Max Payne 3 design and technology trailer.

BETA.

2[H]4U
The game is looking like it's holding up pretty well and true to the previous games, despite being developed by Rockstar instead of Remedy. The game mechanic hasn't changed alot, i.e. adding necessary elements, taking away elements. Instead, Rockstar takes the core MP 1 & 2 core and improves on it. I really like the 360 prone shooting, and would like to see this implemented in FPS shooters. I think 360 prone shooting would be perfect in a game like BF3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3KK0Z-rzlw

OK. I'm glad I saw that, because I can actually find the Max Payne games I loved in years past in that video.

The last trailer or whatever we saw was a steaming pile. I'm still not sure about the tropic locales and etc, and I hope the gritty noir style comes through as well as it did in previous games. Bottom line, I have more hope for this game now than I did after watching the first video.

Looks hopeful. The old MP games were top notch. Like the new combat system. Looks fun to play. Thanks for the link.

Not too happy about the cover system... but at least they kept painkillers in it. Adding regen health would be a deal breaker.

It does look fun, though they still have to get the atmosphere right.

looks quite nice imo actually. They seem to be putting a lot of effort into it. The vid was impressive alone.

Definite pre-order. PC for sure this time around. The trailer sold it very well.

If Rockstar doesn't flub the PC version or half-ass it, I just may buy it. Looks fun.

Looks like it's shaping up to be something good. If there's no comic strip story line, I'm going to be a little disappointed.

doesnt look good imo. looks generic. animations are nto even on par with uncharted 3 and the game looks like it has lost its dark gritty settings.

Not too happy about the cover system... but at least they kept painkillers in it. Adding regen health would be a deal breaker.

It does look fun, though they still have to get the atmosphere right.

What do you mean by regen health? Like if they added it you would buy it? Nothing wrong with 100hp, health scattered - good luck.

doesnt look good imo. looks generic. animations are nto even on par with uncharted 3 and the game looks like it has lost its dark gritty settings.

Agreed on that a bit, never minded how max payne looked in general - it's the story that made me love the game 100x more than the gameplay.

What do you mean by regen health? Like if they added it you would buy it? Nothing wrong with 100hp, health scattered - good luck.
No. I mean if they removed painkillers to add regen health, it would immediately be DOA for me. I am so sick of regenerating health. Takes all of the challenge out of games.

I want to look forward to it, but I really have no faith that Rockstar will make the PC version worth buying. It looks good so far though.

regen health would be a buzz kill (not a deal kill though) It would change the way the game feels.
Write to them and complain. ask for some other way to regain health (pain killers work)

That said, I think the trailer looks great, the character does feel fluid in motions. SO maybe their graphics are not the best, but they did spend time of developing a great engine for fluidity of movement, which so many games still lack. I was very impressed with the 360 arc you can shoot from the floor. I think maybe Brink tried to do something similar, but in a not fun way.

I see this fluid motion as being a bigger part of all the games that will be developed in the future.
Good job on that. But I will write to them and ask for no regen health. nothing noir about that.

No. I mean if they removed painkillers to add regen health, it would immediately be DOA for me. I am so sick of regenerating health. Takes all of the challenge out of games.

Oh thank god, I was gonna say, another PC gamer down the drain :p

Looking at the video there is a chance the game wont have regen. Looking at the health it doesn't move and there is a number in the middle of the body. My guess is that is the number of painkillers remaining.

Looking at the video there is a chance the game wont have regen. Looking at the health it doesn't move and there is a number in the middle of the body. My guess is that is the number of painkillers remaining.

Rockstar confirmed there is no regenerating health - painkillers is still how health recovery is handled, and will apparently factor into the story as well.

Rockstar confirmed there is no regenerating health - painkillers is still how health recovery is handled, and will apparently factor into the story as well.
Yep. That's all I was trying to get at. Thank god they made the right decision there!

Back