McAfee = McAfree

HardOCP News

[H] News
McAfee is now back in the U.S.. Hopefully this is the last we hear of this case until the movie comes out. :rolleyes:

Software mogul John McAfee has been released from detention in Guatemala City and has landed in Miami. "They took me out of my cell and put me on a freaking airplane," he told ABC News. "I had no choice in the matter."

Aw. Now all the people that were hoping that the Belizan government was going to make him "disappear" will be so disappointed! :(

So, are we to expect the US will arrest him and surrender him to Belize? (He is not an American citizen anymore).

The irony is that those who claimed that Assange should be extradicted to Sweden will be the first to defend that McAfee should not be extradicted to Belize.

My question is why didn't Guatemala deport him to Belize instead of the US?

Afterall that is where he illegally entered from, and he does have citizenship there.

So, are we to expect the US will arrest him and surrender him to Belize? (He is not an American citizen anymore).

The irony is that those who claimed that Assange should be extradicted to Sweden will be the first to defend that McAfee should not be extradicted to Belize.

Yes, because the US government has a record of corruption and murder that makes Belize's antics pale in comparison. :rolleyes:

My question is why didn't Guatemala deport him to Belize instead of the US?

Afterall that is where he illegally entered from, and he does have citizenship there.

Probably because he requested refugee protection and that the Belize government have not officially charged him with anything. So theres really no reason too. Same reason the US is letting him do whatever, there are no charges against him in any country. (I'm assuming Guatamala dropped whatever charges they had.)

Probably because he requested refugee protection and that the Belize government have not officially charged him with anything. So theres really no reason too. Same reason the US is letting him do whatever, there are no charges against him in any country. (I'm assuming Guatamala dropped whatever charges they had.)

Oh I can understand not extraditing him under those circumstances, but if your tossed out for entering the country illegally shouldn't you be booted to the country you entered from, especially when you are a citizen there?

Oh I can understand not extraditing him under those circumstances, but if your tossed out for entering the country illegally shouldn't you be booted to the country you entered from, especially when you are a citizen there?

I think thats where refugee protection comes in.

Which makes their fervent pursuit of him all the more curious. If they haven't got anything to charge him with, why are they taunting him to "turn himself in"?

Which makes their fervent pursuit of him all the more curious. If they haven't got anything to charge him with, why are they taunting him to "turn himself in"?

Well assuming they don't plan on charging him, but they think he has information the could use to find who did do it, wouldn't it make sense for them to want him to come back so they can talk to him?

As for McAfee for someone who claims to be innocent about the only way he could make himself look more guilty is by admitting he did it and displaying the murder weapon.

Well, if he's not being charged, then does he qualify for refugee protection?

I'm not too experienced with refugee protection, but I think if your reason for requesting it is a fear for your life, that might be all they need.

Precisely!

Well assuming they don't plan on charging him, but they think he has information the could use to find who did do it, wouldn't it make sense for them to want him to come back so they can talk to him?

As for McAfee for someone who claims to be innocent about the only way he could make himself look more guilty is by admitting he did it and displaying the murder weapon.

Corrupt governments never want to 'just' talk. And they want him to turn himself in, for what? They refuse to charge him with anything! Why don't they call him over the phone, if all they want is to ask questions? Thats what the Police and FBI do here. No warrant, no arrest.

Bullshit. If that's all it is, why can't that be achieved with a phone call or video conference? Why do they have to have him in their physical custody? The latter question is rhetorical.

Tell me John McAfee's record of criminal activity. I've got ten seconds to spare. You won't need all of it.

Better set aside a couple hours for me to recount the extent of the Belizan government's corruption and propensity for violence.

Bullshit. If that's all it is, why can't that be achieved with a phone call or video conference? Why do they have to have him in their physical custody? The latter question is rhetorical.

Tell me John McAfee's record of criminal activity. I've got ten seconds to spare. You won't need all of it.

Better set aside a couple hours for me to recount the extent of the Belizan government's corruption and propensity for violence.

For John McAfee does it matter which country would count his actions as criminal? Does it matter if it is a 'criminal' or a 'civil' case? Because despite what you seem to have heard about McAfee, he didn't leave the US because of taxes. He left to dodge litigation for a wrongful death lawsuit by selling all his assets in the US and buying up assets in Belize.

