Max Keyboard - Backlit Mechanical Keyboard Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might want to look a little closer, monoprice has a good business model and I love their cables, but they do cut quite a bit of quality in the details to get that Walmart bottom dollar price. Of course you have to decide if those details are important to "you" the buyer

I have heard the the max keyboards use much higher quality internals over the monoprice, but I can not confirm how they are specifically different. I ordered my cherry mx red nighthawk, came out to $119 plus tax and shipping :)

I have PM'ed all those people on the list their codes :D

If anyone else would like to participate in the group buy please PM me there are a couple spots left

I'll be your friend! :)

Lol, my friend is the godfather of my child and vice versa.

Anyway, Thanks for the code. Two customized Keyboards for 284.50 shipped! Woot... $0.50 left in paypal! HAHAHA

Super excited for a new KB since my current WASD keys dont give feedback since the membrane is ripped on those keys.

Last edited:
I have heard the the max keyboards use much higher quality internals over the monoprice, but I can not confirm how they are specifically different. I ordered my cherry mx red nighthawk, came out to $119 plus tax and shipping :)

I have PM'ed all those people on the list their codes :D

If anyone else would like to participate in the group buy please PM me there are a couple spots left

just sent you a PM

Are the O-rings worth it? I hear conflicting reports...

I think I'm also leaning on Browns over Blues.

Yeah...I saw that, which has me leaning towards Browns (I do some gaming, but not a lot, and hardly any FPS/RTS).

I ended up going with the semicustom Nighthawk X8 (w/ Cherry MX browns), white back lights with red WASD and it ended up only $126.39! Should look great with my LANBOY AIR Red and red case lighting.

This is about ballpark for my DAS Keyboard Pro S (actually a little cheaper!) and my DAS doesn't have any backlighting at all (though it's great as a regular keyboard).

Just got an email from max keyboard, only 4 people have used their codes so far. I was told if the others do not order soon the codes will be canceled :/

Ok so now 6 people have claimed the codes

I have been told that the codes will expire this Sunday so please do hurry :)

Just got this from max keyboards...
"The products have been sent out to you"' along with the UPS tracking number

Should be 7 orders placed now. Took me a while to decide. Went with a X7 Nighthawk Semi-Custom (MX blue switches), and went with pretty much the identical LED color scheme as shown in the first example pic. Also went for the o-rings (installed) and the 5ft USB extension cable. The group discount saved me close to 40 bones. Nice!

I'm going to use mine tonight when I get off workt, didn't realize we had to
Use the code by a time limit. Also what do the orings do?

O-rings dampen the sound made when you bottom out (which is really loud on mechanical keyboards).

O-rings dampen the sound made when you bottom out (which is really loud on mechanical keyboards).

trying to complete this order, where is the customization link to add the orings? I can't seem to find it?

thanks for the help, sorry for the noobish behavior

Got mine today, excellent keyboard. Just wish I went with browns or blues, these reds are way to soft :/

trying to complete this order, where is the customization link to add the orings? I can't seem to find it?

thanks for the help, sorry for the noobish behavior

Under products -> keyboard accessories you should find o-rings. If you want them installed with the keyboard (as opposed to installing them yourself), there's an drop-down menu that gives you the option.

Under products -> keyboard accessories you should find o-rings. If you want them installed with the keyboard (as opposed to installing them yourself), there's an drop-down menu that gives you the option.

thanks, figured it out, after the orings, and wonderful CA tax, and shipping, mine came out @ 154 shipped for the blue X7,

first mechanical keyboard, appreciate the effort the GB, and the vendor for putting it together, hope its a great keyboard

also for clarity, this DOES come with the foam rest pad included right? I saw it in the accessories drop down, but it was also in the keyboard native description. I certainly hope so

Got mine today, excellent keyboard. Just wish I went with browns or blues, these reds are way to soft :/

Glad I went with blues... I have a Rosewill (newegg) board with blues that I use at work and love those keys, but it is LOUD! (Luckily I'm in an office and not a cube, so I'm not driving folks around me crazy.)

At home I've got a Filco with brown switches - and while it's a really nice, quiet keyboard, it just isn't tactile enough for my tastes... leaves me wanting more. I almost went for Cherry Reds on my order, but I really like the clack and the extreme tactile feedback the blue switches deliver. I'm thinking that blues with o-rings installed will be a perfect match for me.

Hey guys, no one is even a little in trouble or anything, but just a reminder that group buys aren't permitted here. They're too likely to erupt into problems based on past experiences. The only exception we've ever made is for Valve 4-Packs in FS/FT.

The [H]ot Deals rules are at the top of the forum, no group buys is #4.

Oh and that keyboard kicks major ass. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back