Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered (PC)

the beauty in all these playstation games coming to pc is i'll still never get mgs4 on pc (native) 🥲

Ray-traced reflections in addition to improved rasterized lighting, DLSS, DLAA, multiple ultra widescreen aspect ratios supported (including 21:9, 32:9, and Surround/Eyefinity/multimonitor). Promises more customizable graphics options than more recent Sony PC releases. Native Dualsense support with haptic feedback and plays nice with Steam input.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/07/20/marvels-spider-man-remastered-pc-features-revealed/

1658334825734.png

1658335009879.png

Also getting and Epic Games Store release.
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/marvels-spider-man-remastered

Is black spiderman coming to PC too?
Yes, Miles Morales is coming to PC later this year.

https://hardforum.com/threads/marvels-spider-man-miles-morales-coming-to-pc.2019975/

The CPU reqs -- all targeting 60fps -- make my head hurt. 4670 to 12700K, quite the gap there.
Also the RAM for max raytracing jumps from 16 to 32 GB.

Yeah I took one look at those system requirements and said to myself "let's just see what actually ships on release"

$60 for this. I do understand it has some notable upgrades, but this is a departure from the $50 price of previous games which also had PC specific upgrades. I suppose this means future Sony games on PC will also carry a $70 price tag if newly released. Since their games tend to get ported later, $60 might be the "discounted" price we see from now on.

I expected that for future ports like Horizon Forbidden West or the upcoming God of War game, but considering Spider-Man released with a $60 price tag in 2018 I find it interesting they've bumped the price up for this one.

Is black spiderman coming to PC too?

They announced Miles was coming the same time they announced this port. I imagine we'll see MM get a release within a few months of this release, maybe less.

The CPU reqs -- all targeting 60fps -- make my head hurt. 4670 to 12700K, quite the gap there.
Also the RAM for max raytracing jumps from 16 to 32 GB.

CPU and RAM requirements, especially at the high end, always tend to be a bit overblown.

$60 for this. I do understand it has some notable upgrades, but this is a departure from the $50 price of previous games which also had PC specific upgrades. I suppose this means future Sony games on PC will also carry a $70 price tag if newly released. Since their games tend to get ported later, $60 might be the "discounted" price we see from now on.

I expected that for future ports like Horizon Forbidden West or the upcoming God of War game, but considering Spider-Man released with a $60 price tag in 2018 I find it interesting they've bumped the price up for this one.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them release PS5 titles at $70 on PC. Remaster is technically a PS5 title so I suppose they're using that to justify the price. We'll see what they price Last of Us Part 1, but I expect it to be $70 just like the console version.

Ray-traced reflections in addition to improved rasterized lighting, DLSS, DLAA, multiple ultra widescreen aspect ratios supported (including 21:9, 32:9, and Surround/Eyefinity/multimonitor). Promises more customizable graphics options than more recent Sony PC releases. Native Dualsense support with haptic feedback and plays nice with Steam input.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/07/20/marvels-spider-man-remastered-pc-features-revealed/

nice!...sounds like the best Sony PC port to date in terms of PC specific optimizations- ray-tracing, DLSS, DLAA...an even higher level of ray-tracing sounds amazing for 3080 owners...it even has DualSense support...if implemented correctly the ray-traced reflections should be a demo showcase...I'm glad they mentioned fully customizable KB/M support as it seems most developers nowadays assume that everyone is using a controller (even on PC)

Can't believe Spider-Man is having DLSS and not Resident Evil

Capcom please I beg you 🙏

Sorry I like Spider-Man, continue on.

so DLAA doesn't use any upscaling and is just a better version of DLSS (with a bigger performance hit)?...how does it compare to traditional AA like SSAA or MSAA?...so DLAA is meant for games that you can run natively (no DLSS) with high frame rates to give an additional visual upgrade?

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them release PS5 titles at $70 on PC. Remaster is technically a PS5 title so I suppose they're using that to justify the price. We'll see what they price Last of Us Part 1, but I expect it to be $70 just like the console version.

Yeah I suppose we'll see how it goes. Last of Us is still just a remake of an older game so hopefully that isn't the full $70. But I fully expect $70 for newer games, even if they release a year late. Hopefully I'm wrong though. Even Modern Warfare 2022 is going to be $70 and technically Microsoft owns it now.

Yeah I suppose we'll see how it goes. Last of Us is still just a remake of an older game so hopefully that isn't the full $70. But I fully expect $70 for newer games, even if they release a year late. Hopefully I'm wrong though. Even Modern Warfare 2022 is going to be $70 and technically Microsoft owns it now.

