Mass Effect: Andromeda

New video giving a sneak peek to the 7 golden worlds, presumably these are the 7 planets you can land on.

Last edited:
Only 7 planets will be disappointing, unless there's a ton to explore on each of them.

If this article is anything goes to go by, content sounds encouraging.

that article got me even more hyped...and I was already beyond hyped...sucks that the Ringed City (final Dark Souls 3 DLC) is coming out exactly 1 week later...no way will I be finished with Andromeda in 1 week...they should have released Ringed City 1 week earlier then Andromeda

It's taking all of my willpower not to pre-order it now. Been burned too many times to count though.

I thought that Bioware did a pretty good job with Dragon Age: Inquisition as far as balancing fetch quests, exploration and interesting side quests. I played quite a lot of that game (but did ignore shards and other pure fetch crap). The one thing I'm worried about is that I played Witcher 3 after DA:I and not sure if I would've enjoyed DA as much after how good Witcher 3 was.

If they have tilted it more toward story with ME:A I will be happy. The trailers are very encouraging, it looks amazingly polished as far as world design and combat. If they nail the story I am sold.

Damn that looks amazing. Seeing the actual system through the ships windows is a little thing but pretty badass.

Bring it on Bioware, bring it on!

Damn that looks amazing. Seeing the actual system through the ships windows is a little thing but pretty badass.

Bring it on Bioware, bring it on!

Yea, I saw that listed in the notes somewhere and thought 'whatever'. But in the video clip is was awesome looking.

If this article is anything goes to go by, content sounds encouraging.

some parts of that article which really got me hyped...

"Though Andromeda departs from Shepard’s Milky Way adventure, some story beats that were massively important to the original trilogy do come into play in the new galaxy — the genophage wasn’t magically cured during the trip, after all"

" From the new squadmates to random people I encountered on the Nexus, everyone had something to say. It’s obvious that a lot of care was put into writing even the most minor engineers and colonists"

"I was impressed with how even the smallest actions have nuanced consequences. At one point I talked with my human squadmate Cora about dragons, and not long after Ryder saw a huge beast flying in the sky. Ryder then brought up conversation they had with Cora to their other human companion, Liam. Had I not taken the time to talk to Cora previously I wouldn’t have experienced that. Sure, it’s not revolutionary or even remotely important to the story, but it gives capability of caring about things other than what I dictate"

"The number of powers and their skill trees is a little overwhelming, but I’d much prefer them over a simpler RPG system that limits customization"

"One of my favorite parts of being in this galaxy was how it felt like it lived without me"

The Genophage is the only plot point I'm concerned about- they already have quantum entanglement communication- the cure should be onboard when they come out of the long sleep. Or at least I hope it's dealt with well (even if it's that the other races covered it up).

some parts of that article which really got me hyped...

Agreed on all points. Another statement made that I was glad to hear was:

You want Ryder to act like the beloved Commander Shepard? Make it so. Members of developer BioWare told me that player freedom is more important than ever in Andromeda, and it showed in every facet of the game I experienced during my nearly 10 hours of playtime.

The first few trailers had me feeling like this game's target audience had become 12-22 yr olds, only. The dialogue, behaviors and body language came across as immature over confidence and talk show drama. I threw up in my mouth a little.

I'm glad we have more say in our character's personality than that.

The first few trailers had me feeling like this game's target audience had become 12-22 yr olds, only. The dialogue, behaviors and body language came across as immature over confidence and talk show drama. I threw up in my mouth a little.

I'm glad we have more say in our character's personality than that.

I think that is just marketing fluff. But the "more relate-able" conversations will probably be welcomed, much like how the themes in ME2 were dumbed down and more generic but it made the game very popular among fans. The story and side missions were praised in ME2, yet the main story was fairly weak and brief. The character loyalty missions were fairly generic struggles and overplayed themes. The following characters all had "daddy issues" to sort out:

Miranda
Jacob
Jack
Thane (well, daddy-son issues)
Tali, to a lesser extent

Probably even some more I don't recall. It became painfully obvious partway through that the game was never going to live up to the first one from a narrative standpoint, but it was received so well.

The diolgue I've heard so far in Andromeda is even more cringe worthy. It is like Just Cause 3, but not tongue in cheek and is meant to be taken seriously.

