Limp Gawd
me4_1920.png

me4_2560.png

me4_3840.png

me4_vram.png

me4_proz.png

me4_ram.png

http://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/mass-effect-andromeda-test-gpu

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Mass-...55712/Specials/Mass-Effect-Andromeda-1223325/

According to the PCGH article, AMD GPUs get big gains with tessellation capped/disabled.

It can be worthwhile for Radeon owners to play around with the "Tessellation Mode" option because the effects on the frame rate are quite remarkable. In our test scene, the tessellation profile in the driver (setting "AMD optimized") leads to a picture rate of 44 / 53.2 Fps (min./avg.) Instead of 40 / 47.2 - an increase of almost 13 percent. If the driver completely disables the Tessellation (setting "Off"), the picture rate even increases to 51 / 59.5 Fps, +12% compared to the standard driver and +26% to the Tessellation required by the game .

On a Radeon R9 390 (Asus Strix, 1.050 MHz Kerntakt) the Tessellationoptimierung in the driver has a slightly stronger effect, we measure in Full HD at our benchmark the following values: 34 / 41.6 Fps (min./avg.) Instead Of 30 / 35.2 Fps. This corresponds to a gain of 18 percent. If you are using a graphic card with Hawaii GPU (R9 290 [X], 390 [X]), you should definitely pay attention to the tessellation switch in the driver to get higher picture rates.

Nice to see sli work so well...

This is why I will never go xfire/sli again. You have to hope they release drivers. Thats why from now on when I get a new card its a single card with the most performance.

Just my 0.02c.

This game runs smooth as butta with my sig below at 1080p!

Average of 68 with a min of 60 with an 1080 at 1440p?

I wouldn't mind that!

Looks good, a 1080ti should be close to 60FPS in 4K with a 40FPS minimum.

Nice to see sli work so well...

WTF?!?!?! It uses Frostbyte Engine and every Mass Effect game before it supported SLI....

I'm guessing they will add it in a future update but will scale terribly...

I'm probably not going to SLI anymore either, even though I like the look of it :(

think for my 1080ti everything maxxed except res scale i get prety decent fps :) not sure about avg but atleast 80-90 somewhere i think on 1440p

think for my 1080ti everything maxxed except res scale i get prety decent fps :) not sure about avg but atleast 80-90 somewhere i think on 1440p

Try the desert planet with that and also set the resolution scaling off.

Supposedly using the Battlefield 1 SLI profile enables both GPUs, but there are some glitches. Those with early access and two GPUs might want to give it a shot and report back.

Last edited:
looks like my 970 will get between 45-60 fps with Ultra settings at 1920 x 1200...was thinking about upgrading to a 1070 for Andromeda but I might stick with my 970

Supposedly using the Battlefield 1 SLI profile enables both GPUs, but there are some glitches. Those with early access and two GPUs might want to give it a shot and report back.

I'll give it a shot. Unfortunately, I've got less than 30 minutes remaining on my trial.

I'll give it a shot. Unfortunately, I've got less than 30 minutes remaining on my trial.

I used the Battlefield 1 profile with the game for a couple of minutes. WOW is all I can say for the performance increase in the game. It runs SO much better. Its smooth as shit basically maxed out now. There are some visual oddities, mostly resulting from scanning with the Omni-Tool. I'm on the desert planet where its running the worst which tells me that this is a software issue and we might very well see working SLI in this game. So lets hope for a good Game Ready driver for this fucker on release day.

I have also confirmed my theory about the resolution scaling setting. That is the internal rendering of the game. If you have it set for anything other than off or 1.00 than it will render it at a given res and then scale that to your actual native resolution.

I used the Battlefield 1 profile with the game for a couple of minutes. WOW is all I can say for the performance increase in the game. It runs SO much better. Its smooth as shit basically maxed out now. There are some visual oddities, mostly resulting from scanning with the Omni-Tool. I'm on the desert planet where its running the worst which tells me that this is a software issue and we might very well see working SLI in this game. So lets hope for a good Game Ready driver for this fucker on release day.

I have also confirmed my theory about the resolution scaling setting. That is the internal rendering of the game. If you have it set for anything other than off or 1.00 than it will render it at a given res and then scale that to your actual native resolution.
Very interesting, I guess there's hope. Thanks for testing that out.

Uncapped frame-rate is a mess on my setup, and I couldn't keep the frame-pacing under control once I got to Eos.

90 Hz lock was possible on High w/ Ultra Textures & Filtering, upscale off, up to that point.

Uncapped frame-rate is a mess on my setup, and I couldn't keep the frame-pacing under control once I got to Eos.

90 Hz lock was possible on High w/ Ultra Textures & Filtering, upscale off, up to that point.

I had smooth performance on my rig until I got there. Once I switched SLI profiles that wasn't a problem either. Some people have reported using Battlefield 1's profile works even if you aren't using SLI. Something is wrong with the current NVIDIA driver and that game.

I'm wowed by the system RAM in use. I guess that by the time I start and finish ME1-3 I can upgrade from 8GB to 16GB and not have to worry about it. Also good to know that the 2500k ins't going to be a problem, especially overlocked.

I havea 980ti and the numbers look good to me. I also have a Zen 1700X so I have tons of cores if the game pans out to work better with more cores.

