Mechwarrior Online, anyone looking foward?

Who is interested in MWO?

• Yes

Votes: 153 53.1%
  • No

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 68 23.6%
  • Never heard of it.

Votes: 30 10.4%

• Total voters
Anyone in the beta? Weenis and I are founders, our SNs are SeaFoam and Camisado84

Yup, handle is Chaos Machine. Btw the level of polish plays like more than just an alpha, though it is not feature nor content complete. I have already sunk more than 40 hours into the game. Futzing around in the mechlab is tons of fun.

Handle is theghengiskhan
only been playing for 2 days now, but I've logged about 9 hours, and I have a joystick bought and paid for from Amazon, should arrive Wed/Thur. Also ordered a webcam and IR LED's. Can anyone guess what they're for? :D

If OP is still around he should edit the first post. I don't think it was ever slated for release in 2nd quarter (that I heard of at least). Originally the date for all of the "Founders' getting in was July 17th. They pushed that back to August 7th due to delays getting the server hardware ready, then pushed it back up and let people in before that point. That is all still part of the closed beta though. Even on the official forums there are a lot of confused people that assume Founders getting in = open beta/live which is far from the truth. In huge letters it says "Closed Beta" and people seem to think that means v0.99 or something. There is no schedule for open beta let alone an actual release, other than trying to get the open beta ready before the end of Summer. Obviously with a small studio that is probably optimistic and you can expect that official announcements are a ways off.

Q. When will we get more info on MechWarrior® Online™'s gameplay and release date?

A. We will release information when it becomes available. We are going to be working closely with everyone in the community as well so information will be steady as we go through development. The exact release date is still to be determined but it will be in 2012!

I think they are starting in 3025 so that would cover it. I also found this to be the best era.
Nope. That was the original plan years back when it was supposed to be Mechwarrior 5. 3025 was the setting for the single player game that got scrapped. Mechwarrior Online starts in 3049. From what I've read they couldn't get backing for a single player campaign and had to go with the MMO idea to restart the franchise. Suffice to say if MW:O does really well I would expect a single player game in a few years but that's just me being hopeful. :D

The game starts right before the clans invade, from that point on it progresses in real time. So you will get to experience probably the most exciting time in the battletech universe and it also offers a logical upgrade path for mechs and equipment as clan tech will not be immediately available.

If it starts in 3049 then should we not see The Timber Wolf (aka Mad Cat)? Is it in game? Haven't seen it in any videos or anything, it's by far my favorite Mech in the mechwarrior series

Since it's clan tech, we won't be seeing the MadCat or any other clan mechs for a while. They are still trying to figure out whether or not clan mechs should be balanced.

If it starts in 3049 then should we not see The Timber Wolf (aka Mad Cat)? Is it in game? Haven't seen it in any videos or anything, it's by far my favorite Mech in the mechwarrior series

madcat is an awesome mech.

No, you wont see a Mad Cat initially. Same with any clan weapons or tech, like double efficiency heatsinks.

Handle is theghengiskhan
only been playing for 2 days now, but I've logged about 9 hours, and I have a joystick bought and paid for from Amazon, should arrive Wed/Thur. Also ordered a webcam and IR LED's. Can anyone guess what they're for? :D

I have a TrackIR. As far as I know, at this point, there's no support for it. I could turn on the mouse/control settings and aim that route. Not sure what you're looking to do with it, aim or look around the cockpit?

What I'm going to be using it for is pilot view, independent of aiming. Just for added realism. I have seen a trackIR vid of MWO somewhere, just not sure where to find it again.

Since it's clan tech, we won't be seeing the MadCat or any other clan mechs for a while. They are still trying to figure out whether or not clan mechs should be balanced.

I hope they dont nerf clan tech, really kind of defeats the purpose of having a technologically superior for invade that has tech that isnt really very superior.

A system where prices slowly start coming down would be best, just like it should.

is this anything like mw4?
I was just curious if you could host your own server and set the rules as you want them?

A friend said he looked at this last January and they were saying it would not be free.
This is what he emailed me.