I do hope the characters and their companions are more than high school kids with high school kid problems and conversations, but I can't help but feel it is all just marketing claiming "you have the choice".

I think that is just marketing fluff. But the "more relate-able" conversations will probably be welcomed, much like how the themes in ME2 were dumbed down and more generic but it made the game very popular among fans. The story and side missions were praised in ME2, yet the main story was fairly weak and brief. The character loyalty missions were fairly generic struggles and overplayed themes. The following characters all had "daddy issues" to sort out:

Miranda
Jacob
Jack
Thane (well, daddy-son issues)
Tali, to a lesser extent

Probably even some more I don't recall. It became painfully obvious partway through that the game was never going to live up to the first one from a narrative standpoint, but it was received so well.

The diolgue I've heard so far in Andromeda is even more cringe worthy. It is like Just Cause 3, but not tongue in cheek and is meant to be taken seriously.

I do hope the characters and their companions are more than high school kids with high school kid problems and conversations, but I can't help but feel it is all just marketing claiming "you have the choice".

Bioware is obsessed with characters that have daddy issues. I'm hoping that MEA sheds some of the BS & builds a strong storyline with deep characters.

Why a tiny reference to an alien race has Mass Effect Andromeda fans so excited

Mass Effect Andromeda won't include all of the familiar races from the Milky Way - we've known that for quite some time...but BioWare has been coy about the role - if any - of the quarians, the most high-profile race not along for the ride...Or, so fans thought...dialogue in BioWare's final Andromeda Initiative video, published last night, has confirmed "quarian colonists" as among those making the trip...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...andromeda-trailer-finally-references-quarians

Bioware is obsessed with characters that have daddy issues. I'm hoping that MEA sheds some of the BS & builds a strong storyline with deep characters.

More Garrus like characters. Easily the best companion character who under goes a lot of change in demeanor, formality and outlook on life over the three games. All of it stemming from something more interesting. Not entirely unique but that is impossible. But anything is better than daddy issues.

More Garrus like characters. Easily the best companion character who under goes a lot of change in demeanor, formality and outlook on life over the three games. All of it stemming from something more interesting. Not entirely unique but that is impossible. But anything is better than daddy issues.

Let's hope its not a steaming pile of SJW & neo-feminist BS as well. Strong beautiful women should be celebrated, not reduced to 2D personalities & claymation physiques.

Besides all of the drama, I am looking forward to seeing the exploration, landscapes, creatures, mysteries, combat, gear/weapon customization, romances, & characters. May this be the first of 3 very well made Mass Effect games.

I guess the game has Multiplayer I was in the dark about it wonder if it's team based PVP or objective.
Still not sold on the game I would look good on a ultrawide screen I bet.

Seconded, if they clean up the 'getting hung on a doorframe in cover until I die' it looks like it will be very worthwhile.

Seconded, if they clean up the 'getting hung on a doorframe in cover until I die' it looks like it will be very worthwhile.
That happened to me sometimes in ME2, or just got stuck on random objects. I didn't notice it too much on 3.

In multiplayer you would sometimes jump into cover at a door, and when I try to get out of cover, it just jumps you to the other side of the door. Back and forth I would dance for my pretty banshees.... They never approved. :(

I had a blast in ME3 multiplayer, it was fairly simplistic but addictingly fun, and stayed that way for me for a good while. It could get very difficult, fast.

Woot!

Can't look at game sites from work but hardrorum is fine.. Sometimes I wonder about the web filters. Sometimes I gotta bring in my laptop connect to our "gust" wifie and vpn to home to surf in peace.

Seems like they're trying to find a middle ground between DA:I and the original Mass Effect games.

Agreed. What is ironic is, the early parts of Andromeda will give both Ryder kids a reason to have daddy issues. Since I know there are those avoiding trailers and any kind of spoilers, so I'm going to tag the rest.

I hope it is not wasted. It would redeem my faith some if in the midst of all they are dealing with having to take over the role as Pathfinder, we get to experience them working through their grief stage by stage.

I wonder if the display section has the FOV & aspect ratio settings. Would be nice to see screenshots for that as well, but the graphics sections has a lot of options which is great.

Back