This is one game I am extremely excited about.

My comment was based on that graph which shows no crossfire scaling. Good that you can enable it via command line; someone needs to tell the reviewer who posted that graph to enable it. :oldman:

does this game NEED to be so demanding on graphic cards?

Given the size of the maps, graphic detail, textures etc. I'd say so. It actually runs really good all things considered. I've been impressed by the sub-4K results I've seen on older GPUs. I've also been impressed with the 1080Ti SLI results. I can run that game and get good frame rates with everything absolutely maxed out save for on the Tempest. I have to put up with some frame rate drops while there. It's always when looking out windows on the ship. The rest of the time its fine. The Temporal AA looks fucking amazing. Its got some of the best AA in game I've seen. It needs more options besides three settings for sure, but ultimately it looks really good and the AA doesn't hit performance all that hard for what you get in return for visual quality.

I will probably just cap mine at 60. I am getting weird frame dips and it causes a stuttering. I think I'll just lock it. Not like the game wont feel smooth at 60.

I will probably just cap mine at 60. I am getting weird frame dips and it causes a stuttering. I think I'll just lock it. Not like the game wont feel smooth at 60.

Yeah, I ended up settling on 75Hz with Ultra except "HBAO". Could be a problem with the game / gsync, but dips greater than 3 or 4 frames cause stutter for me.

I had to drop to mostly medium settings to maintain 90Hz, and decided that wasn't worth it. Could be a CPU bottleneck there.

Yeah, I ended up settling on 75Hz with Ultra except "HBAO". Could be a problem with the game / gsync, but dips greater than 3 or 4 frames cause stutter for me.

I had to drop to mostly medium settings to maintain 90Hz, and decided that wasn't worth it. Could be a CPU bottleneck there.

oh thats also good to know cause I am using gsync.. idk about cpu bottleneck though cause my GPU is at 99% usage the entire time

I will cap the frames when I play later

Are you talking about using V-sync or is there another way to cap the frame rate.

Are you talking about using V-sync or is there another way to cap the frame rate.
EVGA Precision X OC, Rivatuner Statistics Server, or NVIDIA Inspector can limit FPS without using V-Sync. I think that ability was also added to NZXT CAM recently.

I found out that you can simply create a user.cfg file and throw it in the root of the Andromeda folder with the following command in it to limit the frame rate:

gametime.maxvariablefps 61

Alternatively, you can type this in from the console although that setting won't be retained if the game is restarted. Some games work with adaptive V-sync which may be a viable alternative as well. I haven't tried it with Andromeda.

Running this on a 1080TI and a 4770K I'm getting pretty much 70+ FPS the entire time with everything maxed out at least I think everything is maxed I'd have to double check. The only time my frame rate tanks is when I'm on a star ship, most of them have windows and the game renders what you can see in space whether it's planets, stars, debris fields.

I found out that you can simply create a user.cfg file and throw it in the root of the Andromeda folder with the following command in it to limit the frame rate:

gametime.maxvariablefps 61

Alternatively, you can type this in from the console although that setting won't be retained if the game is restarted. Some games work with adaptive V-sync which may be a viable alternative as well. I haven't tried it with Andromeda.

With RTSS you can set profiles per executable, if you want set and forget.

Running this on a 1080TI and a 4770K I'm getting pretty much 70+ FPS the entire time with everything maxed out at least I think everything is maxed I'd have to double check. The only time my frame rate tanks is when I'm on a star ship, most of them have windows and the game renders what you can see in space whether it's planets, stars, debris fields.

The rendering of the objects in space is why I can't use V-Sync with the game maxed out at 4K and I can everywhere else. My frame rate is normally around 50-60+ and even higher than that a lot of the time. On the Tempest it drops to 35 on the bridge or near the research console. With V-Sync off I can see the drop in FPS, but it's not cutting the frame rate down into the teens.

I don't recall ever seeing my FPS below 75 and usually it's in the mid 80s. In a vault last night I noticed it running at 110-150 fps. Everything set to the highest possible at 2560x1440.

I don't recall ever seeing my FPS below 75 and usually it's in the mid 80s. In a vault last night I noticed it running at 110-150 fps. Everything set to the highest possible at 2560x1440.

There is a big difference between trying to run the game at 2560x1440 and 3840x2160. I've also got the game on the custom preset with a few of the sliders past where the ultra preset puts them. Most of the time I'm at 60FPS or better with occasional drops into the 50's. It's not until I go to the Tempest that the frame rate takes a massive dive. V-Sync makes it so the performance drops into the teens at times. It depends on what star system I'm in more than anything. There are times where I can get 60FPS on the tempest all the time too. More often than not, I'm in the 45-55FPS range without V-Sync on. With V-Sync anytime your frame rate drops below the monitor's refresh rate it gets cut in half. It's not even that the frame rate drops too levels that are unacceptable as much as the rapid frame rate changes end up being very jarring. 59FPS = 30FPS. 29FPS=15 after it's been cut in half. Without V-Sync, getting dropped to the 55FPS range is noticeable but its very minor. Dropping to 30fPS from 60FPS faster than you can snap your fingers is. That's what it's like on the tempest.

So I get the choice to deal with screen tearing or a slide show. For whatever reason the console command to limit the frame rate doesn't work for me.

Back