Maxwell!

Bee tee dubs, the compute is improved over Kepler, but not drastically so. It puts it roughly on par with the AMD parts now with drastically improved efficiency. Now someone needs to see how it performs with BOINC!

If it could fold at the 660 level it would be fantastic. I doubt it will come close though. Maybe 25K PPD if it's lucky. Can't wait to see what the full Maxwell cards can do from a F@H standpoint. Now that the architecture face lift seems to be yielding a fairly huge energy savings, perhaps 20nm savings can go full on improving everything else.

Wouldn't be surprised if the 880 was literally double the shader cores as the 780 and because F@H loves more shaders and higher clocks that would be a huge deal. We may start getting close to breaking 500K PPD for a single GPU. Can you imagine the insanity?

Ryan Smith over at AnandTech ran it through some folding benchmarks. They don't offer PPD numbers, just nanoseconds per day, but the 750 and 750 TI are compared to other cards for your reference.

AnandTech GeForce GTX 750 Ti and GTX 750 Review

That...is....very interesting! Those numbers are almost in line with a 660 which push about 44K PPD. I was not expecting that. This Maxwell thing could be a lot bigger than we all thought.

That...is....very interesting! Those numbers are almost in line with a 660 which push about 44K PPD. I was not expecting that. This Maxwell thing could be a lot bigger than we all thought.
very interesting. Maxwell might be amazing in a 250W TDP envelope.

Anybody try one yet? I see they were added to the GPU greylist last week. I'm also thinking slightly slower than a 660 PPD wise, but just curious.

My first 24hrs with 750Ti: Got the MSI Gaming one, installed next to my 780 (wierd no power cables), newest drivers, manually got my gpus.txt, and...lots of crashing! Or failing, rather.
Finally running - Core 15 :\.

I have no separate available rig to test atm, but I'd love to hear what anyone else

I better pick a couple up before the miners kill the market...

Prices are already going up in the used market.

Replaced the defective SSD, reinstall Win 8.1 - now up and running with both cards just fine!
At least as fine you can on on Core 15 :)
Still the first WU, but..~24K PPD on the 750Ti, ~47K on the 780.

Replaced the defective SSD, reinstall Win 8.1 - now up and running with both cards just fine!
At least as fine you can on on Core 15 :)
Still the first WU, but..~24K PPD on the 750Ti, ~47K on the 780.

Right on! If you're doing 24K PPD on the 750 Ti that's going to be huge on Core_17 methinks because right now my 660 is only doing 11K PPD on the 8018.

I don't get this project sometimes. Now we have 3 Core_17 projects and still getting Core_15's. Running 400W for 40K PPD on a 780/660 just isn't logical. Hopefully they fix that. Anxious to see what that does on the Core_17. Only problem is everyone running Maxwell cards seems to fail on Core_17 WU's so you might get burned until they fix that.

Back