Forspoken is also going to be $70 on PC...PC game prices have been $60 on the high end for a very long time so I can't complain too much about a $10 increase

Last edited:
it's just AI Anti-Aliasing, no upscaling part so performance hit fits the description = big

edit: 'just' AI Anti-Aliasing, lol

Forspoken is also going to be $70 on PC...PC game prices have been $60 on the high end for a very long time so I can't complain too much for a $10 increase

Yeah a lot of the major AAA developers seem to be going to $70. I'm sure there will be some holdouts but in around 3 years it will be the standard. I recall CoD 4 was actually one of the first games that demanded a $60 PC price tag.

so DLAA doesn't use any upscaling and is just a better version of DLSS (with a bigger performance hit)?...how does it compare to traditional AA like SSAA or MSAA?...so DLAA is meant for games that you can run natively (no DLSS) with high frame rates to give an additional visual upgrade?
Basically. It uses an algorithm similar to DLSS, but reconstructs the image at native resolution so there is no upscaling. It gives a performance impact similar to MSAA 2x, maybe a bit better. To my eye, it doesn't look that much better than DLSS Quality in TESO, but doesn't come with the performance improvement. Where it really shines is on distant geometry and alpha textures, where DLSS can sometimes struggle. It is most definitely better than TAA.

Basically. It uses an algorithm similar to DLSS, but reconstructs the image at native resolution so there is no upscaling. It gives a performance impact similar to MSAA 2x, maybe a bit better. To my eye, it doesn't look that much better than DLSS Quality in TESO, but doesn't come with the performance improvement. Where it really shines is on distant geometry and alpha textures, where DLSS can sometimes struggle. It is most definitely better than TAA.

there's such a small amount of games that actually support DLAA as well (Deathloop has unofficial support)...it seems that it would make sense to add support for older games which you can run at high frame rates to get that extra visual improvement

I almost bought this for PS5 a few different times and am on board for the PC version now. Hopefully it performs well out of the gate and doesn't take several months to make playable.

I like the Comicbook Spiderman but I might pick this up if I can get a key cheap. I stopped playing Batman games cause there was so much else out there. I haven't played a Spiderman game since the Atari 2600 version.

Last edited:
I guess Sony doesn't believe in discounting their PC releases no matter how old the game is...September 2018 was the initial release with the Remastered edition hitting PS5 in November 2020

I guess Sony doesn't believe in discounting their PC releases no matter how old the game is...September 2018 was the initial release with the Remastered edition hitting PS5 in November 2020
Why should they? You people clamouring for PS exclusives on PC. You know it not a trivial job to port games over. If you do t like the price then just wait til it is on sale. You people wait for 3+ years already.

I don't buy Stream games 99% of the time unless it's 65%+ off anyway,

Insomniac is streaming about the PC version right now.
Update: They're actually playing the game, not just talking about it.

Last edited:
Valve is reaching out to users in seven countries to ask them to cancel and renew their preorders for Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered, after announcing that the original—pretty high—prices for the game in those territories were incorrectly assigned

The affected countries were the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, Israel, Norway, and Poland...users in those countries with Spider-Man preorders will need to cancel their original purchase and make a new one to take advantage of the corrected, lower prices that are now in operation...

https://www.pcgamer.com/marvels-spi...ountries-so-steam-wants-you-to-repurchase-it/

I'm going with CDKeys all the way. I love that they're porting console games to the PC, but I'm not a believer in paying full price for ports of games that aren't brand new. Shoot me.

with all the PC enhancements I'm wondering if the game will be solid on Day 1 or will require a few patches...now that I'm pretty much done with my first playthrough of Elden Ring, Spidey will be a nice chance of pace

I haven't seen much discussion on if this game is even good or not....

Seems like web-slinging across town could get repetitive but I haven't played it and don't know anything about how the combat or the rest of the game is. Thoughts?

Seems like web-slinging across town could get repetitive but I haven't played it and don't know anything about how the combat or the rest of the game is. Thoughts?

Word of mouth is it's good.

I haven't played a Spider-Man game since PSX Spider-Man game lol

I 100% completed it.

I don't 100% a lot of games unless they're fun. That's just my opinion though.

It's fun, the writing is good, and slinging around is really fun. There is a fast travel option that I didn't use, it's just more fun to sling where you're going.

Depends if you like the Arkham Batman games from rocksteady. I had fun with both spiderman games but I did not go out of my way to get every side mission or collectible done.

so Spidey will be closer to Horizon Zero Dawn vs God of War (PC)

We won't really know until it's out. Nixxes is generally pretty good with their ports, but it's still going to heavily depend on how much time Sony gave them and how easy Insomniac's engine makes porting. I don't remember what Sunset Overdrive was like when it launched on PC, but from what I've read Spidy uses a modified version of that engine.

Genuinely, one of the best super hero games ever made. The plot is incredibly good with great voice acting. Web swinging really never gets old, at least to me. I never made use of the fast-travel system in either this or Miles. Though, the game is not without it's flaws:

The game suffers from some amount of Ubisoft-ness with it's open-world. A lot of the side activities are fairly mundane busy work and some of the are downright terrible. The bigger side-quests that unlock as you go through the game are all worth doing, they each add something to either the base game's story or it's DLC.

One of the things that really bugged me when I was playing through it the first time was that there are points where the story just stops. The game tells you to go off and do some side-activates until the next story mission pops up. On one hand, I know they basically had to put those stopping points in there because there aren not a lot of natural breaks in the plot where it make sense to run off and do other Spider-man shit, but the plot was so compelling that I just wanted to keep going through it regardless.

Depends if you like the Arkham Batman games from rocksteady. I had fun with both spiderman games but I did not go out of my way to get every side mission or collectible done.
Loved Arkham Asylum; found Arkham City to be incredibly boring and haven't played the others.

Back