Max Payne 3

Florin22xxl

Limp Gawd
Anyone else feels dissapointed about this game too?its been so many years,why couldnt they just make a good sequel to this awsome series.....the action should take place in new york,in winter ,and max should wear a suit and a tie....wtf is with this balled ,hawaii wearing shirt guy.....i am srry but max payne 3 has nothing to do with max payne series,they should have just named it differently, it would have been ok.I hope the game gets bashed more than ME 3 ending :( been watching the trailers ,yes it has some nice features but i just dont know why they call it Max Payne 3 :mad:
In my opoinion games that have made history should stay true to what was best about them,and continue where the story left off,not completly change everything except bullet time lol people who believe this game is true the max payne series have definaltly not played the Max Payne games....

Umm no,

The thing about Max Payne was that it had a story, a really dirty messed up story. Which made me love it. Bullet time was icing on the cake sure but it didn't make the game.

Video games are becoming (if they haven't already) a way to tell a huge colorful interactive story. And while I loved the first 2 max payne titles, I (along with lots of other people) don't want to pay 60 dollars to run around the same snowy dark alleyways I've already explored.

If they kept MP3 in NY for this game, what would the game be? 8 hours of him sitting around drinking himself to death over the loss of his family?

Why don't you wait for a review, maybe hear what the story is about before you go off judging the game when nobody here has even the slightest clue what it's about.

Will I buy it? That depends on the reviews.

You guys are a bunch of negative nancies before you've even seen or played a game. Go replay #1 and #2 if you have a problem with a change of location for the 3rd one. I for one will enjoy the third chapter.

I have little doubt that this will be a good game but I have a lot of doubt it will be a good Max Payne game. Rockstar has never done a game like Max Payne before.

While I would have preferred NY in the winter time, a game doesn't have to be set there to be a "noir."

The city it's based on is still a dirty crime ridden city, the point of the story is that Max himself was trying to get away from it all, from everything that happened to him.

While I would have preferred NY in the winter time, a game doesn't have to be set there to be a "noir."

The city it's based on is still a dirty crime ridden city, the point of the story is that Max himself was trying to get away from it all, from everything that happened to him.

Yeah but what history does Rockstar have doing Noir ?

Yeah but what history does Rockstar have doing Noir ?
Before Remedy made Max Payne they made this:

943189848d1256243202-free-game-death-rally-death-rally-1208857851.4.jpg

I found a preview video that makes me think there is a good chance it won't be horrible. The main focus was on the animation engine(which looks pretty good) but there's some other tidbits of information thrown in, like no regenerating health.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ9-lS7KyJ8

Just checked out the vid. Pretty encouraging info here.

For everyone concerned about no "noir" setting in the game, take a look at 3:44 in the vid. Looks like a snowy level from the first.

I found a preview video that makes me think there is a good chance it won't be horrible. The main focus was on the animation engine(which looks pretty good) but there's some other tidbits of information thrown in, like no regenerating health.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ9-lS7KyJ8
minute 4 "if u love action keep this firmly in your sights",this is a ball bracker imo.The first 2 games were about the story,the monologs,the feeling u got while playing it,and the fun u had while shooting people in slow motion,in all the trailers i saw till now i only saw the action NOTHING else....remind me of how ubisoft ruined Splinter Cell,they took everything that was fun about it : stealth ! and they made it an action flick.Max Payne 3 looks like just another console action flick,i guess it will be full of cover places LOL,..it might be a good action game,but why call it Max Payne 3?

I'm excited to see what they've done with the animation system (I've always been impressed with it from GTA4) and the direction they take with the story. Not sure why people seem so down on this...

haha i like what you did there.

in all honesty though, we don't know what they have ultimately done with the story. it's not like he's riding around in a barbie corvette - there are even flashbacks to earlier times when he looks identical to how he did in the first two! seems like an overreaction to something that hasn't been fully fleshed out? a little irrational, at least at this point.

Personally, I like what I've seen so far. An overweight, aging and balding Max Payne gives it some reality. Better than the unrealistic, muscle bound, picture perfect heroes you mostly see in games these days.

