Maximum PC $4.50 per year!

The MaxPC coupon doesn't seem to work anymore. Anyone have any other codes to try?

Anyone got theirs yet? it said 4-6 weeks. I bought 2 yrs of Wired and renewed for 2 years of Max PC. Ive yet to get the wired and my max pc is about to run out.

Anyone got theirs yet? it said 4-6 weeks. I bought 2 yrs of Wired and renewed for 2 years of Max PC. Ive yet to get the wired and my max pc is about to run out.

How long will it take for me to receive my first subscription?
As a general rule, allow between 4-12 weeks for your first issue to commence. This time frame is industry standard. In general, you can expect titles which are published more frequently to arrive quicker than titles published quarterly, for example. Also keep in mind that some magazine publishers pre-print mailing labels in advance in order to save them some money, and in some cases this can delay the arrival of your first issue. If you're experiencing a problem with the delivery of a magazine, simply contact us and we'll look into your order right away.

I get mine from discountmagazines.com for a similar price. I know some of these mag shops are shady and I trust discountmagazines.com as I have received excellent service from them. They have a lower every day price as I bought a 3 year for about 17 i think.

I know people bitch that pcgamer and maximum pc suck nowaday but it is WELL worth the 5 bux for 12 issues. I love having both of these magazines available for marathon loaf pinching sessions!

Got my hopes up when I saw this thread bumped up. :(

I want to renew my subscription!

I bit on one of these deals last year, I have to say I've really enjoyed MAXIMUM PC. The only magazine I read that I'd actually renew at full price for.

I just got my MaxPC sub today. Offer's legit so I'm going to renew some more mags now!

used to read maximum pc, but it get's really stale as the hardware they review is usually at least a month old...

A month? Heh, I think you're being kind, they just managed to review the TRUE heatsink a couple of months ago, and it's been out what... A year or two? FWIW the reviews have always been kind of hit or miss (they're never detailed enough for one thing), the worst part is they often seem to be oblivious to hardware they haven't reviewed... Dunno if that's done on purpose or what, but I don't really subscribe for any of that.

Many of the how-to guides and main articles are what I really enjoy reading... The mods and troubleshooting columns are pretty entertaining/useful on occasion as well. Some of the reviews of more mainstream non-PC hardware are useful as well.

Anyone here read CPU? (Computer Power User) Kyle had a column in it for a while and Anand still does... They've got a couple other good columnists tho it seems they've lost some, but it's definitely more PC hardware-minded and techie (lots more stuff on OC'ing, NAS, etc.) than MaximumPC.

got the first mag a couple weeks ago; about ~7 weeks waiting time for me.

Still waiting on my Maximum PC sub date to be pushed back as well as my first Wired issue.

If they had something like this for EDGE Magazine I would be all over it. As it stands I have not gotten any of the 4 magazines I ordered 6 weeks ago yet.

Maximum PC
PC Gamer
PSM
Wired

However my EDGE Magazine arrived 4 weeks after my order and it is a British magazine shipped here.

BTW EDGE Magazine is pretty much the de-facto adult videogame magazine in my opinion. Everything else is garbage at worst and toilet reading at best. They used to be "Next-Generation Magazine" a long time ago. There format never really changed.

Next Gen was the greatest magazine to ever grace this green earth. A moment of silence for the departed.

does this code still work?

EDIT* nvm doesn't work anymore. :(

How shocking - The code from a 9 month old thread doesn't work anymore???

Thanks for wasting my time with this stupid thread bump. That's what I get for not checking the date of the thread.

I'm enjoying my Maximum PC and Wired subs, but that free sub to Maxim promo wasn' appearantly not honored.

Did anyone else get their Maxim through the promo listed in this thread?

Nice job on the bumpage, I got all excited and got my credit card out. Only to be hit with damn, 9 month old thread.....Fail

I got my Maxim from last years and renewed on the recent one.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

i got my years sub with this deal..but im moving next month..who do i contact to change the mailing address??

Best Deal Magazines has a 1 year subscription for $5.95:

http://www.bestdealmagazines.com/title.asp?title=MAXIMUM+PC

You can use the coupon code RENEW16 to take another 16% off that price. They also have a few other coupon codes going.

Take $5 off $30 - Coupon Code RENEW30
Take $7.50 off $40 - Coupon Code RENEW40
Take $10 off $50 - Coupon Code RENEW50

I just renewed my Maximum PC subscription for $5.

I've used this site before for my initial Maximum PC sub and it went through fine. It took a while for the first issue to get to me though, so be prepared to wait.

Yeah it took me a while to get my first issue as well. Good magazine though, toilet reader lol :p

and the thread comes back full circle as i renew!!!
thanks for the link King....

sweet 5 bucks, not to far off the original deal!

http://www.bestdealmagazines.com/title.asp?title=MAXIMUM+PC

You can use the coupon code RENEW16 to take another 16% off that price. They also have a few other coupon codes going.

Take $5 off $30 - Coupon Code RENEW30
Take $7.50 off $40 - Coupon Code RENEW40
Take $10 off $50 - Coupon Code RENEW50

I just renewed my Maximum PC subscription for $5.

I've used this site before for my initial Maximum PC sub and it went through fine. It took a while for the first issue to get to me though, so be prepared to wait.

How is this magazine? Any comments about it?

Subscribe now! Its worth $20 a year IMHO.....I think the normal price is $12 a year

PC Gamer has improved over the past few months as well. They appear to be adding more meaty content to their articles and it just looks better IMHO. If you PC game check it out.

How is this magazine? Any comments about it?
This magazine is probably my 2nd favorite for PC's right after CPU MAG. I wet my pants when I receive a CPU mag, but It's $30 a year. There are almost never any deals on them.

Scary policies you must agree to before purchase:
"As a Best Deal Magazines anonymous customer you are receiving a marketing promotion from Vintage Superstore. Therefore you solicit (opt-in) e-mails or mailings with special offers from ourselves, from Vintage Superstore or others who Best Deal Magazines considers as having offers of interest to you as a magazine reader."

"As a Best Deal Magazines customer you do grant us permission to send you emails or mailings with special offers from ourselves, from Vintage Superstore or others who Best Deal Magazines considers as having offers of interest to you as a magazine reader."

"Best Deal Magazines may use and disclose the personal information that it collects for a number of purposes, including: ... (iv) marketing and promotional efforts by or on behalf of Best Deal Magazines and Vintage Superstore."

Maximum PC is alright, their reviews are usually way too late to be worth much (or not detailed enough) but their tutorials and main articles are pretty useful sometimes... CPU mag (Computer Power User) is better as far as actual content though, pretty good columns (Anand writes one of 'em) and a lil' meatier and even more enthusiast geared than Maximum PC. (more articles on OC'ing, DIY systems, volt mod'ing, etc.) They don't cover as many gadgets as Maximum PC, I'd guess.

I remember Maximum PC ranting on Vista and UAC for pages when it came out... as if you couldn't turn it off with 3 clicks...

I ditched them after that, they where too annoying and opinionated. Maybe they changed.

Back