Masta Blasta

Defyant

Limp Gawd
Was looking to go back to good o'l air cooling with this mod.

heres the case i started with.... the sons old athlon sys.

oldcase.jpg

after a full strip down a chassis and panel respray, some super cooling with 9 new 240v fans added and a full compliment of new hardware....heres what i ended up with...

IMG_4239.jpg

IMG_4240.jpg

IMG_4246.jpg

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4263.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg

IMG_4271.jpg

Looks nice although I think it would look much better without the light up trim on the front edges.

Uh, how about 24V, not 240V?

If they were 240V, where do you have them plugged into? I see no 240V line running out of that system.

wtf? 24v!!!! talk about over volting.........where do you get 24v from? better yet where do you get 24v fans from?

Nice work... once again... you don't cease to impress! What do the three power switches in the back do? Aux / Masta / Blasta ? (going to guess: one for machine power, one for fans, and one for lighting?)

cheers revenant :) they control the fans, Master turns on the 7 main "mains 240v" fans (6 x 80mm 1 x 90mm)..... Blasta turns on the 2 x 120mm side mounted fans.

Aux was an extra switch installed incase more fans are added later or some 240v lighting.

w00t. Nice! That's smart to run a seperate switch for the side fans. Keep the noise down when they are not needed. :)

BTW - the name sorta reminds me of that old 8bit nintendo game, Master Blaster. heh...

WOW that case is sick.
eek.gif

It's a very clean build..

can you make me one? JK
wink.gif

I wanna see proof that hose are 240V fans. As I stated above, I see no 220V power cord running out of your system. And also, that would be EXTRMEMLY dangerous and unneccessary.

That case did turn out nice, and I think it looks great. I just totally disgree that those are 240V fans.

awww i was really hoping for a case mod based on ThunderDome..... like a cage with weapons lining it or something... like a short guy riding on the shoulders of a big guy in a metal mask...

i would like you to change the title so it would not give up hope for those reading it and looking for a ThunderDome mod.

SarverSystems said:
I wanna see proof that hose are 240V fans. As I stated above, I see no 220V power cord running out of your system. And also, that would be EXTRMEMLY dangerous and unneccessary.

That case did turn out nice, and I think it looks great. I just totally disgree that those are 240V fans.

You must have missed the little power cord hookup on the bottom right of the back side, where the switches are. Necessity has nothing to do with bragging rights.

SarverSystems said:

Sure hes not in europe?

Im saying that because they DO make 120V fans for the US. Infact I own a few of them. They are just like 12V fans except the blades are a little thicker. They move around the same amounts of air as well (in some cases more).

Very clean understated elegance. I like the details you've chosen and the way you did them. Fantastic job.........cheers.

An excellent job!

Sometimes simple is more, many of us tend to forget that in the never ending hunt for the most 'bling' or wow factor on a case. I'm impressed!

I like it but the 240V fans are completely unnecessary and overly dangerous. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Very nice. Exceptionaly clean looking.
Would love to see some more shots of the front LCD mod and the mesh on the lower front.
How did you get the blue leds into the PS ?

SarverSystems said:
Ah. I see it now.

I was looking for a big-ass dryer cord hanging out the back.

A dryer cord would be 30 or 40 AMP NOT volts, have 3 or 4 big prongs, and would draw 110V/208V. Something you would find driving a SAN or a PDU in a DC.

Adisharr said:
Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

???
Well i'm sure he can justify using those 240v fans...even if he can't, its still all in the spirit of modding...
Nice clean mod btw! sleek!

the case is nice but how come we cant see the other side of the case?
im assumin its butchered.
;)

I fail to see how a 240v fan is dangerous since thats the Mains line in europe. I see it actually being very practical because you can keep cooling the computer even after its shut down, i never understood why the fans dont spin for another minute or so since power is still going through the psu, and they can cool down all the components and prevent nasty heatbuild up.

Nice mod, you took that case from the dumps to the uh...good place.

And yes, there are PSU's with fans that keep going after its off, like my enermax ;)

Where did you get that Windows desktop image?

Can you post where you got it from...

Thanks

It's not just Europe that has 240V mains, there's also China, Singapore, Austrailia and New Zealand.

Keeping in mind that the fans are running off the mains, the input will be AC 240V (as apposed to the alternative 12V DC) which means the fans are brushless, which also means less noise, more reliable, and AC fans tent to be better balanced.

There is nothing dangerous about it, its a damn good idea, and AC fans are really easy to find.

Deimos said:
It's not just Europe that has 240V mains, there's also China, Singapore, Austrailia and New Zealand.

Keeping in mind that the fans are running off the mains, the input will be AC 240V (as apposed to the alternative 12V DC) which means the fans are brushless, which also means less noise, more reliable, and AC fans tent to be better balanced.

There is nothing dangerous about it, its a damn good idea, and AC fans are really easy to find.
There you go :) The main points all are highlighted in there. Many server cases I have seen hold the 120V fans, so do many guitar amps and such I have seen. Yes they run a little faster but they do wouk damn well!

Also I have never understood why fans dont run for a minute or 2 after the computers off, that heat just doesnt magically dissipate.

Why don't the fans run after shutting the system down?

I can explain that.

When you shut down the power source to the computer, it no longer is generating heat, therefore no longer needs to be actively cooled. It isn't going to get any hotter if the heat source is shut off, so no cooling source is needed either.

If you are really anal about it, someone makes a device that connects to your fans to keep them powered on for a set period time then shuts them off.

Also, some power supplies (Super Flower comes to mind) have huge-ass 140mm fans in them that remain on after a few minutes, then slowly power down. It even has a blinking LED to indicate when they are in power down mode.

@ aku12 what case is that? it was a combo of 2 similar cases.... the front was an "icute" case i think from mem...brought it a few yrs back.

@ adisharr , im sorry you feel that way mate, i feel the exact opposite...

@ BoBo007 will do :) more pics comming up.

@honkee sure mate more piccys comming.

@ madcow235, cheers mate...

@ turbo thru news groups mate :) alt.bina spiderman :)

@ Deimos your the man! TYVM ..its the same conclusion that we made after maybe 5 or more different setups using this 9 fan combo.

This PC is smooooth...its quiet.....and since its overclocked to the relms of sillyness by the owner...it is now cool and reliable too! when hes @ lans he simply has to switch the side blasta fans on and the cpu drops 5+ degrees nps... when the blasters are on theres 240+ cfm being pumped into the case and the 7 smaller fans do struggle to move this much air..... a full side mesh window that acts like an exhaust port was installed to cope.

Even compared to the quietest 120mm 100+ cfm 12v fans the side balsta's are not overly noisy in this mode.

Harry ( the lucky new owner) also is looking to upgrade soon the SLI so there will also be less load on the cpu when all fans are on.

Masta Blasta was built for LANS stinking hot places where most ppl end up clocking thyr aircooled pcs back to standard speeds .....

I'm hoping Masta Blasta will Defy this and keep Hazza in good Gaming steed as he goes thru his weekend warrior madness.

The fans were brought from jaycar :D

Again thanx for the great comments guys and i was honored to make the front page as well, cheers Kyle.

i'll get a few worklog piccys posted soon.

Damn nice set up!
All I can say is keep it up.
That is a very clean mod!

Back