Mechwarrior 4, Black Knight, Mercenaries + Mech Packs = dont work in Windows 7?

Vlad_13

[H]ard|Gawd
Thought i would revisit the saga of Mechwarrior 4, Black Knight expansion set, Mercenaries along with Inner Sphere and Clan mech packs... but none of the games work... All i get is few screen flashes, config menu and ela agreement after that it just goes to desktop.

Yes i have tried compatibility crap, still no go.

Any one managed to run this game under Vista/Win 7 x64?

Yes, I was playing MW4 Merc's under Windows Vista x86 some time ago. I'm afraid I can't tell you what I did, if anything, to get it going as I've upgraded to Win7 x64 since.

(edit) Googled for a minute and it seems you may need to use a no-cd crack. Can confirm this is what I was doing as I never used the CD to play.

Have you updated it? After installing Black Knight, and Mercenaries the version of the Vengeance changes. Do you remember to which one?

Already tried 2 cracks... bah, both give me an error.

Is there a way to run it in windowed mode (not full screen)? I bought KOTOR off steam during the sale and had to set it to run windowed to clear up some issues under Win 7. A poster on the steam forums commented he had done this for several games to clear up various issues.

I got MW4 mercs running on a vista X64 machine by setting it to run in compatibility mode for xp with some of the boxes ticked (no ideas which ones now) cant remeber if I had to use a No CD patch with the retail or not. However once I put the mech packs in, the whole game would crash no matter what I did and then had to reinstall MW4 without the mech paks to get the game going again. I did find out tho that my Acer Aspire One was capable of playing it passably on my 28" VX2835 monitor.

Back