• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

May be a dumb question buuuttt...

jimthebob

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Mar 23, 2013
Messages
950
In my main PC I have a Couger 1050 watt PSU (overkill) and in my server I have an Antec True Power, not sure of the wattage off the top of my head. Anywho both are modular. Both came with all the extra cables needed. However, when I got the Antec PSU molex was still a thing and some of the modular cables that came with the Antec have molex. I don't have any molex powered devices in my server, it's all SATA. So what I'm wondering is does the industry have a standard for modular cables on power supplies or does every manufacturer pin things out different on there end? I want to use some of the Cougar cables on the Antec PSU but don't want to risk frying a drive. Thoughts on this guys?
 
I've always wondered that myself. Not a dumb question at all. I've had some Antec, some EVGA and some no name / China tech-fleamarket ones. Since I wasn't sure what I could use with what, I've probably thrown away some perfectly good PSUs - just outdated.
 
Do not mix modular cables, ever. Even from the same manufacturer, you have to be careful. For example, the Corsair AX1200 uses different cables from the smaller AX PSUs.
 
Alright you guys confirmed what I was kinda thinking, I've just never seen it "official" anywhere.
 
well, that may be a problem since I have bucket of the things mixed together, and I suspect a lot of people do also.
 
well, that may be a problem since I have bucket of the things mixed together, and I suspect a lot of people do also.

Nope. I have PC's in my house running modular PSU's from Corsair, EVGA, BFGTech, and Aerocool. All cables stay in their respective PSU boxes to limit me burning up components :)

I suspect a lot of other people like to stay organized like me also ;)
 
i can confirm even with in the same brand, modular cables have different pin outs. but if you arm yourself with a voltmeter it easy to change it around so it works
 
Back
Top