Maxis: 'We Could Have Built An Offline Mode' In SimCity

It's a shame EA owns the right to many good games, otherwise I'd say fuck it as well. But I want BF4....and the next Dead space...And I'm sure many others.

Yeah, this is two in a row for me. I waited for reviews on Aliens:CM and now this piece of shit. I'm 2 for 2 and it feels great.

I wish more gamers would join us.

I haven't bought a game at launch or by preorder since Dragon Age 2, does feel good.

It's a shame EA owns the right to many good games, otherwise I'd say fuck it as well. But I want BF4....and the next Dead space...And I'm sure many others.

Yeah, this is two in a row for me. I waited for reviews on Aliens:CM and now this piece of shit. I'm 2 for 2 and it feels great.

I wish more gamers would join us.

Hitmanthe3rd or whatever your name is, join the club that Bamboo, others, and myself are taking instead of being mindless. Vote with your wallet and send a clear message that this bullshit is unacceptable.

It was impossible because the model they have chosen will be based around micropayments for upgrades and expansions.

You know...all the stuff that's strangely missing in the game at the moment.

And this is exactly why EA/Maxis said NO to the offline mode. All EA/Maxis saw was all those dollar signs flying away.

Again the above quote is exactly why Simcity5 is in the state it is in and also why EA is fighting tooth and nail to NOT refund you.

It was impossible because the model they have chosen will be based around micropayments for upgrades and expansions.

You know...all the stuff that's strangely missing in the game at the moment.

You're not kidding. Look at what someone unearthed in the code.. A stub/placeholder tile for buying a marina ($14.99 FWIW but in fairness may not be final price.. The point here is you can see where things are headed and why alienating their legacy players and refusing offline mode is apparently so important ..Farmville, meet Cityville)

http://imgur.com/25L9AZ3

You're not kidding. Look at what someone unearthed in the code.. A stub/placeholder tile for buying a marina ($14.99 FWIW but in fairness may not be final price.. The point here is you can see where things are headed and why alienating their legacy players and refusing offline mode is apparently so important ..Farmville, meet Cityville)

http://imgur.com/25L9AZ3

Ugh. So clearly EA is stealing the playbook of game design and conduct straight from Zynga. And you'd think EA would have taken the crash Zynga took as a loud and clear warning.

But supersmart Lucy says most people want to play online.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21828799

Does this woman know she's being used as a patsy by EA?

I love how they word it....they never mention that SimCity has always been a single player game. In fact they go out of their way to push they rejected "turning it into a single player game"...as though it was always a multiplayer game, and that EA weren't actually turning a single-player franchise into a multiplayer-only one.

I love how they word it....they never mention that SimCity has always been a single player game. In fact they go out of their way to push they rejected "turning it into a single player game"...as though it was always a multiplayer game, and that EA weren't actually turning a single-player franchise into a multiplayer-only one.

And this is where it blew up in their faces and soured even more consumers against their brand. To which I say to them: ha ha ha your exceptional greed and lack of care for customer needs/wants/desires has once again ruined a fantastic franchise whilst souring your brand name again. :p

This is why I have yet to use Origin or buy anymore products published by EA.

It's nice to see someone started it. I think it was a Forbes editor or contributor. I know they have important things to take care of, but maybe they should get involved when you've got a company charging $60 bucks a pop for something that doesn't work out of the box (or DL stream) en masse. I actually can't see how more class actions don't spring up. Maybe EA quashed class actions in their terms with Origin. Not sure.

What I do know is that if they demand $60 from us to play a game then we should demand that it work when we buy it.

The answer is not to have government get involved.

The answer is for people to use their fucking heads and not buy shit that EA sells.

Fucking America. Only here do we have people crying for the gov to help them not buy defective products.

The answer is not to have government get involved.

The answer is for people to use their fucking heads and not buy shit that EA sells.

Fucking America. Only here do we have people crying for the gov to help them not buy defective products.

In your little world, you think the cries of a few thousand will affect the decisions of these juggernauts. They sell several million copies of their products - and if they lose a few thousand customers in order to retain and gain 100,000 more it's a win in their book.

Stay with me here, I know you might have a hard time following me here - you're insignificant.. get used it.

In your little world, you think the cries of a few thousand will affect the decisions of these juggernauts. They sell several million copies of their products - and if they lose a few thousand customers in order to retain and gain 100,000 more it's a win in their book.

Stay with me here, I know you might have a hard time following me here - you're insignificant.. get used it.

You completely missed the point.

While i don't disagree with what you said, i was trying to comment on the nonsensical nature of a populous asking the government to help keep them from buying a defective video game.

(when they are 100% capable of not buying it on their own...)

Speak with your wallets like I did. Buying something and then complaining, especially if you did not pre order it, is exactly why EA will continue to do this to people.

You mean EA's vision Ms Bradshaw, it doesn't fit with EA's vision which is rather cloudy and needs to be checked.

Back