Plus, it's not the only Max Payne we're going to see in the game. There are different time periods and I'm sure there will be plenty of flashbacks and flash forwards.

Max has had a shit life. It's no wonder he looks all beat up and grisly :)

Main thing is that the game mechanics are well balanced and optimised, which I am sure they will be.

minute 4 "if u love action keep this firmly in your sights",this is a ball bracker imo.The first 2 games were about the story,the monologs,the feeling u got while playing it,and the fun u had while shooting people in slow motion,in all the trailers i saw till now i only saw the action NOTHING else....remind me of how ubisoft ruined Splinter Cell,they took everything that was fun about it : stealth ! and they made it an action flick.Max Payne 3 looks like just another console action flick,i guess it will be full of cover places LOL,..it might be a good action game,but why call it Max Payne 3?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQVSi8qzcIc

My initial reaction when they announced it was definitely "well that's going to suck, what a waste of time", but I have to admit after getting over the initial scepticism I'm actually quite looking forward to it.

Iv been keeping up on MP3 and all the new features videos etc.

I am REALLY looking foward to this game. I spent so many hours playing MP1 and 2, with the Kung Fu mod.

The Multiplayer.....well im not 100% sure on, but I am buying this game for the Single Player.

I love the Max Payne games, probably two of my top five games ever so I am really looking forward to Max Payne 3.

But at the same time I am really apprehensive they are going to fuck this game up, the likely hood that they will dumb down or make the game common denominator easy is pretty likely.

Anyone else feels dissapointed about this game too?its been so many years,why couldnt they just make a good sequel to this awsome series.....the action should take place in new york,in winter ,and max should wear a suit and a tie....wtf is with this balled ,hawaii wearing shirt guy.....

I am bald, but sadly, not balled to often :(

Anyone else feels dissapointed about this game too?its been so many years,why couldnt they just make a good sequel to this awsome series.....the action should take place in new york,in winter ,and max should wear a suit and a tie....wtf is with this balled ,hawaii wearing shirt guy.....i am srry but max payne 3 has nothing to do with max payne series,they should have just named it differently, it would have been ok.I hope the game gets bashed more than ME 3 ending :( been watching the trailers ,yes it has some nice features but i just dont know why they call it Max Payne 3 :mad:
In my opoinion games that have made history should stay true to what was best about them,and continue where the story left off,not completly change everything except bullet time lol people who believe this game is true the max payne series have definaltly not played the Max Payne games....

I am HUGE fan of max payne franchise. And I am really looking forward to max payne 3. It will be awesome game. You are obviously hater. Nothing else. It will be goo sequel. Here you are reasons: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-04-09-max-payne-3-is-f-ing-brilliant-says-remedy-ceo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTwgBrUK4ng
See? It will be amazing. And if you do not believe remedy, you are not fan of max payne.

In for "wait till reviews."

With that said I really hope this game is awesome.

I feel the same way. I'm one of the biggest max payne fans ever and put hundreds of hours into both mp1/2 with both mods and vanilla (especially mp2 dmw mode) and i still play them regularly. I just can't get excited over what rockstar has done to max payne and really don't like the new direction they went with. Excellent animations aside the graphics look pretty poor and the textures are low resolution for everything other than max payne him self and the lighting looks extremely basic. After playing Alan Wake and seeing how much better it looks than mp3 it makes me sad that remedy isn't making it.
max-payne-3-20120301092148728.jpg

I feel the same way. I'm one of the biggest max payne fans ever and put hundreds of hours into both mp1/2 with both mods and vanilla (especially mp2 dmw mode) and i still play them regularly. I just can't get excited over what rockstar has done to max payne and really don't like the new direction they went with. Excellent animations aside the graphics look pretty poor and the textures are low resolution for everything other than max payne him self and the lighting looks extremely basic. After playing Alan Wake and seeing how much better it looks than mp3 it makes me sad that remedy isn't making it.