"120.00 dollars for 3 months that is 480 a year.What kind of pricing is this?"

ok is that for a server or ???

is this anything like mw4?
I was just curious if you could host your own server and set the rules as you want them?

A friend said he looked at this last January and they were saying it would not be free.
This is what he emailed me.

"120.00 dollars for 3 months that is 480 a year.What kind of pricing is this?"

ok is that for a server or ???

There are no player hosted servers. Think of it more like a MMO where the servers are run by the game company.

The $120 is for the Legendary level Founders Package. The three month Premium Account will get you 50% more money and experience per game match for those three months. http://mwomercs.com/founders

Even if LL is objectively better (it's really up to opinion though), the player population alone is enough to prefer MWO. LL tops out at 100 players at any given time, while MWO is regularly at 1500-2000 in closed beta.

I had to pay $ 3,000 CDN dollars, to build a custom gaming rig that could play Crysis & MW:LL :p

I had to pay $ 3,000 CDN dollars, to build a custom gaming rig that could play Crysis & MW:LL :p

you overpaid by about $2000. :p

MWO is a blast so far. Even in its current Beta state. Its 10x better in a group with chat. Ive been running with the fine chaps at Penny-Arcade quite a bit. good times are had by all.

I do prefer the map sizes, vehicle types and whatnot in LL. MWO is nice, though the simple stuff (like equipping a loadout) is just a pain to use. I don't like the heat concept either.

Its a good game for what it is, though I wish it would have been more sim like.

Got into the closed beta a week or two back. I think there's an NDA but I'll just say that it seems fun, though it could really use some sort of tutorial. I was pretty confused as to what all the functions/controls were.

yeah i got into the closed beta a few weeks ago(woops broke rule number 1, but don't care).. played about 2-3 hours and haven't gone back to the game.. MWLL spoiled me way to much. i'm done playing games where it takes longer to load the actual map then it does to play it.. most games were over in under 3 minutes and some of them in less then a minute. pointless and boring, thats all i have to say.

yeah i got into the closed beta a few weeks ago(woops broke rule number 1, but don't care).. played about 2-3 hours and haven't gone back to the game.. MWLL spoiled me way to much. i'm done playing games where it takes longer to load the actual map then it does to play it.. most games were over in under 3 minutes and some of them in less then a minute. pointless and boring, thats all i have to say.

That's not really the norm, unless you kept getting into pubstomping teams, then yes it will be over quickly, but this can happen in any game.

Al I can say is they should have used the BF3 engine for destructive environments.......

Completely forgot about this, checked the e-mail account and it seems like I got access 3 days ago. Time to check it out I guess.

yeah i got into the closed beta a few weeks ago(woops broke rule number 1, but don't care).. played about 2-3 hours and haven't gone back to the game..
Same. I put four to five hours into it. It just doesn't do it for me.

A big part of what MechWarrior games fun is that there's at least marginal depth (a good amount of BattleTech material to draw from, which they tend to do) and decent singleplayer story lines. MWO is just "here, get in this mech and blow each other up". That's great, but I need a little more to keep my mind from wandering toward other things.

Same. I put four to five hours into it. It just doesn't do it for me.

A big part of what MechWarrior games fun is that there's at least marginal depth (a good amount of BattleTech material to draw from, which they tend to do) and decent singleplayer story lines. MWO is just "here, get in this mech and blow each other up". That's great, but I need a little more to keep my mind from wandering toward other things.

agree.. there are so many games these days that don't hold my interest anymore.

there are so many different things they could of done to MWO that would of made it better. but thats all i'm going to say. when open beta starts i'll explain what they should of done better to make the game far more enjoyable for the arcade game play style they went with.

and the person that mentioned the BF3 engine, i couldn't agree more, the crytek 3 engine looks like absolute TRASH! i'm sorry but MWLL looks leagues better than MWO does.. friggin ambient occlusion crap in MWO is insane!

That's not really the norm, unless you kept getting into pubstomping teams, then yes it will be over quickly, but this can happen in any game.

well since they decided to go with a COD matchmaking system theres not much else i could of done about that.. i got stuck with what ever bullshit team they gave me.

Back