Mass Effect 3

I just watched the trailer. It's not very high on my list of wants. I'm going to wait until I see reviews.

That makes me want to go play the first two again. Can't wait for the third one!

I am excited to see this game slowly approaching release (another year? no big deal) However, I do hope that it's better than the second installment. Of the two, I must say I did enjoy the first one a lot better.

me3 has been known about for well obvious reasons... it is a trilogy after all. plus EA leaked the box and breef plot on thier store a day or so ago.

so the trailer wasnt much of a suprise i already knew earth was burning.

the series gives me chills still even when they were just showing mass effect 2 for its nomination the music and video of 2 was awsome. ill be getting 3 day 1 no question about it.

I am excited to see this game slowly approaching release (another year? no big deal) However, I do hope that it's better than the second installment. Of the two, I must say I did enjoy the first one a lot better.

I thought they both had their merits. I liked the combat system of 2 a lot better except for the "you're about to be ambushed" boxes and ammo (I liked the ammo system in 1 a lot more). I thought the ambient world seemed a bit more alive in ME2, and I enjoyed the interrupt system. Finally, the characters in ME2 seemed a bit more interesting; I'm a huge fan of Mordin (but I study biochemistry so I'm biased :) ). On the other hand, I thought that for all the hype of ME2 being a dark game, ME1 was more intense and powerful. I played virmire for the first time after a late night at work when I was dead tired, and afterward I was so pissed I couldn't fall asleep. I also think that while the inventory management in ME1 was a bit tedious, ME2 went too far in the other direction. I liked having to choose between power and accuracy, shields vs. biotic protection, etc. Finally, I much prefer the Mako to planet scanning (although I had a great time convincing my girlfriend that the entire point of ME2 was planet scanning, and that's what I paid my $50 for. She didn't even know there were other planets to be scanned and completely fell for it. She thought I was nuts!)

The biggest thing I play ME for is the plot. It's my first RPG (other than pokemon, but that doesn't count) and even though the story may not be too original, it really captivated me and I'm hooked. This is one game I'm pre-ordering for sure, just as I did ME2. From the looks of the trailer, the plot won't disappoint.

I thought they both had their merits. I liked the combat system of 2 a lot better except for the "you're about to be ambushed" boxes and ammo (I liked the ammo system in 1 a lot more). I thought the ambient world seemed a bit more alive in ME2, and I enjoyed the interrupt system. Finally, the characters in ME2 seemed a bit more interesting; I'm a huge fan of Mordin (but I study biochemistry so I'm biased :) ). On the other hand, I thought that for all the hype of ME2 being a dark game, ME1 was more intense and powerful. I played virmire for the first time after a late night at work when I was dead tired, and afterward I was so pissed I couldn't fall asleep. I also think that while the inventory management in ME1 was a bit tedious, ME2 went too far in the other direction. I liked having to choose between power and accuracy, shields vs. biotic protection, etc. Finally, I much prefer the Mako to planet scanning (although I had a great time convincing my girlfriend that the entire point of ME2 was planet scanning, and that's what I paid my $50 for. She didn't even know there were other planets to be scanned and completely fell for it. She thought I was nuts!)

The biggest thing I play ME for is the plot. It's my first RPG (other than pokemon, but that doesn't count) and even though the story may not be too original, it really captivated me and I'm hooked. This is one game I'm pre-ordering for sure, just as I did ME2. From the looks of the trailer, the plot won't disappoint.
I will agree on some of what you have written here. The one thing that really made me angry with ME2 was the storyline. It pretty much sucked, IMO. Gather up the forces for one mission... big whoop. :rolleyes: But I digress, overall the game was rather enjoyable. I probably won't be replaying it, but I rarely replay any of my games.

I'm hoping for:

inventory more like 1, but with more armor slots

ammo system of 1

no planet scanning (I just cheated and edited my save file)

vehicles, but no vehicle combat

I own ME1 and 2 on steam and have yet to play either for more than twenty minutes.

Just started playing Mass Effect 2 again, ready for the big day. Better come out before my gf gives birth to the brood.

lol, I thought it was a commercial for crysis before the trailer. I likes it! Looks good.

Yay. More epic hero shepherd time. Hero of the earth, no wait, hero of the galaxy!!!

I will agree on some of what you have written here. The one thing that really made me angry with ME2 was the storyline. It pretty much sucked, IMO. Gather up the forces for one mission... big whoop. :rolleyes: But I digress, overall the game was rather enjoyable. I probably won't be replaying it, but I rarely replay any of my games.

Different strokes for different folks. I liked the story. And the atmosphere was a big win.

God-damned pre-rendered trailers, what a fucking waste of time. Just like the Skyrim one, this tells you absolutely nothing of any value about the game except that it's in development.

Not to mention in my ME universe, Shepard is a woman.

Just give me the game already. And don't stop at 3, either.

God-damned pre-rendered trailers, what a fucking waste of time. Just like the Skyrim one, this tells you absolutely nothing of any value about the game except that it's in development.

Not to mention in my ME universe, Shepard is a woman.

Just give me the game already. And don't stop at 3, either.

I have no doubts you would be the one to call the cops on a party, you party pooper. :p:mad:

It tells you the Earth is being attacked, the Reavers have returned once again in higher numbers, and obviously we need to save earth and stop the Reavers from attacking other planets.

The prerendered (oxymoron) stuff is extremely cool.

98% of Mass Effects player base is male, hence Shepard being male, also Shepard is a mans name, and one more thing the female Shepard was thrown in last just to appeal to the females/weird guys that do play. Your telling me they should have two different commercials one for the male Shepard and the other for the female Shepard? Yea right.