Graphics looks poor? low textures? Then watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEFQ...DvjVQa1PpcFNiqixtTbtxFc0hb2QdZPDm8hca0FfcboM=

Was that supposed to blow me away? Looks like your average console game that comes out today. Try pausing throughout the video and take a closer look at the environments. They are very low resolution. It has a very dated look to it, take a game like resident evil 5 looks way better then this and it came out like 3 years ago.

The PC is getting better graphics then the consoles. DX11 and a few other bells and whistles. That is why PC is released 2 weeks after PC.

Have hope

Was that supposed to blow me away? Looks like your average console game that comes out today. Try pausing throughout the video and take a closer look at the environments. They are very low resolution. It has a very dated look to it, take a game like resident evil 5 looks way better then this and it came out like 3 years ago.

I am Pc player. So im getting max payne 3 on PC. And it is like DASHIT said. Max Payne 3 will be best on PC. I mean with full DirectX 11 support and tessellation aplenty and support for Nvidia's 3D Vision technology it will be great.
http://media.rockstargames.com/screenshots/maxpayne3-2020-1920.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/dlc

June 2012
Local Justice Map Pack

Summer 2012
Disorganized Crime Map Pack
Deathmatch Made In Heaven Mode Pack
Hostage Negotiation Map Pack
New York Minute Co-Op Pack

Fall 2012
Painful Memories Map Pack
Trickle Down Economics Map Pack

Yay for $DLC :rolleyes:

Guess I will just wait for the GotY edition to hit steam/amazon for $5 to $10. DLC sure saves me a lot of money :cool:

It looks so different from Max Payne 1&2 that they could have called it something else and there would be almost no indication to the gamers from what we've seen so far that it has any ties to the franchise at all.

It's a huge disappointment in terms of wanting a new Max Payne game which is true to the originals, but on the other hand it doesn't mean the game is going to be bad, if you can mentally set aside the fact that it basically has nothing to do with Max Payne 1&2 and just appreciate it for what it is, I'm fairly sure it's going to be a cool game, Rockstar rarely disappoint.

I totally disagree with all you've said, it uses the same voice actor, follows the story from MP2, and there are load of screens of Dark NY, just like the first 2 games, not to mention it uses the trademark pills instead of regen health, and the UI is practically exactly the same as the first 2 games also.

If they would have rehashed the same setting of the first two games, on release the critics would have probably slammed them for taking the easy route and gamers would probably have said 'omg Reskinned MaX paYNe preOrdER cancelldddddd' lol.

Also Remedy publicly said that 'it's amazing' and that's obviously a good sign.

I totally disagree with all you've said, it uses the same voice actor, follows the story from MP2, and there are load of screens of Dark NY, just like the first 2 games, not to mention it uses the trademark pills instead of regen health, and the UI is practically exactly the same as the first 2 games also.

If they would have rehashed the same setting of the first two games, on release the critics would have probably slammed them for taking the easy route and gamers would probably have said 'omg Reskinned MaX paYNe preOrdER cancelldddddd' lol.

Also Remedy publicly said that 'it's amazing' and that's obviously a good sign.

"It's not a real Max Payne game, because there are day-time levels and Max is bald."

haha. yeah, that's a really lame argument that I'm hearing so much of recently.

He's not always bald either, if you watch the trailer he has a crazy moment when he is drunk and fucked up and shaves his head.

@Yourgrandma, I missed your post, LOL, you're looking at the wrong screens buddy, try these on for size:

mp3_pc_1_1335196262.jpg

mp3_pc_3_1335196413.jpg

mp3_pc_2_1335196341.jpg

maxpayne3-2029-2560.jpg

maxpayne3-2022-1920.jpg

Seems like they are trying to sell all the DLC at once before the players realized that the multiplayer community is dead 6 months later :p

I don't see multiplayer being a strong point of a game like this.

MP map packs don't interest me, I don't think I'll bother with the MP in this game. I do like the sound of a CO-OP DLC though.

whats up with the Leafs in the last picture from above?wasnt this suposed to have some high game requirments?looks 1999 to me.

Back