Mass Effect 1 noob texture help, please

Samury

Limp Gawd
I've searched all over the Web and nothing I've tried has helped. I recently installed the Steam version of ME1 on the PC in my sig and even though I have altered plenty of .ini file settings - which made the game look even better - and tried the original, on the planet Ferros after exiting the Geth tunnel my game always CTDs.

Do I need to reinstall the game, and how do I do that without losing my saved games? I used to be able to do that, but its been a while. I've tried restarting from an earlier point, even off-planet, but I still get the same crashed result.

It's probably not a hardware problem, given my setup, and it's a well-documented problem, but nothing I have tried has fixed it. Any ideas?

Thanks ahead of time.

I have never heard of this crash issue. Usually problems in Ferros are black textures related and they go away when opening ME Configuration Utility, selecting repair and then pressing Delete Local Shader Cache Files. (you may have to open the utility manually from the game folder with Win XP compatibility mode enabled to see it)

If it does nothing then try reinstalling or verifying file integrity in Steam. You shouldnt need to start your game over after either so its worth of the try.

I've searched all over the Web and nothing I've tried has helped. I recently installed the Steam version of ME1 on the PC in my sig and even though I have altered plenty of .ini file settings - which made the game look even better - and tried the original, on the planet Ferros after exiting the Geth tunnel my game always CTDs.

Do I need to reinstall the game, and how do I do that without losing my saved games? I used to be able to do that, but its been a while. I've tried restarting from an earlier point, even off-planet, but I still get the same crashed result.

It's probably not a hardware problem, given my setup, and it's a well-documented problem, but nothing I have tried has fixed it. Any ideas?

Thanks ahead of time.

Isn't this about a point where you pull up the Galaxy Map? Maybe copy-protection acting up?

Back