I have no doubts you would be the one to call the cops on a party, you party pooper. :p:mad:

It tells you the Earth is being attacked, the Reavers have returned once again in higher numbers, and obviously we need to save earth and stop the Reavers from attacking other planets.

The prerendered (oxymoron) stuff is extremely cool.

98% of Mass Effects player base is male, hence Shepard being male, also Shepard is a mans name, and one more thing the female Shepard was thrown in last just to appeal to the females/weird guys that do play. Your telling me they should have two different commercials one for the male Shepard and the other for the female Shepard? Yea right.

I like the female Shep cause she's a better voice actor. I think so, at least.

also Shepard is a mans name

You do know Shepard is the surname, right?

I don't really care about the gender of the character in the commercial, don't take it so seriously. I do hate pointless, pre-rendered teasers, however. They're part of the reason such a vast amount of money is spent on marketing, when it would be better spent on developing the game so that it doesn't have tedious planet driving or mining sections.

Also, anyone who's played ME2 already knows there's a boatload of Reapers (Firefly fan? don't blame you) on the way, so it's not really news.

Shush, your blasphemy is unwanted here among us Mass Effect lovers. :D :p

The only way I can put this game...in song...

Better check your totem, the real blasphemy is when people settle for watered-down games and gawk at "big" production (read: churned out). Oh, and to make it all better, you pay 60 dollars for it, and every scrap of dlc afterwards is monetized. I used to really like Mass Effect, but the second game really put me off.

Mass Effect 2's story suffered from being the second part of a trilogy. Not that the story in the first game was amazing, but it was better. Hopefully this one will have a better story, though I'm still expecting it to be nothing more then a mish-mash of sci-fi tropes mixed in with Bioware's penchant for writing good characters.

Mass Effect 2's story suffered from being the second part of a trilogy. Not that the story in the first game was amazing, but it was better. Hopefully this one will have a better story, though I'm still expecting it to be nothing more then a mish-mash of sci-fi tropes mixed in with Bioware's penchant for writing good characters.

The writing is still better than any other sci fi game out there, and aside from Bioware's nicely fleshed out characters, they've also proven that they can throw together a very cinematic and *moving* game.

The writing is still better than any other sci fi game out there.

I won't argue with that, but some people like to put it on some kind of level with sci-fi movies or even some of the great sci-fi novels. There are parts of ME and ME2 where it seems like Bioware just tossed some random sci-fi tropes at the wall to see what would work in the game. The Racni were cool, but overall they seemed to serve no purpose other then providing some different enemies to fight and to add a potentially pointless choice into the game.

I won't argue with that, but some people like to put it on some kind of level with sci-fi movies or even some of the great sci-fi novels. There are parts of ME and ME2 where it seems like Bioware just tossed some random sci-fi tropes at the wall to see what would work in the game. The Racni were cool, but overall they seemed to serve no purpose other then providing some different enemies to fight and to add a potentially pointless choice into the game.

It's better than a number of SciFi movies.

That's not really a testament to the powerful writing and story of Bioware, but rather the mediocre writing out of Hollywood. ;)

And of course it cannot stack up to the great SciFi novels...

I'd guess the Rachni will play a fairly large role in the ME3... unless you killed them lol. Remember, you got that message from them in ME2. It's probably a teaser for 3. Maybe they help save Earth?

I'd guess they will play a fairly large role in the ME3... unless you killed them lol. Remember, you got that message from them in ME2. It's probably a teaser for 3.

I doubt they'll play a huge role, just due to the nature of the choice they had you make. If it was too much of an involvement it would be akin to punishing players for not playing the game as a paragon, which would be bad.

This and ESV are high on my most anticipated title list to be sure.

I need to start a new run through on ME, then follow up with the save for ME2 and use it for ME3. Paragon or Renegade.... hmmmmmmmm..

I need to start a new run through on ME, then follow up with the save for ME2 and use it for ME3. Paragon or Renegade.... hmmmmmmmm..

I just redownloaded ME2 to do that. Need to redownload ME1 now as well. Then download all the extra content for both. I'm glad I have a large hard drive. The ME2 DDE is 22GB.

I just redownloaded ME2 to do that. Need to redownload ME1 now as well. Then download all the extra content for both. I'm glad I have a large hard drive. The ME2 DDE is 22GB.

Except for Pinnacle Station.. that was a piece of crap.

Except for Pinnacle Station.. that was a piece of crap.

Never bought it and I intend to keep that way. Actually I haven't bought any DLC for any Bioware title, not even all the NWN DLC campaigns they had.

I doubt they'll play a huge role, just due to the nature of the choice they had you make. If it was too much of an involvement it would be akin to punishing players for not playing the game as a paragon, which would be bad.

It'd probably be like Wrex in ME2. If you let him live, he has a fairly large role (for a non-team NPC). If you killed him, he is replaced by someone else (his brother if memory serves) and the Krogan are less likely to help you (and in turn will probably be less likely to help in ME3, as they aren't working toward unification as they would have been under Wrex). So, if you let the Rachni live, they will play a part in saving Earth. If you killed them, it may make your task harder (or at least different).

I'm not saying that if you killed off the Rachni that Earth is doomed, but you'll have to find some other race(s) to help instead, and it might cause main characters, who otherwise would have survived, to die as a result... or vice versa. Who knows. Maybe they will fly in, say "this isn't our fight", give Shepard the middle mandible, and fly off to Klendathu or where ever lol.

Back