Maybe newb question.. what software for OC?

Tsuyoi

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 17, 2011
Messages
499
So I'm looking to OC my i7-2600k, my MoBo is the Asus P8Z68V-Gen3, and I can't figure out how to OC outside of the BIOS. I know i've seen screenshots of some program with sliders and stuff that makes it look easy as hell to just drag sliders to set multipliers to OC, but what program is that?
 
If you want an OC that is done right, you'll stick to the BIOS. Use whatever testing software you want (Prime95, IBT, etc...) but if you use software to OC you'll probably end up not obtaining the highest possible OC while simultaniously using more voltage than you need to.
 
Considering that most software just interfaces with the motherboards BIOS and changes settings that way, I don't see how it can be a problem.

That said, it's just flat out easier to overclock from the BIOS.
 
Back
Top