Beyond that, there's his drug dealing, discharging of firearms at human beings. Apparently other US nationals living in Belize were terrified of his behavior.

+1 for what ballistic90 said. He carries guns openly with bodyguards that do the same, having used them to threaten neighbors (at gun point), and is known to be into making/taking bath salts. A paranoid person on psychotic drugs + guns is a bad combo.

For John McAfee does it matter which country would count his actions as criminal? Does it matter if it is a 'criminal' or a 'civil' case? Because despite what you seem to have heard about McAfee, he didn't leave the US because of taxes. He left to dodge litigation for a wrongful death lawsuit by selling all his assets in the US and buying up assets in Belize.

So you're saying that well-known corrupt governments should always get the benefit of the doubt when charging wealthy people with no criminal record of major crimes just months after they break down his door, looking for a "drug lab" but finding fucking nothing?

And where's your proof of this wrongful death lawsuit, and can you provide a link that was created before McAfee was wanted for "questioning"?

Beyond that, there's his drug dealing, discharging of firearms at human beings. Apparently other US nationals living in Belize were terrified of his behavior.

Where's your proof of either drug dealing or discharging of firearms at human beings, and again, does any of it predate the murder? Same goes for the allegations of "terror" on the part of "other US nationals".

My point is that nobody thought John McAfee was a nutshit wacko...until he was charged with murder by a government so well-known for corruption that they had already invaded his home, found nothing, and told him to get over it.

+1 for what ballistic90 said. He carries guns openly with bodyguards that do the same, having used them to threaten neighbors (at gun point), and is known to be into making/taking bath salts. A paranoid person on psychotic drugs + guns is a bad combo.

Except they didn't find a single fucking drug on his -ENTIRE- property that belonged to him, and the packet of weed they found was found on one of his guards

At that, he's never been charged with threatening neighbors at gunpoint, nor were their any complaints until -AFTER- the murder charges

He was -TESTED- for drugs and they found nothing in his blood -OR- his hair, and after he fled the country cause he was afraid the local warlords, er, politicians would kill him, they have -COMPLETELY- gutted his house for everything of value and took it for themselves. Literally, everything. All the TV's, furniture, clothing, even took bathroom fixtures out of the fucking walls for themselves. If -THAT- doesn't sound like the work of a corrupt government to you, I dunno what does.

Stop watching TV and search the facts for yourself.
You have no idea how misinformed both of you are.

Actually I read that wrong, he is a citizen of England.

If he is a citizen of England why was he fleeing to some unsafe country to avoid taxes? It's not like the US where you owe the goverment wherever you are... He could just live in the US or Europe and not pay...:confused:

If he is a citizen of England why was he fleeing to some unsafe country to avoid taxes? It's not like the US where you owe the goverment wherever you are... He could just live in the US or Europe and not pay...:confused:

Maybe in Monaco, not many other places that don't come after you for taxes (yep even 'ol Blighty will automatically pull owed taxes from your bank account, rather than just come after you)...although you have to prove you make a million a year to live there, and it's not cheap.

He should have been quarantined and accidentally deleted.

This guy sure loves corrupt, third world countries lol.

It kind of weirds me out that I used to work for the company that's named after him. Glad it wasn't anywhere crazy as he is though.

you should be able to shoot someone in the head if they poison your dogs....just saying

Except they didn't find a single fucking drug on his -ENTIRE- property that belonged to him, and the packet of weed they found was found on one of his guards

At that, he's never been charged with threatening neighbors at gunpoint, nor were their any complaints until -AFTER- the murder charges

He was -TESTED- for drugs and they found nothing in his blood -OR- his hair, and after he fled the country cause he was afraid the local warlords, er, politicians would kill him, they have -COMPLETELY- gutted his house for everything of value and took it for themselves. Literally, everything. All the TV's, furniture, clothing, even took bathroom fixtures out of the fucking walls for themselves. If -THAT- doesn't sound like the work of a corrupt government to you, I dunno what does.

Research chemicals/bath salts don't show up on drug tests.

Back