Maxing out my Netbook

Sorry guys I've been busy at work documenting 63 stores worth of computer equipment I think Im going to relax for the weeked and then try again on monday.
 
All I do is email, IM and websurf on my 11" i5 slate. Was doing the same thing with the netbooks but it was still too weak and slow for doing that and I hated it everyday. Web videos would be slow if they worked at all. Webpages of today are resource hogs.

But if you can swing a netbook, go for it.

I had an 11" ULV ultraportable, and it is much faster than a netbook, but I couldn't justify the cost. Personally, I found that the N570/Ion2 netbook is "close enough" for what I need it to do. It is definitely faster than the N270/GMA950/GMA3100 netbooks that many have. I wouldn't pay $400 for it, but I got a good deal on eBay. Plus, with a SSD I had lying around and a 2GB memory upgrade, it doesn't feel as weak and slow as other netbooks. If I used it more, I would definitely look at something faster.
 
Well Im at work right now and I just finished install w7 pro. God this thing is fast. when I get home tonite Ill pop the HDD in the net book and see how it goes from there.
 
So I got home popped in the SSD and Im getting a startup error message. Any Ideas? If not I guess Ill be investing in a new notebook.
 
Last edited:
Probably installed it in AHCI and the netbook is set for IDE.
&lt;br /&gt;<br />

Wow.......swing and a miss. Shouldnt assume guy. 1st rule of Helpdesk.

Anywho. It didnt work when I had it set for ACHI Compatible or ACHI enhanced. After that I then tried to get it to work in IDE mode.

It was formatted and ran on a dell optiplex 380. I was able to reboot multiple times and it worked flawlessly.

Ill try an intel SSD and see where that gets me. Done some reasearch and apparently Im not the only one with this issue with that specifc SSD and netbook combo. No loss I still have a working ssd for my desktop.
Oh shit I found the solution. Theres an upgrade from firmware 3.02 to 3.55 and now it works. Heres hoping I dont have such a damn hard tiem with the intel SSD.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU I was clearing out the unneeded stuff from my fresh install then it went into startup repair all I just removed everything but the .net framework... This is a pain. Also kinda fun.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top