. but in the end the advantage of F2P games is they are constantly updated and improved on vs games you buy for 60 bucks and the developers usually forget about 2 months later.
I much prefer subscription based payment. They have to continuously improve and maintain the game to keep subscribers, but you don't run into the issue of "pay to win" where people can buy equipment that gives them an unfair advantage.

I've played Mechwarrior Online and it was 'ok'. If you want a good 'mech game' .. go play World of Tanks.

Wait... Unless they added something else to WoT, the only thing "mech" about it is tanks are mechanical. Am I missing something?

Wait... Unless they added something else to WoT, the only thing "mech" about it is tanks are mechanical. Am I missing something?

Some people think of MWO as WoT only with mechs and I think that is what he was referring to. The two have a similar FTP set up and both also are more of a multi player type game than a true MMO.

AC2 - "Hey guys, it's just a beta."
Vanguard - "Hey guys, it's just a beta."
Conan - "Hey guys, it's just a beta."
Warhammer - "Hey guys, it's just a beta."
Many more I am missing - "Hey guys, it's just a beta."

How did that work out?

Hah, well put

I watched the first dev diary not expecting much. As soon as he powered on the Mech and I heard the same voice as the old microsoft versions from the 90s, I got chills.

I moved some money over to pp today. I'm thinking of getting a Lengendary Founders pack. Still holding off though. Still have at least three weeks to decide. :)

Its just mechwarrior 4 with world of tanks miltiplayer only.

Call me sentimental, but I care enough about the MW/BT series of games enough to pay for the founders pack whether or not I like the game itself. We'll see how it goes.

Ok, you're sentimental... but most of us in this thread are, you have to be. The last good MW game is Living Legends MOD, if you count the MOD. If not, it is MW3, better physics, and game play than MW4.

I looked at the video and from what I have seen it has not yet reached the polish of Living Legends. It still plays a bit like an arcade and less of a mech-sim type game. If they can capture the feel of a light mech vs a heavy mech, then they are heading in the right direction. Its' the physics that make it possible. They have a good engine to work with, now they just have to code it.

Also debating if I should get this. I'll probably no have the time to play it. A good Living Legends round is at least an hour, for some fun, you need at least 2 hours :D

On the Centurion, it would be fun to have Kai Allard Centurion, equipped with the bigger AC20 and the extended nails for physical damage... And physically appear different

Screenshots? FRAPS? :D

In for the $120! :)

Debating throwing in $30 here. F2P means the smart approach is wait-and-see, of course. Making excuses for a clearly bad game just because it's in beta is one thing, dismissing a game entirely while it's still in beta is another - not willing to make a judgment call yet.

I much prefer subscription based payment. They have to continuously improve and maintain the game to keep subscribers, but you don't run into the issue of "pay to win" where people can buy equipment that gives them an unfair advantage.
Completely agree - also, with F2P you get leavers, feeders, scream-at-your-teammate-ers, and every other variety of asshole ruining games because hey, it's free.

Completely agree - also, with F2P you get leavers, feeders, scream-at-your-teammate-ers, and every other variety of asshole ruining games because hey, it's free.

I find it funny that there is always someone that likes to throw in this argument. I have seen this in every MMO game I have played and I have played in quite a few. Free or not you are going to get people like this and unfortunately many are adults(18+). Learn to deal with it or just not play online games.

I find it funny that there is always someone that likes to throw in this argument. I have seen this in every MMO game I have played and I have played in quite a few. Free or not you are going to get people like this and unfortunately many are adults(18+). Learn to deal with it or just not play online games.
Not saying the paywall eliminates these folks, just that there are far less of them because they have a financial investment and thus an incentive not to behave badly. F2P, meanwhile, invites more of them :eek:

Also, it's a much bigger issue for MOBA/team match games like these, where one bad apple often completely wrecks the game. In an MMO you can generally just kick the asshole and find someone else to play that role.

Every MMO I played I hated everybody.

So finally got into the Beta the other day. I enjoy the mech action but matches are short and there is almost no team gameplay. A coordinated team could probably demolish but no teams are ever coordinated.

So finally got into the Beta the other day. I enjoy the mech action but matches are short and there is almost no team gameplay. A coordinated team could probably demolish but no teams are ever coordinated.

If my experience in WoT is any indicator, This comes with time. Any time a new map or game mode comes out, everyone is everywhere. Total cluster. By the time a month is up, ppl have their spots/objectives/tank roles figured out. Then and only then do ppl start actually paying attention to the game itself.

I threw in for $60. Game seems to be as close to the WoT business model as possible by a completely separate company, so I'm confident I'll get my $60 worth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCYQtzfp9BM&feature=player_embedded

acb.jpg

Personally, after playing through the WoT beta, I HATED the game. It was literally impossible to kill even 1 tank since everyone seemed to have bought the upgraded tanks right away (I do believe it had the option to buy upgrades, but I am wrong don't flip out)...

As far as the MW games go, I loved them on PC...I never actually knew about the novels/board games until years after...

Back