• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mass Effect 3 Launch Trailer

I'll admit I've never played any of the other Mass Effect games so its hard to tell what type of game it is, a FPS? 3rd person shooter? Flight sim? All of that?
 
I find it interesting the trailers are always using the male sheppard, yet everyone I know plays the game as a female sheppard (and claim it has nothing to do with girl on girl alien action).
 
I.m sure there are plenty of freaks, but the voice actress for the FemShep is way better personally...
 
I'm getting sick of these trailers...just release the damn game already!!! ~grin~ lol
 
Never played ME...personally looking at that I would rather them just release the entire story in cg and let me watch it. I have enough games to play right now. :)
 
I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it! I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!
 
It's got a catchy date...that means Bioware is on a fixed schedule and they'll have to release it regardless of bugs in the game. No thanks.

Not to mention it's got Origin. That's bad enough. I might buy it for the 360 once it's in the clearance bucket.
 
It's got a catchy date...that means Bioware is on a fixed schedule and they'll have to release it regardless of bugs in the game. No thanks.

So the game has a set release date = automatic bad game? That kind of logic doesn't make sense to me :confused:
 
It's got a catchy date...that means Bioware is on a fixed schedule and they'll have to release it regardless of bugs in the game. No thanks.

Not to mention it's got Origin. That's bad enough. I might buy it for the 360 once it's in the clearance bucket.
I'm getting kind of irritated about the trendy attitude of no game is good enough and you'll just wait till it's on clearance for 50-75% off of its original retail price. You have no clue what stage the game is at in development.:rolleyes:

Been stated by Bioware that the game has been done since January. They were in final production stages back in late 2011.
 
I wish they made it a little more gritty. Like Shep needs to be a cross between the old Max Payne, a Vietnam war vet, and Canderous Ordo. Making comments about having to go back "in the shit", delighting in the glory of battle, and delivering a cold-monotone noir narrative.
 
So the game has a set release date = automatic bad game? That kind of logic doesn't make sense to me :confused:

Not necessarily, but I feel pretty burned by Skyrim quite frankly. 11-11-11 and it took 2 or 3 months for them to resolve some major bugs that severely impacted game play.

From a business standpoint you obviously have to set a release date. At the same time, from an engineering standpoint, it takes a certain amount of time to develop and test a set of features that meet the design specifications of the game. Skyrim was a good example of what happens when marketing takes priority over quality.

In light of L0s7's post about it being ready since January I've got hope it's a solid release. Maybe the development team planned ahead and actually set realistic goals in light of the fancy 3-6-12 release target.

I'm getting kind of irritated about the trendy attitude of no game is good enough and you'll just wait till it's on clearance for 50-75% off of its original retail price. You have no clue what stage the game is at in development.:rolleyes:

No, I don't. But I do know that Origin pisses me off and I'm not buying it for the PC. On the PC I might have been willing to pay $40-50 for the game. On the 360 where I can't import previous save games from my PC versions of ME1 and ME2, can't use a console to fix game bugs (read: Skyrim), can't get patches as fast on the consoles (patches have to go through Microsoft's approval process), suffer worse graphics (or maybe the PC version is gimped so that they are no better than consoles :D), the value for me is much less than $40-50.
 
I've been holding off with this series until the end of last year and I must say cannot wait for this one! Every time my fiance see a ME3 commercial she exclaims we need to see this "movie." I just can't break the news to her that it is not a movie and she'll hear a lot of\from it. She just won't see me for a while! :p
 
"Each of you needs to be willing to die. Anything less, and you're already dead."

LOL.
 
Game looks good enough to try. Should you play 1 and 2 first, or do you think 3 will catch you up just fine?
 
Game looks good enough to try. Should you play 1 and 2 first, or do you think 3 will catch you up just fine?

You definitely should play the first two to get the full experience. Plus all of your decisions carry throughout the series (via save games), so you have much more emotional investment by the time you get to the 3rd game. Starting directly on the 3rd game is like reading the plot summary on Wikipedia on The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers without having seen the films, then watching The Return of the King.
 
Game looks good enough to try. Should you play 1 and 2 first, or do you think 3 will catch you up just fine?

Definitely the second one, maybe the first. I only say that because I started with the second game, which was amazing, and caught on to the story easily. When I went back to play the first one, I found that the combat was kinda terrible.
 
Definitely the second one, maybe the first. I only say that because I started with the second game, which was amazing, and caught on to the story easily. When I went back to play the first one, I found that the combat was kinda terrible.

And coming from the first to the second was the same kind of shock in some ways.

I wouldn't say you HAVE to play the first two but I am replaying the first two just so I can have my saved Shepard. I lost the first two in a hasty reformat :mad:
 
I have to admit, that was probably the best game trailer I've seen in a while now. Come on 3/6!
 
Anyone remember the Shadow war episodes of Babylon 5? space battle scenes in this trailer really reminded me of B5, awesome stuff, I need to watch the series again...
 
The first two were great games, and one of the few that I have ever bought at full price and not waited for them to go on sale. But, I don't know if I want to open another account with another vendor just to play this game. I mean what are they thinking making people have an Origins account to play? I guess I will see if I'm done with Skyrim when it comes out.

It seems like these PC game publishers become more hostile every year tward their customers. I just want to download this on Steam, Amazon, or GOG and not worry about EA's BS. I think I just really want to see another publisher pick up Dead Space and Mass Effect and then see EA go out of business for being shit bags, then while they are at it they can take UbiSoft with them. EA becomes more like the RIAA/MPAA every year.
 
It's got a catchy date...that means Bioware is on a fixed schedule and they'll have to release it regardless of bugs in the game. No thanks.

Not to mention it's got Origin. That's bad enough. I might buy it for the 360 once it's in the clearance bucket.

But it was originally a "Holiday 2011" launch, so I don't know what you're talking about.
 
Going to be sitting this one out for a year or two until Origin is better developed. I spent three days trying to get Origin to send me just a confirmation email of an order I made. Their customer service is down right horrible (the first rep I spoke to was either incredibly untrained or just didn't have a problem with straight out lying to me). Until then, one of my favorite new franchises will sit on the back burner for me.

As to those who are saying whether or not to play the first two. I think the story in ME1 is far superior to ME2. ME2 was actually pretty forgettable with fairly fun gameplay. ME1 I found to be completely engrossing and wonderful, with occasionally frustrating combat, but it wasn't normally an issue for me. I barely remember any key details to ME2, other than collecting team members and an incredibly disappointing boss fight. ME1 on the other hand felt like a roller coaster for the entire last quarter of the game, incredible build up and incredible ending.
I think it's a disservice to yourself to skip ME1, and ME2 is fun too (the beginning is probably the best part of the whole game), but I found ME2 to be hardly worth replaying.
 
Back
Top